A donation to the forum removes ads for you, and supports Ivar in his work running it

Advertisement

Camino Norte/Primitivo ... best places to stop for two nights

2020 Camino Guides

KerryW

Camino(s) past & future
St Jean PDP to Santiago de Compostela 2016
Via Podiensis 2017
Norte/Primitivo May-July 2019
Hi all. We are walking the Norte/Primitivo from late May and are at the stage where we're planning which places are best to stop for two days. We have decided San Seb. for two, and possibly Oviedo as well. We'd love your ideas! Thanks!

trecile

Camino Addict
Camino(s) past & future
Francés (2016 & 2017), Norte (2018), Francés-Salvador-Norte (2019), Portuguese (2019)
Hi all. We are walking the Norte/Primitivo from late May and are at the stage where we're planning which places are best to stop for two days. We have decided San Seb. for two, and possibly Oviedo as well. We'd love your ideas! Thanks!
Personally, I'd have some places in mind, but wait until I see how I feel as I walk.

Roger0704

Let's walk the talk.....
Camino(s) past & future
I did CF April/May 2018...
Gonna Do Camino Norte April 2019
Well...
I am also thinking of Bilboa and Gijon....
But I will see how it comes, time enough and will decide on the moment...

Hurry Krishna

Indian on the Way
Camino(s) past & future
2009 (from Sarria), 2014 from St Jean Pied de Port, 2016 from Porto, 2018 from Le Puy to Santiago.
Bilbao is wonderful.

trecile

Camino Addict
Camino(s) past & future
Francés (2016 & 2017), Norte (2018), Francés-Salvador-Norte (2019), Portuguese (2019)
Well...
I am also thinking of Bilboa and Gijon....
But I will see how it comes, time enough and will decide on the moment...
I didn't spend have the chance to spend much time in Bilbao, but really enjoyed Gijon.

AJGuillaume

Pèlerin du monde
Camino(s) past & future
Via Gebennensis (2018)
Via Podiensis (2018)
Voie Nive Bidassoa (2018)
Camino Del Norte (2018)
We enjoyed two nights in Santander, Bilbao, Santillana del Mar and Oviedo.
For various reasons, we had planned all our stages, so in hindsight, I would add Castro Urdiales.
Buen Camino
Andrew

KerryW

Camino(s) past & future
Via Podiensis 2017
We enjoyed two nights in Santander, Bilbao, Santillana del Mar and Oviedo.
For various reasons, we had planned all our stages, so in hindsight, I would add Castro Urdiales.
Buen Camino
Andrew
Hi there, Andrew! Are you guys home for a catch up before we leave? We fly on May 21

AJGuillaume

Pèlerin du monde
Camino(s) past & future
Via Gebennensis (2018)
Via Podiensis (2018)
Camino Del Norte (2018)
Hi there, Andrew! Are you guys home for a catch up before we leave? We fly on May 21
Hello Kerry,
We'll be back in Melbourne on 16 March, so plenty of time to catch up!
Buen Camino
Andrew

Antonius Vaessen

Camino(s) past & future
2015-2016 VdlPlata - Sanabres
2016.Primitivo
2017 Salvador
2018 Norte (to Sobrado)
2019 Norte again
Another possibility to spend an extra day would be to take the alternative coastal route from Santander. It is a wonderful route but will take an extra day. For more details on this route and other alternative routes see the thread started by peregrina: coastal alternatives to the norte's asphalt

KerryW

Camino(s) past & future
Via Podiensis 2017
Another possibility to spend an extra day would be to take the alternative coastal route from Santander. It is a wonderful route but will take an extra day. For more details on this route and other alternative routes see the thread started by peregrina: coastal alternatives to the norte's asphalt
Thank you, Antonius!

AJGuillaume

Pèlerin du monde
Camino(s) past & future
Via Gebennensis (2018)
Via Podiensis (2018)
Camino Del Norte (2018)
@KerryW , there's an additional thread dedicated just to that section:
I concur with Antonius, it is a beautiful route, and definitely one I recommend you follow, a much better option than following the yellow arrows from Santander.
Buen Camino
Andrew

Get on our Mailing list for new products on the Camino Store and news from the Camino Forum

Advertisement

Booking.com

Most downloaded Resources

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Forum Store

Camino Forum Store

Casa Ivar Newsletter

Forum Donation

Forum Donation
For those with no forum account, it is possible to donate here as well. Thank you for your support! Ivar

Follow Casa Ivar on Instagram

When is the best time to walk?

• January

Votes: 16 1.3%
  • February

Votes: 10 0.8%
  • March

Votes: 54 4.2%
  • April

Votes: 193 15.1%
  • May

Votes: 319 25.0%
  • June

Votes: 93 7.3%
  • July

Votes: 23 1.8%
  • August

Votes: 27 2.1%
  • September

Votes: 366 28.6%
  • October

Votes: 154 12.1%
  • November

Votes: 17 1.3%
  • December

Votes: 6 0.5%
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock