• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Camino Mozarabe

johnjosiah1

ARRIVING CORDOBA 26 SEP AND HEADING FOR CAMPSITE FIRST THEN OFF TO MERIDA (SLOWLY!!) TO DO ANOTHER BIT OF VDLP. HAVE DONE FROM MALAGA OVER LAST FEW YEARS WITH VARIOUS MISHAPS AND INFIRMITIES GETTING IN THE WAY ( I AM 74) AND WILL BE CHEAPSKATING BIG TIME!! ANYBODY ELSE OUT THERE?? TRYING TO TAKE PICTURES AND WRITING POETRY SO MAY INFLICT THEM ON YOU! HEH! HEH! :lol:

ALL THE BEST

JOHN JOSIAH AKA SEAN!

The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
Hello Sean,

I hope to start walking from Granada on the 19th. I leave Australia tomorrow. Maybe I will see you after Cordoba, depending on how slowly I walk. It is great to know there is someone else on the trail.

Buen Camino.

Sandra

Buen Camino, Sean! I hope your infirmities won't get in the way of your poetry! Please share your poems here :)

Join our full-service guided tour and let us convert you into a Pampered Pilgrim!
hi to grilly and g/day to sandra!

as i learnt from bitter experience on the camino frances and the portugues route 15km a day is my comfort zone so most people DO pass me! at a push i have thumbed and got lifts from those with a sense of disbelief that an elderly pilgrim was bobbin along on his own in the heat in the proverbial back side of nowhere! a bit of cunning, eh? Likewise, if i think its too far between water and shelter i will catch a bus! The thing to remember is buses in rural areas are from monday to friday SCHOOL TERM TIME ! it can get tricksy. :) :)
Buen camino and i will try to master the art of uploading photies from camera to website! watch this space!

sean

74 is old??? When did that happen?
I just finished the Le Puy route earlier this year. I didn't feel any older than the others walking at the same time. Of course, many of those were in the 60's but many much younger people.

Age does not need to slow us down. It just means we have more time to walk and train at home.
I walk 16 to 32 kms a day about 4-5 times a week. It never gets easier...but if I stop I know it will get a whole lot harder.

Hi to Grayland!
I admire your tenacity and training approach but MINE SUITS ME!! In fact the older i get the more de4lighted i get with a slower pace as it means i can take ages to get to Santiago and i'm in no rush! I got a bit fed up years ago with youngsters in particular boasting about how far they had come and how fast! I often wondered if they were really long distance walkers as opposed to pilgrims as I heard very little of camino itself. Likewise with kit demons! I like myself and prefer walking alone. That is why i have avoided posting like the plague until now! Early dotage? I didnt really expect any interest in this site but am pleased there is! As it will take me years to get to Santiago this time, doing a bit now and then, perhaps we will meet and i will trade you a poem for a jar of home made maple syrup? :) I know out there that the purist snobs reckon if u do it my way you are really only a walking tourist but each of us does it the way that suits us best and the pilgrimage inside our own hearts is more important than the views of others.

Buen camino and keep on truckin!! :)

Join our full-service guided tour of the Basque Country and let us pamper you!

Most read last week in this forum

I have been reading 2 different reports (on FB and instagram) about (an) agressive dog(s) just after Oseira. I'll post them here: In the group of @geraldkelly on FB (4 days ago): Hello lovely Via...
After a smooth and uneventful flight from Chicago to Madrid on Iberia, the last three days we have been doing some sightseeing in Salamanca and Zamora, and our days have been sunny, a little cool...
Hi all! Once again I am heading back to Spain; this time to walk much of the Sanabres with my son; starting in Rionegro del Puente after a few sightseeing days first in Salamanca and Zamora...
After 13 days of walking I've finished my 337km walk on the Camino Sanabres, and my entire 1400km walk from Almería. Yay! If anyone's interested in a day-by-day report, you can find it on my...
One route looks a bit steeper, one a bit longer (not much). How else are they different? Recommendations?
I left them on the trail about 4-5 k before Cea I expect to be in Santiago on April 27-28. Mu email is written on the sides of the poles (for just this eventuality). If you find them and we can...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back