• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Camino Mozarabe From Almeria in Oct

Freewalker

Time of past OR future Camino
Many and lots more to come.
Will anyone be starting the Mozarabe from Almeria on Oct 3rd by any chance ? I hear it is quite a solitary Camino. I relish walking alone but would prefer to begin in Almeria with a fellow pilgrim if at all possible

St James' Way - Self-guided 4-7 day Walking Packages, Reading to Southampton, 110 kms
Will anyone be starting the Mozarabe from Almeria on Oct 3rd by any chance ? I hear it is quite a solitary Camino. I relish walking alone but would prefer to begin in Almeria with a fellow pilgrim if at all possible

Hi, Freewalker,
I am hoping that you find some company, but I think the chances are pretty slim. I feel like I've won the lottery because it looks like four of us from the forum will be setting out together from Almería next April.

Do you have a GPS? That may be your most valuable companion!

Looking forward to hearing how it goes for you, buen camino, Laurie

Hi, Freewalker,
I am hoping that you find some company, but I think the chances are pretty slim. I feel like I've won the lottery because it looks like four of us from the forum will be setting out together from Almería next April.

Thank you Laurie for your sweet message :) To be honest I have been deliberating whether to continue from Salamanca where I left off in April or to begin further south in Almeria.
What are your dates in April ? Who knows maybe I'll join your group at the start ?
I meant to post this in the Mozarabe section ....
Cheers
Mary

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
I walked it last October and there were people ahead of me and people behind me. The route is gathering popularity almost exponentially (can't remember the exact figures the association person gave me,but it was roughly 200 in 2015, 500 in 2016 and expecting 1000 for this year), so I think you're very likely to find companions, especially as you're starting a bit earlier than I did.

It's a great route if you do do it, but then so is Salamanca onto the Sanabrés.

I walked it last October and there were people ahead of me and people behind me. The route is gathering popularity almost exponentially (can't remember the exact figures the association person gave me,but it was roughly 200 in 2015, 500 in 2016 and expecting 1000 for this year), so I think you're very likely to find companions, especially as you're starting a bit earlier than I did.

It's a great route if you do do it, but then so is Salamanca onto the Sanabrés.
Many thanks alanskyes ! Your account sounds much more optimistic. May I ask which albergue list did you use ?
Cheers Mary

Thank you Laurie for your sweet message :) To be honest I have been deliberating whether to continue from Salamanca where I left off in April or to begin further south in Almeria.
What are your dates in April ? Who knows maybe I'll join your group at the start ?
I meant to post this in the Mozarabe section ....
Cheers
Mary

We are all shooting for starting to walk from Almería on Saturday, April 14. HEY!!!! That's only 7 months from today! :p

St James' Way - Self-guided 4-7 day Walking Packages, Reading to Southampton, 110 kms
Many thanks alanskyes ! Your account sounds much more optimistic. May I ask which albergue list did you use ?
Cheers Mary
The Almería Jacobeo association has a good website and accommodation list. They're really helpful and kind people, and the route marking is outstanding. I see there's a new albergue in Ocaña on day 3, which would shorten a quite strenuous day between Alboloduy and Abla (almost 20 miles and 4000' of ascent).

http://www.almeriajacobea.es/p/vivencias-del-camino.html

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B6y5pMfqcK4RWFhDOTUzU3VJUUU/view

Oh my goodness I have now discovered that I can also walk the Caminho Torres from Salamanca !! Yet another possibility !!

The Almería Jacobeo association has a good website and accommodation list. They're really helpful and kind people, and the route marking is outstanding. I see there's a new albergue in Ocaña on day 3, which would shorten a quite strenuous day between Alboloduy and Abla (almost 20 miles and 4000' of ascent).

http://www.almeriajacobea.es/p/vivencias-del-camino.html

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B6y5pMfqcK4RWFhDOTUzU3VJUUU/view
That is wonderful Alan ! Much appreciated.

Join our full-service guided tour and let us convert you into a Pampered Pilgrim!
Freewalker, would love to hear how your walk went if you did walk the Mozárabe or are still walking? I am doing only a short stretch of the legs in December to Granada.

Freewalker, would love to hear how your walk went if you did walk the Mozárabe or are still walking? I am doing only a short stretch of the legs in December to Granada.
Hi lainey - I didn't walk it at all.... I ended up resuming the VdlP from Salamanca to Santiago. Maybe next year. The heat was a killer even in October so December will be nice and cool for you. Would love to hear how you get on.....

What a coincidence I am planning walking part of the Vdlp next September from Merida to Zamora.
I am only doing walking from Nacimiento to Granada from the 4th dec. I will gladly post a couple of words on the forum!

Join our full-service guided tour and let us convert you into a Pampered Pilgrim!
What a coincidence I am planning walking part of the Vdlp next September from Merida to Zamora.
I am only doing walking from Nacimiento to Granada from the 4th dec. I will gladly post a couple of words on the forum!
Sorry maybe I was unclear as finished part II of the VdlP from Salamanca to Santiago last week. I might walk from Almeria to Merida in the early spring. I loved loved Zamora it's a little Salamanca which is also gorgeous.

Freewalker, I am sorry to ask this on a thread on the Mozárabe but could you mail me with places where you spent extra time on the VDLP or would recommend spending an extra day?

Freewalker, I am sorry to ask this on a thread on the Mozárabe but could you mail me with places where you spent extra time on the VDLP or would recommend spending an extra day?
My pleasure. I spent, 3 days in Seville, 2 days in Merida, 2 in Salamanca and would like to have spent 2 in Zamora. Research and read up on all the cities, towns and villages as other things may appeal to you !

Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-
Hi, Freewalker,

We are all shooting for starting to walk from Almería on Saturday, April 14. HEY!!!! That's only 7 months from today! :p
Hi Laurie -thanks for your kind wishes.... I ended up returning to Salamanca and finishing the VdlP last October ! I have just booked my flght into Malaga on April 12th to walk the Mozarabe and was hoping to hook up with your small group for a few days or more... Would be great to meet in Almeria on 12-13th ? Where will you be staying ? PM me if that's better :) Look forward to hearing back :) Cheers Mary

A selection of Camino Jewellery
Hi,
I am arriving in Almeria on Oct. 6th with the intention of starting the Mozarabe on Oct.7th, planning on walking as far as Merida. May see you on the way.
Regards, John.

Hi,
I am arriving in Almeria on Oct. 6th with the intention of starting the Mozarabe on Oct.7th, planning on walking as far as Merida. May see you on the way.
Regards, John.
Hi John,

@Freewalker was part of a loose group of 13 or 14 forum members who started in Almeria in April of this year (2018). Her first post in this thread was written in Sept. 2017, when she was contemplating an Oct. walk. There are lots of threads and reports about the Mozárabe in this sub-forum and members who will be happy to help if you have questions. The local association is GREAT and I would highly recommend that you contact them.

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back