• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Camino Norte Route from San Sebastian

Teddy Edwards

Time of past OR future Camino
Hi,
I'm currently in South West France and have some time off due to change of circumstances and I am seriously contemplating walking The Norte Route from San Sebastian in two weeks time...
Is it possible and practical to do it this time of year ? Can anyone tell me where to get a passport and where to stay on arrival in San Sebastian(cheap i'm fairly skint lol) and is anyone else doing this route at a similar time ???

Cheers Teddy

A selection of Camino Jewellery
I think your best bet is to order it from Ivar here on this website. I don’t think you’ll have a problem getting it in time for your trip. I stayed in the hospital called a room in the city. It’s a little off the Camino but it’s really nice and I had a great night sleep.

Hi,
I'm currently in South West France and have some time off due to change of circumstances and I am seriously contemplating walking The Norte Route from San Sebastian in two weeks time...
Is it possible and practical to do it this time of year ? Can anyone tell me where to get a passport and where to stay on arrival in San Sebastian(cheap i'm fairly skint lol) and is anyone else doing this route at a similar time ???

Cheers Teddy

I plan to start the Camino Del Norte on October 22 or 23 from Irun. This would put me in San Sebastián either October 23 or 24.

Phil

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
I cant help with the time you want to walk but I do know you can get a credential from the Catholic Cathedral in San Sebastián for Euro 2:00

Hi,

Cheers Teddy
There is an albergue a few km's before San Sebastian on the Camino, which is donativo if that is any help to you. The address is Paseo de Ulía 375, 20013 San Sebastian Guipúzcoa. It is run by the community of the 12 Tribes, and I stayed there a few weeks ago, they are extremely friendly and the dinner and breakfast were great too. They won't turn anyone away - no matter what time they arrive or their circumstances.

Albergue Juvenil Ondarreta, in front of the beach and just on the Camino , dorms 10 euros or shared private room, great place . kitchen and laundry facilities. lots pf pilgrims go there

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.

Most read last week in this forum

I walked the Camino Francés in Octobee 2022, from Villafranca del Bierzo to Santiago de Compostela, and loved it. I would like to walk the Camino del Norte as I'm drawn to the coast, culture and...
Hello everyone. I know that pre-booking accommodation has been discussed many, many times, so apologies but I wanted to be quite specific. We are walking from Irún to Bilbao in the first week of...
Hello! I am visiting Northern Spain for the first time this June and would am planning on hiking a small segment of the Camino. I've done a little research and decided to hike between Zarautz and...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back