• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Camino Mozárabe - Granada

laineylainey

Veteran Member
Time of past OR future Camino
started in 2012, hooked ever since.
Wondering if anyone knows that latest you can turn up at the Convento Comendadores in Granada for a bed? I don't get into Granada (my first night on the Mozárabe) until 9.30pm and just wondering if that would be too late to knock on their door? I can't find any information online?

Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-
Wondering if anyone knows that latest you can turn up at the Convento Comendadores in Granada for a bed? I don't get into Granada (my first night on the Mozárabe) until 9.30pm and just wondering if that would be too late to knock on their door? I can't find any information online?
They have a curfew of 10pm at the latest (you have to be buzzed in through an intercom) so I would think arriving in Granada at 9.30pm would probably be later than they like. But call them up on +34 958225252 and ask - they are lovely people and I'm sure would understand as long as they knew in advance.

St James' Way - Self-guided 4-7 day Walking Packages, Reading to Southampton, 110 kms

Glad that Alan was able to help. But the more important part of this post is the fact that you are heading out again?! Some people have all the luck!

I will be starting in Almeria with a bunch of forum friends next April. We have Kevin O'Brien's great guide for Almeria to Granada, and Alan's excellent comments from his Mozrabe, and Lainey anything you can add will be most appreciated!

I am assuming you have seen the excellent association guide. They update it MONTHLY, if you can believe that. Rather than link to October's version, I'll just put in the website so others can go there and find the most recent version. (link to the guide is on the top right).

http://www.almeriajacobea.es.

Buen camino, when are you going and how long will you be walking? Laurie

Laurie I have found the Mozárabe Association to be really amazing and I will be keeping up to date with them before I go which isnt until beginning Dec (8 weeks and counting!) Mercedes has already suggested the Albergues which tie in with Kevin's great guide. Unfortunately it is a very short walk only 7 days to Granada as a birthday present to myself! And to see the Alhambra. If it will be of interest I will of course post my short route with regards walk, weather and accommodation!
Elaine

laineylainey,

How wonderful to be walking to the Alhambra!

Although I have never walked that route 2004 after my first camino my husband and I celebrated Christmas visiting the Alhambra. What memories!! Visitors should be aware that it is generally necessary to have a reserved ticket for admission. See more info at this link.

Once seen you will remember forever the magic of those special spaces. Read more here http://www.alhambra-patronato.es/index.php/Home/1472+M5d637b1e38d/0/

Happy planning and Buen camino!

Last edited:
The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.
Thank you and yes I have a note to book my visit to the Alhambra even tbough I am hoping it might be a little less busy, still I have one day only to see it and it's on my Birthday treat list!
Thank you for the great link.

Thank you and yes I have a note to book my visit to the Alhambra even tbough I am hoping it might be a little less busy, still I have one day only to see it and it's on my Birthday treat list!
Thank you for the great link.
In 2016 when I was there, we got up early in the morning to line up for "rush" tickets at the site. We got the information from the tourist/ticket office in the main part of the city, as the reserved tickets had been sold.

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
What are "rush"tickets ??
I'm not sure of the term, but what I meant is this... A certain number of tickets were saved for people who showed up at the entrance early in the morning. At the information office they told us we would probably get in, if we arrived by a certain time, and we did. So, I'd recommend that you book in advance if you can, but if not, ask at the tourist information office the day before, if this is still possible.

A selection of Camino Jewellery
Yes I have and it took a bit of time and a lot of patience!
I have treated myself to a guided tour as I will probably be by myself and I can be educated and hopefully part of a group as well! But let's just say it makes Renfe look easy as far as online booking is concerned!

Most read last week in this forum

Hello fellow pilgrims. I will start walking the Camino Mozárabe from Almería on 5th April 2024 and just wonder whether there is anybody else there around that date with the same objective?

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back