• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Camino Mozarabe

marilyn van graan

Time of past OR future Camino
Frances (2012) VDLP (2014) Portuguese (2015)
That should be an amazing journey/camino Mick. I wonder how long that will take you?
I am thinking, nothing definite yet, to do a 6 week camino from mid August to end September, can't decide whether I must do inland (la Plata) or coastal (Norte & Primitivo). I will be walking solo and that will be a challenge for me because, I cannot speak Spanish, 72 y female. I have walked the France in 2009 with a friend and since then the Camino keeps calling me back, "El Camino es una droga".
Once more, go well and a huge BUEN CAMINO!!!
You should be joining me on the Mozarabe from Malaga - I leave Cape Town on the 12 April and hope to walk about 1400km -Montagu is one if my favorite places in the Western Cape
Buen Camino for your next one

The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
You should be joining me on the Mozarabe from Malaga - I leave Cape Town on the 12 April and hope to walk about 1400km -Montagu is one if my favorite places in the Western Cape
Buen Camino for your next one
Hi Marilyn,
Thanks, that would have been just right for me, but unfortunately I can only leave here mid August, I am a house/dog minder and have bookings till then. Let me know how you find the Mozarabe and maybe I can do it in Aug/Sept. You are welcome to visit in Montagu any time. Buen Camino

That should be an amazing journey/camino Mick. I wonder how long that will take you?
I am thinking, nothing definite yet, to do a 6 week camino from mid August to end September, can't decide whether I must do inland (la Plata) or coastal (Norte & Primitivo). I will be walking solo and that will be a challenge for me because, I cannot speak Spanish, 72 y female. I have walked the France in 2009 with a friend and since then the Camino keeps calling me back, "El Camino es una droga".
Once more, go well and a huge BUEN CAMINO!!!
Hi formysons,
The La Plata in mid-August would be very hot. I did it in 2015 from Seville leaving there on October 14th and I found the first couple of weeks quite hot. The day's got up to 27* Celsius even then and there is very little shade on this Camino. However it is a great Camino, not crowded, accommodation in the albergues without having to book in advance and everyone very friendly and it's so cheap!
Buen camino

Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-
Hi Marilyn,
Thanks, that would have been just right for me, but unfortunately I can only leave here mid August, I am a house/dog minder and have bookings till then. Let me know how you find the Mozarabe and maybe I can do it in Aug/Sept. You are welcome to visit in Montagu any time. Buen Camino
Will certainly keep you posted and next time I am in Montagu will certainly catch up with you
Buen camino and in friendship

Hi formysons,
The La Plata in mid-August would be very hot. I did it in 2015 from Seville leaving there on October 14th and I found the first couple of weeks quite hot. The day's got up to 27* Celsius even then and there is very little shade on this Camino. However it is a great Camino, not crowded, accommodation in the albergues without having to book in advance and everyone very friendly and it's so cheap!
Buen camino
Thanks for the advice Lavdrum, the heat will not be a problem for me, coming from South Africa where we have had heat waves since November, but I tend to lean towards the Northern Routes as well, mind you on the coastal route, I suppose one can expect more rain and wind. I also now have to consider the rate of exchange for our currency, the Rand, which is very bad at the moment. Decisions, decisions, but oh the yearning to get into the camino rythm once more......

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back