• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

camino norte

norman hawes

Time of past OR future Camino
I walked the Camino France last year 2015, in may/june
On Camino Notre do you have an office to register in irun like you have at St Jean pied de port

The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
The turismo, the albergue, the ayuntamiento, or the parish church, will all give you your first sello. Apart from that and (hopefully) the best wishes of the sello-giver, there's no formality at all. On entering Irun to begin my first del Norte some years ago, I also received buen camino from a little old lady, some small boys playing football, and a businessman walking and simultaneously holding an animated conversation on his cellphone, but I do not think that any of these count as registration, although they were nice to encounter.

A selection of Camino Jewellery
The turismo, the albergue, the ayuntamiento, or the parish church, will all give you your first sello. Apart from that and (hopefully) the best wishes of the sello-giver, there's no formality at all. On entering Irun to begin my first del Norte some years ago, I also received buen camino from a little old lady, some small boys playing football, and a businessman walking and simultaneously holding an animated conversation on his cellphone, but I do not think that any of these count as registration, although they were nice to encounter.

On Camino Notre do you have an office to register in irun like you have at St Jean pied de port
Depends what u mean by register. If you want to get credentials for the Norte, yes the alberque at Irun will provide you with that. I got mine there.

The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
For some reason people seem to think one has to sign up, put their name on a list, what have you, when starting a Camino. That is not the case, not even in SJPP.

Most read last week in this forum

Hi all! I walked the Le Puy to Roncesvalles route last spring, and now I am thinking of Arles to Compostela on the Norte in the fall. I have many questions. I have downloaded the WP Norte App. I...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.