• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Camino norte

Angelika 76

Time of past OR future Camino
I plan to walk the north camino along the coast in September
Hi everyone, I will be walking the camino norte in September. Is anyone there walking this route at that time?

Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-
Hi Brook , you will be 3 weeks ahead of me . How Long have you planned?

St James' Way - Self-guided 4-7 day Walking Packages, Reading to Southampton, 110 kms
Hi, I'm intending to walk it in September bur so far do not have a definite start date in mind. I see you are a new member, does that mean this is your first camino?

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
Thank you! May I ask you , when did you walk the camino norte? Did you walk all by yourself?

We walked Sept 25 - Oct 30 2013 and it was 20-30 people a day on the route.
There were always people you recognized at the hostels and people to walk with if you chose.

But long stretches where you didn't see a pilgrim for hours.

A wonderful Camino!

Also, the weather was extraordinary! (The first 3 weeks in the high 20's)

Join our full-service guided tour of the Basque Country and let us pamper you!
We walked Sept 25 - Oct 30 2013 and it was 20-30 people a day on the route.
There were always people you recognized at the hostels and people to walk with if you chose.

But long stretches where you didn't see a pilgrim for hours.

A wonderful Camino!

Also, the weather was extraordinary! (The first 3 weeks in the high 20's)
Thank you for your Information

The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
Buen Camino @Angelika 76 - the Norte is lovely.
Hi Kanga. I'm due to start Camino Portugues in September but I am having second thoughts because some posts say it's boring. I'm considering the Norte instead. The scenery looks spectacular. Have you walked the Portugues and if so which would you honestly recommend without sitting on the fence?

Hi
Hi everyone, I will be walking the camino norte in September. Is anyone there walking this route at that time?
I'll be starting August 30 from Irun with my husband and a friend. Later we will be joined by my sister in law. We may meet. This is the first time on the Norte for all of us. It will be my friends first Camino. My husband and I walked the Frances in 2013 with my sister in law. She has walked the Frances in 2007(?). It's addictive.

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
... I am having second thoughts because some posts say it's boring. I'm considering the Norte instead.
Hands down, the Norte, unless you have great physical limitations. The Portuguese from Porto is mostly flat, it will only have you huffing and puffing once or twice, on the Norte ... much more. In between pretty town very ordinary landscape that make one yearn for the Meseta fields.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi Kanga. I'm due to start Camino Portugues in September but I am having second thoughts because some posts say it's boring. I'm considering the Norte instead. The scenery looks spectacular. Have you walked the Portugues and if so which would you honestly recommend without sitting on the fence?

@Rossco I just walked the entire Camino Portugués from Lisbon to SDC. I believe that "boring" is not an appropriate adjective. I would definitely walk it again, but it is more solitary, if that is what is defined as boring. There are long sections in farmland with not much services, initially, but there are the marvelous towns of Santarém, Tomar and Coimbra. Lots of Roman roads, bridges, etc. You can check out my first stages, on my blog, as I am only now writing it all up. The Many Ways on the Camino Portugués I suppose it all depends what you want on a Camino.

Angelika 76, I expect to be walking camino norte in September. Will decide in next few days. I would start at Irun. My dates can be flexible. Billy

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
Hi I am walking el Norte in stages with 3 friends. We are walking from Salinas near Aviles to Ribadeo 9 to 16 Sept. Started originally in Irun. One friend has shingles and wants to use the luggage courier service. Any information about this. Sorry if should have started a new thread.

Hi I am walking el Norte in stages with 3 friends. We are walking from Salinas near Aviles to Ribadeo 9 to 16 Sept. Started originally in Irun. One friend has shingles and wants to use the luggage courier service. Any information about this. Sorry if should have started a new thread.

Check out the Spanish Correos transfer service; they cover the Northern way. See more in English on this web.

http://www.elcaminoconcorreos.com/en/transporte-mochilas.php

They pick up and deliver almost everywhere and the price is roughly 5 euros per bag. Every albergue has the Correos instruction tag/envelope. The first time that you want to use them ask the hospitalero for help. You can book using your phone.

Good luck and Buen camino!

Check out the Spanish Correos transfer service; they cover the Northern way. See more in English on this web.

http://www.elcaminoconcorreos.com/en/transporte-mochilas.php

They pick up and deliver almost everywhere and the price is roughly 5 euros per bag. Every albergue has the Correos instruction tag/envelope. The first time that you want to use them ask the hospitalero for help. You can book using your phone.

Good luck and Buen camino!
Many thanks for your help. I will call my friend tonight

Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-

Most read last week in this forum

I walked the Camino Francés in Octobee 2022, from Villafranca del Bierzo to Santiago de Compostela, and loved it. I would like to walk the Camino del Norte as I'm drawn to the coast, culture and...
Hello everyone. I know that pre-booking accommodation has been discussed many, many times, so apologies but I wanted to be quite specific. We are walking from Irún to Bilbao in the first week of...
Hello! I am visiting Northern Spain for the first time this June and would am planning on hiking a small segment of the Camino. I've done a little research and decided to hike between Zarautz and...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.