• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Camino Mozarabe bicigrino

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
By the lack of replies to your question I guess that not many people have cycled The Mozarabe from Almeria.

I am considering starting from Almeria in March ‘24 and have also found information scarce at best. Back to Google then I guess.

Last November I had a fall in the mountains on a Sunday before Quentar. That’s the stage before Granada.

Luckily for me a group of cyclists from Granada were on a Sunday run and found me and assisted me to get help (my shoulder has dislocated. ).

What I’m trying to say is : Go cyclists angels !!!
Maybe make contact with cycle groups in Granada for tips ?

Buen camino.
Annie. Xx

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
I’d like to get to Finistere. It’ll be the first time on a bike Camino after a few on foot. My partner prefers bicycles to walking boots.

I’ll take a look at the link, thank you.

By the lack of replies to your question I guess that not many people have cycled The Mozarabe from Almeria.

I am considering starting from Almeria in March ‘24 and have also found information scarce at best. Back to Google then I guess.
There is heaps of info on the Mozarabe..
check out the threads on this forum.
I’d add something myself but I’m at sydney airport at the moment (heading for spain ). Not ready yet - to get back to where I stopped last November though.

Join our full-service guided tour and let us convert you into a Pampered Pilgrim!
For @OnHellas and the OP (@Linda bicigrina) the main source of information would be Gronze.

In terms of routes, would strongly suggest you take Regional (N routes) wherever you can rather than the off-road/walking route if you want to save your rear. The off-road sections, though pleasant, will wear you and your bike down. In addition, Spanish drivers are some of the most considerate I have come across and there is a wide edge to most roads that you see the local cyclists use.

To give you an idea of the route, here is Monday rush hour at A Guidina in Galicia. Compare this with an off-road section near the start at Seville.

Attachments

• A Guidina08.JPG
    A Guidina08.JPG
    2.6 MB · Views: 5
  • IMG_2946.JPG
    IMG_2946.JPG
    3.9 MB · Views: 5
I’ve used various guides and apps for my previous walks but Gronze isn’t one of them. I’ll check that out and see if there is bike specific recommendations for route etc.

Using Peregrino Online earlier this year on the VdLP there were options for me walking and the other half cycling but they don’t seem to have an app for the Mozarabe.

I will be cycling the road route of the camino Mozarabe from Almeria in October and would be grateful for any information on route finding and hostals.

One option for route finding might be to search on Wikiloc, a gpx website heavily used by Spanish cyclists. Use the filter (upper left, the tab that says "Activities") to narrow down the results for the sort of bike you are using (road bike, mountain bike etc.). You will get a list of gpx tracks made by other cyclists who have done this route. Here is a link to the results I got from my search:
Here are two specific tracks for cycling from Almeria to Cordoba. There are many others on the Wikiloc site.
Here's another one from Granada to Santiago.

If you'd like an introduction to using Wikiloc, just send me a message. I'd be glad to help!

Last edited:
Ideal pocket guides for during & after your Camino. Each weighs only 1.4 oz (40g)!
Thank you so much. Again, I’ve heard of Wikiloc but never used it.
I think you’ve given me the answer and plenty to research.

Thanks again.

Thank you so much. Again, I’ve heard of Wikiloc but never used it.
I think you’ve given me the answer and plenty to research.
You are so welcome! There is a treasure trove of information on the Wikiloc site. I've sent you a PM with a pdf that will help you get started using it. Let me know if you have any trouble opening it or have questions.

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back