• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

LIVE from the Camino Camino Mozarabe from Malaga now

A selection of Camino Jewellery
I am on Camino Mozarabe from Malaga just now. Weather and temperature just perfect. Better marked than 2 1/2 year ago. Near to perfect. El Torcal: a wonder!

Are you aiming for Mérida? How many stages have you planned for (if you have planned…)

I have some time around Christmas to walk from Málaga but I'm afraid it would take me too long to reach Mérida.

/BP

Buen Camino to you!
Are you meeting other people walking the Camino?

The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.
Are you aiming for Mérida? How many stages have you planned for (if you have planned…)

I have some time around Christmas to walk from Málaga but I'm afraid it would take me too long to reach Mérida.

/BP
I have eleven days this time, so I will end up fare from Merida. And since my husband and I are now near to 70, the long distances are not for us any more.

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!
Sounds like a great plan. I’m walking on Moz from Almeria. A few days from Córdoba at present and experiencing the same perfect walking weather.
Shoutout to the pilgrim Assn of Almeria. Amazing folk, great Albergues to Granada and super marking. @bjorgts i doubt we’ll cross paths. Buen Camino.
Nice! Walked from Almeria two years ago. One of our best Caminos. And yes, the Amigos there are the best! Hope for good weather for all of us out walking. My be the rain will reach us in some days, but now it is really perfect.

Will reach Cordoba tomorrow. Nice weather all the way. High temperature in late October/early November. Some rain today, but near to nothing. The route is very well marked now. No problems finding our way. Met two other pilgrims yesterday, coming from Granada. Nobody else.

St James' Way - Self-guided 4-7 day Walking Packages, Reading to Southampton, 110 kms
I am on Camino Mozarabe from Malaga just now. Weather and temperature just perfect. Better marked than 2 1/2 year ago. Near to perfect. El Torcal: a wonder!
I am slowly looking for informations, as I will walk the Mozarabe next fall, either from Almeria or Malaga. Were you able to find any Guide, either in english, or french? Thank you and congratulations for your caminos.

I am slowly looking for informations, as I will walk the Mozarabe next fall, either from Almeria or Malaga. Were you able to find any Guide, either in english, or french? Thank you and congratulations for your caminos.
As far as I know, there are no printed guides to the routes from Almeria or Malaga. The route from Almeria has a good online guide. You can find everything you need here (also in English): www.almeriajacobea.es
For the route from Malaga you can find some info about this here on the forum: https://www.caminodesantiago.me/community/threads/new-guide-camino-mozarabe-from-malaga.51912/
The online guide is in Spanish, the explanations of the road are not very detailed, but here you will find good maps. We have walked this route once before. This time I did not use a guide; GPS track only.

The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
As far as I know, there are no printed guides to the routes from Almeria or Malaga. The route from Almeria has a good online guide. You can find everything you need here (also in English): www.almeriajacobea.es
For the route from Malaga you can find some info about this here on the forum: https://www.caminodesantiago.me/community/threads/new-guide-camino-mozarabe-from-malaga.51912/
The online guide is in Spanish, the explanations of the road are not very detailed, but here you will find good maps. We have walked this route once before. This time I did not use a guide; GPS track only.
Thank you for your prompt answer, it’s much appreciated. Eventually, I’m sure there will be some guides, in english, but for the time being, it is what it is and I’ll make my way with what’s available. Thanks again.🙏

Walked only a short part of this wonderful Camino a couple of Decembers ago. Finished at Granada. I met only one peregrino. It was for me both challenging and spectacular in equal measures and Granada was fabulous. The association is amazing and all the hospitaleros comunicate by WhatsApp to say when a pelegrino/a is on the road. It is a fantastic network!
Enjoy and Buen Camino to all who walk this Camino.

Ghislaine - There is an Association (Amis du Camino Mozarabe Via de la Plate) which has a Facebook group with information and guidance, mostly in French and Spanish. We welcome members from all countries and backgrounds:

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
Thank you for the information. It’s really appreciated.🙏

Yes and I thank your for that. As I was searching for informations, I came throught those links. I just thought there might have been something else. There is also Raggy who provided me a facebook group. They seem to all have started there Camino from Almeria. Still, thank you again, it will end up being useful.👍🏻

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
I am following you later in the year and have a question for you about accommodation along the way, I have read that Albergue type accommodation is rare on the early part of this Camino. I should mention that I am rushing through a "teach yourself Spanish" course. I have seen some accommodation on the Gronze site, but not much. Could you point me in the right direction? Do Albergues appear on the Plata sections.
Hope you got back by now!
Regards, David

I am following you later in the year and have a question for you about accommodation along the way, I have read that Albergue type accommodation is rare on the early part of this Camino. I should mention that I am rushing through a "teach yourself Spanish" course. I have seen some accommodation on the Gronze site, but not much. Could you point me in the right direction? Do Albergues appear on the Plata sections.
Hope you got back by now!
Regards, David
Take a look at the links posted up-thread by Bradypus, (Post 20 of this thread). One of those links should take you to the guide to accommodations from 2018. I believe there are albergues for all the stages from Malaga to Baena. From Baena to Cordoba, there are some stages that lack albergues, but there are discounted rates at hotels in those towns.

You can also keep an eye on the Malaga association Facebook page and website for further updates

Also worth checking out the following thread that points to a highly informative guide for the Malaga route.

There is a good guide in English available for download which covers the Malaga branch of the Mozarabe as well as the Almeria and Jaen alternatives: http://www.caminomozarabedesantiago.es/documentos/guia-eng.pdf

I also found these links very useful when walking from Malaga to Merida last winter: https://caminosantiagoandalucia.org/atencion-al-peregrino-albergues-alojamientos-camino-mozarabe-de-malaga/
http://www.malaga.es/base/descargas/279682/descargar
http://caminomozarabe.es/wp-content/uploads/2018/10/RELACIÓN-ALOJAMIENTOS-PEREGRINOS-CORDOBA-MERIDA-a-12-octubre-2018.pdf
Thanks a lot for the info, I am starting tomorrow!!! I have seen a stunning leaflet in your links above, I have been looking for information about this stretch of Camino, but I never found this beautiful leaflet, very odd, I wonder why it does not pop up in google on the spot, it is the best one by miles!
I will try to keep you posted as of tomorrow.

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
Thanks a lot for the info, I am starting tomorrow!!! I have seen a stunning leaflet in your links above, I have been looking for information about this stretch of Camino, but I never found this beautiful leaflet, very odd, I wonder why it does not pop up in google on the spot, it is the best one by miles!
I will try to keep you posted as of tomorrow.
Buen camino, Amancio, I hope you enjoy every single minute. Time to declutter the mind!!!

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
I have just finished my photo-video from our walk in October/November. May be I will post some more information nearer to spring, but here is the video.
I have just finished my photo-video from our walk in October/November. May be I will post some more information nearer to spring, but here is the video.
Congratulations! What amazing videos you did! Soul and heart were put into those! I’ll be walking next September Almeria to Santiago. Looking at your fabulous videos only make the anticipation more exciting! Bravo for all your caminos.

Lovely video. It brought back many memories.

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
Congratulations! What amazing videos you did! Soul and heart were put into those! I’ll be walking next September Almeria to Santiago. Looking at your fabulous videos only make the anticipation more exciting! Bravo for all your caminos.
Thank you! :)

Lovely video. It brought back many memories.
Just joined your blog! Really well done, interesting, informative and without forgetting the beautiful pictures! Merci 🙏

Just joined your blog! Really well done, interesting, informative and without forgetting the beautiful pictures! Merci 🙏
I also made a video of my camino from Málaga (in 2015) - rather long perhaps, but it covers 52 days walking from the Mediterranean to the Atlantic at Finisterre...

A selection of Camino Jewellery
I also made a video of my camino from Málaga (in 2015) - rather long perhaps, but it covers 52 days walking from the Mediterranean to the Atlantic at Finisterre...
Thank you! It’s much appreciated. I will also watch that one with a great interest, same if next sept. I’ll walk the one starting in Almeria.😊

Thank you! It’s much appreciated. I will also watch that one with a great interest, same if next sept. I’ll walk the one starting in Almeria.😊
Just finish watching it! An almost morning meditation for me. It was fabulously done. Thank you again!🙏

Just finish watching it! An almost morning meditation for me. It was fabulously done. Thank you again!🙏

I’m so glad you liked it Ghislaine. I make the videos for my own enjoyment but it is very rewarding to know that they have been appreciated by others. If pressed, I would say that this camino was my favourite.

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
Happy to know that. As, I already mentioned, Mozarabe is my next one in September. I have to say that before walking the Portuguese from Lisbon, I walked the Fisherman trail, (which is not a part of any caminos, still) starting in Cabo São Vincente and that was spectacular, if you love cliffs and ocean. Many thanks again for sharing.

beautiful video, I just came back last night from Málaga-Baena, and the choice of images and music are great for reliving those fantastic moments!

Enjoyed your video a lot, thank you. We’re starting this one from Almería on the first of October this year... Looking fw to it a lot and gorge myself on photos and our slideshow from the VDLP from last year. Keeping the dream alive 😉. Keen to compare spring and autumn in Southern Spain.

Most read last week in this forum

We have now completed the Camino Mozarabe, walking from Almeria to Merida. Gerard and I documented our walk, in English and Dutch, in our Find Penguins blog, which you can access here...
Our suggestions for updates to the Mozerabe Guide 1.Ocaña: We had some trouble finding the albergue. Keep following the Camino route and look for the blue albergue marker beside the church. The...
The Almería Association has just published a book compiling the comments of female pilgrims from all over. The presentation of the book was last week in the Museo de las Peregrinaciones in...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back