• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Camino Mozárabe from 2nd Nov

futurefjp

Camino enthusiast.
Time of past OR future Camino
Got a cheap flight to Málaga on the 1st and have a couple of weeks to head north. Wondering if I'm picking a bad time - will I see other pilgrims or will I be alone ...

Wondering if I can reach Mérida in this time?

Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-
Short days, most likely will not bump into any pilgrims. I do not think 2 weeks is enough time to make it to Merida, sorry!

Hi futurefjp, it will take about 18 days of walking to get to Mérida.
When Maggie and I walked in April we only saw a handful of pilgrims on the route, in November probably zero.
Regards
George

3rd Edition. More content, training & pack guides avoid common mistakes, bed bugs etc
I walked from Málaga spring 2015. Saw only three pilgrims on the way to Merida. I reached Merida on day 18 and walked some long stages. Could possibly have shaved a day or two. There is a lot of elevation during the first few days. You are welcome to check out my blog for info and stages.

I am in Leeds today visiting my daughter. We walked the CF together in 2013.
Buen camino!

If you decide it’s too lonely and that you really want to make it to Merida, hop on the bus from Malaga and Sevilla amd voila! City bus from airport to Malaga bus depot and then a two hour or so bus ride. Easy peasy.

In two weeks you can get to Galisteo or Carcaboso. From there take a taxi to Plasencia (if you can, take some time to visit the muralla, I wish I had) where you can take the bus back to Sevilla and Malaga and realise all you have walked. We really are a special kind of crazy with all our walking. ;0)

Ok, now I have pilgrim envy. Have a wonderful time.

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
In April, this year I went from Malaga to Salamanca. It took me 13 days to come to Merida. I know I'm not a normal pilgrim. I like long distances and maybe I'm a bit restless also. I just want to go ahead. I really loved this camino, and I found out, walking alone in a beautiful landscape, sometimes very desolate and not so many people, is my way of walking. Mind blowing. This is more the camino spirit, I think. Could never do the CF again. I met 7 other pilgrims on my way to Merida. One, I stayed together with twice and a couple, also twice. The rest I met shortly on the Way. I know we are not alike, but if you might like a challenge, go for it, see how far you can get, otherwise take the bus. You look fit. I am a 50 years old"normal" woman. If I can, you can too.

Good luck and buen Camino, what ever you do, I am so envious. B

1.Malaga - Almogia. 23 km.

2.Almogia - Antequera. 34 km

3.Antequera - Cuevas Bajas. 35km

4.Cuevas Bajas-Cabra. 39km

5.Cabra - Castro del Rio. 46km

6.Castro del Rio - Cordoba. 40km

7.Cordoba - Villaharta. 40km

8.Villaharta - Alvarecejos. 39km

9.Alvarecejos - Hinojosa del Duque. 25km

10.Hinojose del Duque - Monterrubio. 33km

11.Monterrobio - Camapanario. 39 km

12.Campanario - Medellin. 36km

13.Medellin - Merida. 45km

Thanks everyone. I had to find a flight back. So I've a couple of weeks only. As far as I get is all I can do?

In April, this year I went from Malaga to Salamanca. It took me 13 days to come to Merida. I know I'm not a normal pilgrim. I like long distances and maybe I'm a bit restless also. I just want to go ahead. I really loved this camino, and I found out, walking alone in a beautiful landscape, sometimes very desolate and not so many people, is my way of walking. Mind blowing. This is more the camino spirit, I think. Could never do the CF again. I met 7 other pilgrims on my way to Merida. One, I stayed together with twice and a couple, also twice. The rest I met shortly on the Way. I know we are not alike, but if you might like a challenge, go for it, see how far you can get, otherwise take the bus. You look fit. I am a 50 years old"normal" woman. If I can, you can too.

Do you have a list of Albergues/Hostals etc?

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
I actually think that the first day was the toughest. You have walked quickly. Have seen you on Instagram. Enjoy it , I'm so envious. Buen Camino. B

I actually think that the first day was the toughest. You have walked quickly. Have seen you on Instagram. Enjoy it , I'm so envious. Buen Camino. B
Beginning to get lonely. Only three days on the route. I can walk forever. But I'm feeling disconnected. The last couple of Albergues have felt so basic ... No sitting area or cooking facilities. And Villanueva de la Concepción was so noisy ... I hardly slept. It made today tough for all the beauty. Almost stayed in a Hotel... But my budget won't hold out if I take that option. Day four tomorrow.

It rained very heavily on Saturday morning and then on the path later it was so muddy - I was carrying two kilos on each foot slogging up to Villanueva de la Concepción. I don't normally stop but I just had to eat a tin of Littoral Lentils...

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
In France I've often had to resort to staying with Priests in areas where there are no auberge etc, but I've never asked a priest in Spain if I can stay with him? I found it less lonely being able to speak to anyone at the end of the walk ... Is it proper, when there are Albergue Municipal available to ask a Priest?

Did 35kms today. Last leg from Villanueva was all up then all down. Is 39kms a bit much for tomorrow? My plan is Lucena 26.5kms ... Doesn't sound far enough really.

Different sort of day today. Walking was excellent. And Lunch in Villanueva de Algaidas was excellent. Funny reception in Cuevas Bajas ... Where do I get a credencial ...

New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!

Day seven I'm in Castro del Río.

I had a day off yesterday (Saturday), but carried on today and think I may reach Alcaracejos on Tuesday. I intend to set off back to Málaga Wednesday morning. Córdoba is just too grand to miss out. And there are buses regularly from there to Málaga.

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back