• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Camino movies!

Ultreia et Suseia!

Camino training yields the best packing list!
Time of past OR future Camino
From O Porto in September.
Ultreia!

I bumped into this page from Correos (in English) about camino movies.

From the list, I was able to find only the Martin Sheen one (The Way) and this one, which I loved:

Tres en el camino is about a Japanese, a Brazilian, and a Dutch pilgim doing the camino at different seasons. It made me so happy I thought I'd share.

From that movie, check minute 27:30 for a cool folksy song that pilgrims seem to sing together about the camino. It made me smile. Here are the lyrics in English:

Every morning we take the path,
every morning we go further.
Day after day St. James calls us,
Ultreïa ! Ultreïa ! Et suseia Deus adjuva nos !

Ultreia!

Last edited:
Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
Join our full-service guided tour and let us convert you into a Pampered Pilgrim!
Where did you get it? I looked in Apple TV, YouTube, Netflix, Prime, Crave.... I could only Find The Way and Tres en el Camino in YouTube.

Ultreia!
The Way is available on Amazon Prime (UK) for free. I think a few months ago, when I watched it, it was free with ads, but recently I checked again and it was completely free (without having to endure the ads).

Might I add, a Spanish series called “3 Caminos”, about a group of friends who met on their 1st Camino, and then repeated the Camino 2 more times at different stages of their lives. Really good!!! I was hooked and binged watch it in one night 🤪

We bought it years ago on Amazon Prime and still have it on out account. We also have The Way and a few other Camino movies.
I'll Push You- about two friends from Idaho. One pushes the other in a wheelchair (true story)
Wayfaring-A jaunt along the Camino de Santiago This one is about a guy who walks Wilderness trails in the US and does the Camino. Cute and light-hearted.

There are some others out there. Phil's Camino about a man being treated for cancer who makes his own Camino near his home and logs the miles while he is getting treatment. He does eventually wak the CF in between treatments (true story).

The Camino Voyage about a group that rows a boat from Great Britain to Spain.

Life in a Walk about a man with Cancer who walks the CP with his adult son.

Maybe you can't get these in Canada? There are some other short films on Amazon Prime in the US as well.

We also have The Way in our Amazon purchases and that was our first introduction to the Camino in 2014. We started reading and watching everything we could find before we started walking in 2016.

St James' Way - Self-guided 4-7 day Walking Packages, Reading to Southampton, 110 kms
Might I add, a Spanish series called “3 Caminos”, about a group of friends who met on their 1st Camino, and then repeated the Camino 2 more times at different stages of their lives. Really good!!! I was hooked and binged watch it in one night 🤪

We bought it years ago on Amazon Prime and still have it on out account. We also have The Way and a few other Camino movies.
I'll Push You- about two friends from Idaho. One pushes the other in a wheelchair (true story)
Wayfaring-A jaunt along the Camino de Santiago This one is about a guy who walks Wilderness trails in the US and does the Camino. Cute and light-hearted.

There are some others out there. Phil's Camino about a man being treated for cancer who makes his own Camino near his home and logs the miles while he is getting treatment. He does eventually wak the CF in between treatments (true story).

The Camino Voyage about a group that rows a boat from Great Britain to Spain.

Life in a Walk about a man with Cancer who walks the CP with his adult son.

Maybe you can't get these in Canada? There are some other short films on Amazon Prime in the US as well.

I swear, in this forum, no matter what you post, you always get more than what you give.

Thank you @LananyaLea, @J Willhaus, and @ivar ❤️🙏🏻

Ultreia!

FYI, I just rented Phil's Camino on Vimeo. There are two versions-- the original 27 minute pilot feature and the longer 57 minute version. I was able to purchase on my phone and play on TV. Very touching. Annie O'Neal did a good job directing and the videography is very nice. This came out a few years ago and the Phil in the documentary died in 2021 several years after the documentary was released. Very cool movie if you get a chance to see it. Rent the longer one if you can.

Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-
Ultreia!

From the list, I was able to find only the Martin Sheen one (The Way) and this one, which I loved:

Tres en el camino is about a Japanese, a Brazilian, and a Dutch pilgim doing the camino at different seasons. It made me so happy I thought I'd share.

From that movie, check minute 27:30 for a cool folksy song that pilgrims seem to sing together about the camino. It made me smile. Here are the lyrics in English:

Ultreia!
There's several versions of it on YouTube. I picked this one at random.
I was not aware of the song the first time I walked the Camino, so one morning after a communal breakfast in an albergue the hospitalero had us join hands at the table and we sang it together in French, me stumbling through it not knowing what I was singing along with. Nonetheless I found it moving and special and of course I later learned what it was.
Ultreia

I was not aware of the song the first time I walked the Camino, so one morning after a communal breakfast in an albergue the hospitalero had us join hands at the table and we sang it together in French, me stumbling through it not knowing what I was singing along with. Nonetheless I found it moving and special and of course I later learned what it was.
Ultreia
What a cool experience! I guess that only happens in the Francés?

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
FYI, I just rented Phil's Camino on Vimeo. There are two versions-- the original 27 minute pilot feature and the longer 57 minute version. I was able to purchase on my phone and play on TV. Very touching. Annie O'Neal did a good job directing and the videography is very nice. This came out a few years ago and the Phil in the documentary died in 2021 several years after the documentary was released. Very cool movie if you get a chance to see it. Rent the longer one if you can.
Thanks for the homework!!! I can't wait to see this one too!

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
What a cool experience! I guess that only happens in the Francés?
I don't know, that was on the Frances but I'm sure it's sung on other routes. Quite often I'll change up my greetings to passing pilgrims from "buen Camino" to ultreia or a simple good morning/afternoon.

Last edited:
I don't know, that was on the Frances but I'm sure it's sung on other routes. Quite often I'll change up my greetings to passing pilgrims from "burn Camino" to ultreia or a simple good morning/afternoon.
Today, from this adorable series on the Portugues I learnt: Força peregrinos! Which means "strenght pilgrims" in Portuguese 😎:

My favourite is Saint Jacques ... La Mecque - a French movie from 2005. It's part drama, part comedy with a beautiful heart and message.
anamcara,
I like it too! This is also a French novel. See more in this earlier post.

Last edited:
St James' Way - Self-guided 4-7 day Walking Packages, Reading to Southampton, 110 kms
Going off at a tangent (as one does), how about a movie/doco about what I think off as the invisible pilgrims - Machado said ‘el Camino se hace por andar’ (the way is made by walking). No it isn’t, the Camino is made by thousands and thousands of people, paid and unpaid, who work all year round unseen and generally unacknowledged by us to maintain and support it. I think there is very interesting story to be told there.

We have 6 ways to Santiago and really enjoy it.
We have a DVD of it also but we saw in a theater when it first came out. The producer was taking the film on a road trip. Before the film was shown she asked for a show of hands from those who were interested in walking the camino. That included us who still hadn't gone. After the showing before going to audience questions she asked for another show of hands from those who now wanted to go. She saw fewer this time and remarked that in some cities she got more wanting to go and in others fewer.

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
Join our full-service guided tour and let us convert you into a Pampered Pilgrim!
Hi Anamcara
I have tried everywhere to get this film .. for years in fact
where did you find it?
Best wishes
Annette
Hi Annette.

I know it’s difficult to find. My husband (French) has had it on a USB for many years. He doesn’t remember where he found it.

But I did find this on Amazon. If you have a DVD player!

Before you buy this DVD or Blue Ray edition of Saint Jacques ... La Mecque, make sure that it is what you want:
  • Dubbed: ‎ French
  • Language: ‎ French
For some reason, DVDs produced in France often don't have subtitles or audio in other languages than French - at least mine doesn't. Saint Jacques ... La Mecque is a favourite of mine. For several years already, it has been very difficult to buy this movie on DVD or rent it on a streaming service. This is why I don't shy away from saying that a copy is currently on YouTube. In spoken French, with Spanish subtitles and bad visual quality but still good enough to make you smile and giggle and think "oh yes, exactly".

Today, from this adorable series on the Portugues I learnt: Força peregrinos! Which means "strenght pilgrims" in Portuguese 😎:

Thank you so much for posting this, @Ultreia et Suseia!
As I am currently studying Portuguese for my upcoming Caminho Português, this series of videos is just what I needed. Muito obrigada!

[Edited for typo]

Last edited:

€46,-
Ultreia!

Ultreia!
In 2008 I walked my first camino and just after O'Cebreiro all the pilgrims were stopped by a film crew for about 20 minutes. After filming stopped I lingered back to talk. Apparently it was a major motion picture historical piece. I went over to talk to St James himself, apparently a well known Argentian actor. I joked that all the pilgrims were rushing ahead to get to Santiago and here he was all alone. We looked out at the vista a while and he said he might like to walk one day. I said he was already walking the camino...I saw him walk back and forth in the same section until they got the shot. I bid him a buen camino. Then saw the film crew lounging in the grass all wearing black Tshirts with white letters saying "estoy en crisis". "Lo siento" I said to them they laughed which lead to snacks and drinks and a heartfelt conversation about suffering and joy on pilgrimage. My spanish was good enough for this delightful encounter and i am ever so grateful.

so does anyone know what movie this might be? I have been trying to find it all these years.

so does anyone know what movie this might be?
The movie Al Final del Camino is not a historical piece and I don't think that Saint James himself has a role in it but otherwise there are some things that fit: the movie is a major movie production, it hit the cinemas in 2009, and one of the two male leading actors is Diego Peretti, who is Argentinian. There are black T-shirts with white letters saying "Estoy en crisis" in it. Here is a screenshot of one such scene; images of the village of O Cebreiro are preceding and following this scene:

(Click to enlarge)
Al final del Camino.jpg

Last edited:
The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
If you hold a public library card in the US and Canada, you may have access to Kanopy and Hoopla. Kanopy is also available in the UK, Australia, NZ, Hong Kong and Singapore, I believe. There are a couple (free) videos, no ads, available to stream - though your library may have different titles than my library has.

For my library, Kanopy has:
Walking the Camino: Six Ways to Santiago: Following Six People on a Spiritual Pilgrimage
Looking for Infinity: El Camino: An Inspirational Christian Pilgrimage
Strangers on the Earth: A Musical Journey on the Camino de Santiago Pilgrimage (I love this one)

Hoopla has:
Life In A Walk
Phil's Camino (love this, too)

Buen Camino!

The movie Al Final del Camino is not a historical piece and I don't think that Saint James himself has a role in it but otherwise there are some things that fit: the movie is a major movie production, it hit the cinemas in 2009, and one of the two male leading actors is Diego Peretti, who is Argentinian. There are black T-shirts with white letters saying "Estoy en crisis" in it. Here is a screenshot of one such scene; images of the village of O Cebreiro are preceding and following this scene:

(Click to enlarge)
View attachment 127494
OMG!!!! Fantastic! That's it! Katarina, you are a rock star!

Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-
Another good film is The Road to Santiago ( Noah Ark Productions) which is free on You Tube, nicely made by a real film maker, who was inspired to make the journey after a life changing experience. Only problem to anyone outside the Uk is his Scouse (Liverpool accent) !

€46,-
Tres en Camino is also known in English as Within the Way Without and was written and directed by Lawrence Boulting. I got a copy from the CSJ but they appear to have sold out.

Before you buy this DVD or Blue Ray edition of Saint Jacques ... La Mecque, make sure that it is what you want:
  • Dubbed: ‎ French
  • Language: ‎ French
For some reason, DVDs produced in France often don't have subtitles or audio in other languages than French - at least mine doesn't. Saint Jacques ... La Mecque is a favourite of mine. For several years already, it has been very difficult to buy this movie on DVD or rent it on a streaming service. This is why I don't shy away from saying that a copy is currently on YouTube. In spoken French, with Spanish subtitles and bad visual quality but still good enough to make you smile and giggle and think "oh yes, exactly".
Hi Katharina
looked and looked on u tube
only trailers available
grrrr…
I think I might be able to get the disc on amazon
Then get the old DVD player down from the attic!!
please feel free to send the u tube full version if you can
Someday
Someday
it might be on of the tv stations but it had ether hurry up…I’ve only got so long now!!

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
Someday it might be on of the tv stations but it had ether hurry up…I’ve only got so long now!!
I had another good look for Saint-Jacques ... La Mecque. It is such a delightful movie imo. There are DVDs available in French only, or in French with subtitles in English or in German or in Spanish. You can tell from the description which version it is and you see it also on the DVD cover because the title of the movie is also translated: Start Walking; Pilgern auf Französisch; or Peregrinos.

There are copies on YouTube but currently none with English subtitles. There is one apparently legit streaming service on YouTube called Sooner which is labelled as "European Streaming Network" but you may not be able to access it if your internet provider is not in one of the EU countries where they are established. You can find copies on YouTube as follows: Type "Saint Jacques" "La Mecque" into the search field and filter the search results by using the menu options under Tools -> Any duration -> Long (20+ min.).

It is a pity that this movie is so difficult to get hold of.

It is such a delightful movie imo
I agree. 🥰 Good to have you on the case. I asked my husband if he could remember the site he downloaded it from (French with English sub titles). It was many years ago - even before we met - and he doesn’t remember other than that it was not exactly legal! 🥺

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
I had another good look for Saint-Jacques ... La Mecque. It is such a delightful movie imo. There are DVDs available in French only, or in French with subtitles in English or in German or in Spanish. You can tell from the description which version it is and you see it also on the DVD cover because the title of the movie is also translated: Start Walking; Pilgern auf Französisch; or Peregrinos.

There are copies on YouTube but currently none with English subtitles. There is one apparently legit streaming service on YouTube called Sooner which is labelled as "European Streaming Network" but you may not be able to access it if your internet provider is not in one of the EU countries where they are established. You can find copies on YouTube as follows: Type "Saint Jacques" "La Mecque" into the search field and filter the search results by using the menu options under Tools -> Any duration -> Long (20+ min.).

It is a pity that this movie is so difficult to get hold of.
I agree. 🥰 Good to have you on the case. I asked my husband if he could remember the site he downloaded it from (French with English sub titles). It was many years ago - even before we met - and he doesn’t remember other than that it was not exactly legal! 🥺
Katharine and anamcara
Thank you both so much
i guess it’s back to the drawing board for me
Legit …or not!

I loved the movie "I'll Push You" when it was shown at a local theater when it first came out. It was such an amazing, touching story of a very special, bonding friendship. It had a limited engagement in my city and I was saddened to see that the theater did not have a good turnout of patrons.

The Way is available on Amazon Prime (UK) for free. I think a few months ago, when I watched it, it was free with ads, but recently I checked again and it was completely free (without having to endure the ads).

Where can I get Tres Caminos?

The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.
I don't think this documentary has been mentioned yet...I'll Push You: A Camino Journey of 500 Miles, Two Friends, and One Wheelchair. I have seen it available recently in the US on Amazon Prime.
Just watched I'll Push You two days ago and loved it! I work in the disability rights movement, so I can be a bit weary when I see a movie that deals with disability, since they so often fall into either the "inspiration porn" category, where the disabled person is somehow supposed to inspire others just by getting up in the morning, or the "poor thing" category, where everything is bleak and sad. This movie was not like that at all - it shows Justin (the wheelchair user) in a totally dignified and fun way, and it shows how the friends benefit from each other.

SPOILER ALERT - don't read if you haven't seen it:

I just cried SO HARD when they are doubting whether they will be able to go up O Cebreiro, and they come into town and a whole team is waiting for them to go up with them. It was so powerful to me that Pat, the friend, was finally able to accept help. Justin had had to accept this a long time ago, but Pat was struggling to let others help - but this taught him that he had to, that we all have to. His legs were hurting so bad he could hardly walk right before, but with the help of others he was able to do it. Loved it!

Just watched I'll Push You two days ago and loved it! I work in the disability rights movement, so I can be a bit weary when I see a movie that deals with disability, since they so often fall into either the "inspiration porn" category, where the disabled person is somehow supposed to inspire others just by getting up in the morning, or the "poor thing" category, where everything is bleak and sad. This movie was not like that at all - it shows Justin (the wheelchair user) in a totally dignified and fun way, and it shows how the friends benefit from each other.

SPOILER ALERT - don't read if you haven't seen it:

I just cried SO HARD when they are doubting whether they will be able to go up O Cebreiro, and they come into town and a whole team is waiting for them to go up with them. It was so powerful to me that Pat, the friend, was finally able to accept help. Justin had had to accept this a long time ago, but Pat was struggling to let others help - but this taught him that he had to, that we all have to. His legs were hurting so bad he could hardly walk right before, but with the help of others he was able to do it. Loved it!
The book is also good. More details

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-

Just watched the first episode of 3 Caminos and really enjoyed it. Thanks for the tip! Up to now, The Way was the only Camino-inspired film/show I've seen and I've always thought the Camino lends itself better to a TV show than a film. Ok, on to episode 2 😉

Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-
I try to watch 3 Caminos on Amazon Prime and it says it's unavailable. I'm getting frustrated with this

New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!
Ultreia
Does anyone have an idea where the French lyrics to this song can be found/printed?

The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.
Ultreia!

Ultreia!
Hi I loved this DVD. ‘The way without within’ but sadly it was destroyed by my dvd player. Any suggestions where I can get another. Julie

Most read last week in this forum

Can anyone highly recommend an intro, fast track Spanish course, anywhere in Spain? I took Spanish lessons years ago, but was waylaid by learning Dutch, and couldn't cope with both...
Mark Taubert in FranceInfo, 24 Mars, 2024 , describes a new GR hike which has been planned for the past 10 years along the Seine passing the locations where famous 19th c Impressionist...
Moderator, please place this in the appropriate thread. Thank you. Well, it's about time.😊👍...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.