• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Camino Mendocino video and links

NualaOC

Veteran Member
Time of past OR future Camino
A few and hopefully lots more.
As some of you know, I walked the Camino Mendocino last year. It's a little-known route that starts in Guadalajara and connects with the Camino de Madrid in Manzanares el Real. It was a very special and memorable experience - I wrote about it in a live from the Camino thread.

For anyone who's curious or tempted, this video by Turismo Guadalajara gives a taster of the terrain and the sights along the way.

And if you're tempted to go down that dangerous rabbit hole of Camino planning, this thread will hopefully help to take you there. 😊

Buen Camino! Nuala

The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.
Thanks, Nuala, that video is very nicely done. I think that for those who don't like walking out of a big city, this is the perfect alternative. I have never been to the city of Guadalajara, though I have visited a few of its towns. Seems like walking through the province would get you out of mainstream travelandia.

If I understood correctly that the camino passes through Uceda, that is very close to Patones de Arriba, a favorite weekend lunch destination for people from Madrid. It is a very pretty and well-restored ancient stone village with lots of excellent restaurants, at least if you are a meat-eater. There are a lot of trails in the vicinity, and I have taken several long post-prandial hikes from there, so I may have actually walked on some of the Camino Mendocino!

I know at least one forum member is planning to walk the Mendocino this year, maybe all this publicity will start the snowball rolling. Buen camino, Laurie

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back