• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Camino North 2021 :) :) Irish solo traveller

Larky1888

Time of past OR future Camino
Easter 2020
Hi lovely people, i was so guted to have my 1st ever week on camino north cancelled easter past due to cv19, i finally built up the courage 2 re book. I will be leaving Irun on Good Friday and walking to Bilbao. So excited already. Anyone else walking around that time be great to have some company. Love from Ireland 🇮🇪🇮🇪💚💚👍👍

St James' Way - Self-guided 4-7 day Walking Packages, Reading to Southampton, 110 kms
Hi Larky,

I hope to do the Norte next year also, but I can't say when thanks to Covid. I guess an effective vaccine will need to be available before I am back on the Camino.

However do not worry about having company. The Camino provides. You will have all the company you need and when you need it. And if not then perhaps you have some soul searching to do in your own company. Either way you win!!

Aidan

You are in for a treat and I hope there are hills for you to train on as there are alot of up and downs. It is spectacular and you will not want to go home. Being an old man of 64 when I walked it, I was just starting to not cry every morning that I had to walk up yet another hill to start the day. Enjoy the food and the people. I hope there is a vaccine by the time you walk and I will need one before I walk again. Walking during Semana Santa has traditionally been a very crowded time. With lowered capacity at albergues you should definitely be calling ahead to see what is available. I am sure if you stay at the municipal albergue in Irun you will meet lots of pilgrims the night before you begin. Buen Camino

New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!
Aww that's so exciting! I'm from Ireland and did the Frances in 2017 and it was class! I went alone but you'll never be alone so don't worry about company, you will have a fantastic time! Buen Camino!
Hi lovely people, i was so guted to have my 1st ever week on camino north cancelled easter past due to cv19, i finally built up the courage 2 re book. I will be leaving Irun on Good Friday and walking to Bilbao. So excited already. Anyone else walking around that time be great to have some company. Love from Ireland 🇮🇪🇮🇪💚💚👍👍

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
Hi Larky,

I hope to do the Norte next year also, but I can't say when thanks to Covid. I guess an effective vaccine will need to be available before I am back on the Camino.

However do not worry about having company. The Camino provides. You will have all the company you need and when you need it. And if not then perhaps you have some soul searching to do in your own company. Either way you win!!

Aidan
Sounds good mate

You are in for a treat and I hope there are hills for you to train on as there are alot of up and downs. It is spectacular and you will not want to go home. Being an old man of 64 when I walked it, I was just starting to not cry every morning that I had to walk up yet another hill to start the day. Enjoy the food and the people. I hope there is a vaccine by the time you walk and I will need one before I walk again. Walking during Semana Santa has traditionally been a very crowded time. With lowered capacity at albergues you should definitely be calling ahead to see what is available. I am sure if you stay at the municipal albergue in Irun you will meet lots of pilgrims the night before you begin. Buen Camino
Thanks very much. I cant wait

Hi Larky
In the meantime, you could watch Efron Gonzales from Cuba who has made a fantastic blog series on doing the Norte camino., day by day. Then you'll probably like his Francis, Ingles, Fisterra, Portugese & Francengenia caminos......etc. He takes a drone to give the bird's eye view of his walking......buen Camino....
Love

New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!
A selection of Camino Jewellery
Hi Larky
In the meantime, you could watch Efron Gonzales from Cuba who has made a fantastic blog series on doing the Norte camino., day by day. Then you'll probably like his Francis, Ingles, Fisterra, Portugese & Francengenia caminos......etc. He takes a drone to give the bird's eye view of his walking......buen Camino....
Love
Not Efron, Efran but Efren
HeeeHeeeee

Most read last week in this forum

Hi all! I walked the Le Puy to Roncesvalles route last spring, and now I am thinking of Arles to Compostela on the Norte in the fall. I have many questions. I have downloaded the WP Norte App. I...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.