• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Camino Mozarabe 14/4/17

Camino Addict

Time of past OR future Camino
Portugues (2013), Caminho Costa (2013), Frances (2014, 18) Mozarabe (2017), Portugues (2019)
Hello Fellow Pilgrims,

My girlfriend and I (possibly another friend) are planning to walk the Camino Mozarabe starting in Almeria. Between us three, we speak multiple languages, are great cooks, and great walking company. You're welcome to walk with us if you're planning to walk this route or at the very least, you're welcome to let us know you're walking this route, so we can keep an eye for you out for you ("Safety in Numbers" type of mentality).

Buen Camino!

Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-
Hello Fellow Pilgrims,

My girlfriend and I (possibly another friend) are planning to walk the Camino Mozarabe starting in Almeria. Between us three, we speak multiple languages, are great cooks, and great walking company. You're welcome to walk with us if you're planning to walk this route or at the very least, you're welcome to let us know you're walking this route, so we can keep an eye for you out for you ("Safety in Numbers" type of mentality).

Buen Camino!
You might like to check out this little video we made of the Mozarabe. Difficult but satisfying Camino. Not a lot of other peregrinos though. We did it late May June and saw no one else. Definitely the road less travelled.

I wanted to walk from Almería this year but am unable to get to Spain till mid May -- so, next year, hoping to start in Almería at about the same time you plan to start.

I would very much enjoy reading about your camino experience -- either while on the camino (we have a "Live from the Camino" tag you can add to a post if you are one of those who enjoys posting while on the road), or once you are back.

Buen camino, from one addict to another! Laurie

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
You might like to check out this little video we made of the Mozarabe. Difficult but satisfying Camino. Not a lot of other peregrinos though. We did it late May June and saw no one else. Definitely the road less travelled.

Thanks for sharing the video! I was wondering if the Mozarabe went through the "desert" part of Spain. I expect it to be a lonely trek and that was part of the reason I wanted to post my Camino plans. It must've been really hot when you walked. How was the water sources and did you use any guidebooks?

I wanted to walk from Almería this year but am unable to get to Spain till mid May -- so, next year, hoping to start in Almería at about the same time you plan to start.

I would very much enjoy reading about your camino experience -- either while on the camino (we have a "Live from the Camino" tag you can add to a post if you are one of those who enjoys posting while on the road), or once you are back.

Buen camino, from one addict to another! Laurie

Thank you for the encouragement and I hope you get to go next year. I look forward to posting my adventure, but keep your fingers crossed for me as my last two Caminos (the ones I have not posted) were busts :p

Thanks for sharing the video! I was wondering if the Mozarabe went through the "desert" part of Spain. I expect it to be a lonely trek and that was part of the reason I wanted to post my Camino plans. It must've been really hot when you walked. How was the water sources and did you use any guidebooks?

We used a combination of Kevin O'Briens pages available on this site under resources I think. We also bought the Camino Mozarabe guide published by the friends of the Mozarabe. From memory I think we bought a copy at the Pilgrim office in Almeria. Good little booklet with lots of info but in Spanish- there is an electronic copy if you search - I will have a look. No desert as such but very hilly and at times fairly barren. For a fair bit you follow the river bed ( but no water in the bed). Lots of farms and citrus trees in the river valley so I presume underground sources. Water not a problem except the one stretch I mentioned but still not sure on that day that we might have missed a turn and therefore a stop.

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
@Dougyharry good to see I'm not the only Aarn fan on the website. The pack I'm seeing - was it the Natural Exhilaration? Looked a good size.

@Dougyharry good to see I'm not the only Aarn fan on the website. The pack I'm seeing - was it the Natural Exhilaration? Looked a good size.
Yes Sue has the Natural Exhiliration and I have the Liquid Agility. Sue was using a Deuter before that for previous caminos but agrees with me that the AARN packs are so much better. I just wish there were other colours because we look at bit like Tweedledum and Tweedledee especially when we start wearing the same make and colour of clothes - so something we have to watch out for

Thank you for the encouragement and I hope you get to go next year. I look forward to posting my adventure, but keep your fingers crossed for me as my last two Caminos (the ones I have not posted) were busts :p
Busts in what ways ,injuries or just did not happen?

Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-
We used a combination of Kevin O'Briens pages available on this site under resources I think. We also bought the Camino Mozarabe guide published by the friends of the Mozarabe. From memory I think we bought a copy at the Pilgrim office in Almeria. Good little booklet with lots of info but in Spanish- there is an electronic copy if you search - I will have a look. No desert as such but very hilly and at times fairly barren. For a fair bit you follow the river bed ( but no water in the bed). Lots of farms and citrus trees in the river valley so I presume underground sources. Water not a problem except the one stretch I mentioned but still not sure on that day that we might have missed a turn and therefore a stop.

Thanks again for the input. Please let me know if you have any additional that can be useful.

Most read last week in this forum

Hello fellow pilgrims. I will start walking the Camino Mozárabe from Almería on 5th April 2024 and just wonder whether there is anybody else there around that date with the same objective?

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back