• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Camino Norte from Biarritz Airport - Credential?

MikeJS

Veteran Member
Time of past OR future Camino
Olvidado/San Salvador/Primitivo 2019
I am starting my camino from Biarritz airport on 15 Sep. Can I get a credential from anywhere before Irun?

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-
Hi

Not sure from your post if you intend to start out from the airport, which you can do as the camino passes about 1 mile from the entrance. If you do then you can try these numbers, Biarritz tourist office 05 59 22 37 10 or Bidart torist office 05 59 54 93 85 they may not keep credencials but they may be able to point you in the right direction. The bidart office had a stamp with the scallop shell on it to indicate its links to St james so this might prove more useful.

There is also a gite pelerin about 10 km before Hendaye in Urrugne, it only opened in April, they may have a credencial, I stayed there and the welcome I received was one of my highlights. Their details are Bertrand 05 59 54 33 18 or 0631 68 81 17/ Jean Pierre 06 30 49 70 54. Jean Pierre speaks limited english so if you explain your situation they may be willing to help you.

Mike

Thank you for your responses. I and a friend are starting our walk from Biarritz airport and intend to get to Irun on the first day. Therefore we do not really want to delay our start by diverting to Bayonne. I know we can get a credencial in Irun but am hoping got get one earlier in case we need to stop somewhere before Irun. I have emailed the Biarritz and Bidart tourist information to ask them if they know anywhere else we can get a credencial from.

Got my credencial from here - http://peterbros-pilgrimcredentials.blogspot.co.uk . Just sent them an email as stated on the blog and receive the credentials for myself and my friend in the post about 5 days later. I sent a donation via the blog when they arrived. Seems like a really nice set up and the credencial is a bit more elaborate than the standard ones.

A selection of Camino Jewellery

Most read last week in this forum

Last May I walked the first part of the Norte in the opposite direction, from Santander to Irun. Since I only had two weeks and couldn't reach Santiago anyway, I wanted to swim against the tide...
Tomorrow I fly to Bilbao to start my 5th stint on the Camino. I did the Frances in three parts (2016, 2017 and 2022). Last year I did the Portuguese from Porto. I did the first 200 km of the...
I use Alltrails a lot here in the US, in Iceland, on the Via Podiensis and a bit on the CF. Will it be useful on the Norte? For example, people here say the "warm up" from Biarritz to Irun (or...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back