• Get your Camino Frances Guidebook here.
  • For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Camino observation

Togabogie

Time of past OR future Camino
Frances
The late novelist john gardner ( tho its been attributed to others ) that all stories begin with two plots (1) a person goes on a journey and (2) a stranger comes into town!! I just thought that related itself very well to going on camino🤔

A selection of Camino Jewellery
€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
Join our full-service guided tour and let us convert you into a Pampered Pilgrim!
But i wonder
What would Fibonacci have to say about all pilgrims spriral toward Santiago?
Or is it some gravity drawing us from afar that tugs so bitter sweetly
Or like wine sweetly bitter at the ends
Moths must have their own Fibonacci
Or is instinct to circle the light until conditions
Inside and out are satisfied
And then its ok to fall inward

Everything moves
What moves the man,falling toward the center..or has he been flung from somewhere else and captured by the winds of gravity... are borne toward some Cathedrals event horizon
On dreams with lucid wings and mysterious things
Whispered in a tongue's understood in certain things
And hidden in-betweens
We are a sun in wintering sky's

Last edited:
In school we were taught the theory that there were three traditional stories:
Man vs. Man
Man vs. Nature
Man vs. Self
And some argued two new stories in modern times:
Man vs. Society
Man vs. Technology
I think many of these could come into play during your Camino!

The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
Transport luggage-passengers.
From airports to SJPP
Luggage from SJPP to Roncevalles
Perhaps chaos theory at work...?
Isnt chaos simply the inability to make sense of the events of the moment.
Give it a second and it all makes sense
If it still doesnt make sense, drink a glass of wine
In the case it still doesnt ?
Drink a bottle of wine
The impish possibilities become reasonable no matter what the improbabilities. The inability to grasp the order of things only implies the observer has not drank enough to be senseless to what they want to see and to what is..
Isnt chaos what makes things interesting?

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
That is one description of how chaos theory works. The other is that seemingly unrelated and unassociated things frequently coalesce into something meaningful over time, without apparent predictability.

Why are no two snowflakes alike, yet, they can be combined to form a snowball?

Yes, in the absence of rules, processes, structures, or formulae, chaos theory is what, nonetheless, brings order to seeming disorder.

Marvelous ain't it... It is the simple explanation for why most things in life seem to just work out in the end if we all just step back and let it happen. Let God be God and all that...

I posted a link to a Wikipedia article by accident and have deleted it again. Please ignore it if the post was sent to you by email. I am now off to read about the Law of Attraction instead and refresh what someone once told me about it. For as long as I can stand it ... 🥳.

That is one description of how chaos theory works. The other is that seemingly unrelated and unassociated things frequently coalesce into something meaningful over time, without apparent predictability.

Why are no two snowflakes alike, yet, they can be combined to form a snowball?

Yes, in the absence of rules, processes, structures, or formulae, chaos theory is what, nonetheless, brings order to seeming disorder.

Marvelous ain't it... It is the simple explanation for why most things in life seem to just work out in the end if we all just step back and let it happen. Let God be God and all that...
We make sense of the maelstrom i think, in a mans ...wish? To put order to the world his senses,his intellect perceives
A dark room is full of possibilities
A lit room is not
change comes about i think when we stoo relying on wrote and flow with what is
We get our wings as we learn to trust our adaptive abilities

One step past the portal is more important than the next
The last step can be as important as the first
Did we learn?
What..did a person learn?

Putting order of chaos
Into chaos
Of chaos
Is the end of fear and the beginning of order

There is and will always be variables
A person can even say there are no certainties
Perception is a key i humbly think
I think mans ascention was boosted above other critters by the ability to ..see.

I can only see one step ahead
Plan sucsessfully two steps ahead before i am overwhelmed by possibilities...going "tharn" as some author or other once wrote
But away from catastrophication and on the feet, the rational mind befins seeing order in the potentialities

Pilgrims worry the small stuff before the step into the unknown
Minutia..what if

The second step ..what is
We coalesce..miniature communities
We dissolve and become particles again
But all the while a whole made of singles
A wave to terrestrial bound tourists made of particles

Each important
Each another potential...

All the while traveling through time and space and chaos in each others comfort
And after a while finding that chaos is not scary nor terra incognita
Here..there be monsters!
Or is it just we dont see the reality that reality can,may be shaped by its perception by the observer
The participant
The one who has experienced

All that to say..Go Forth Brave Pilgrim! Its a brave and wonderful thing to step out of your everyday,orderly....same experience and brave the maelstrom
Its like swimming
Its like flying
Its making the most of life
Its dying
And rebirth
Its the rough beast limping toward Jerusalem to be reborn
Its the first wail of the first of a billion counted breaths
Its the surfacing from the long dark dive of the soul
Chaos
Is possibility written infinity

Off you go Pilgrim!
Embrace the unknown!

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
Its funny, i walked into the house where the band i shoot was practicing..and guess what subect du jour was on the table..ill give you infinite guesses with only one possible outcome...
And the agreement was what we had substantially talked of here
Sigh
Smiley face

Most read last week in this forum

My name is Henrik and I will be coming down to SJPdP from Sweden on March 26 and start walking on March 27. I don't really have any experience and I'm not the best at planning and I'm a little...
When I hiked the Frances Route this happened. I was hiking in the afternoon just east of Arzua. I was reserved a bed at an albergue in Arzua, so I had already hiked all the way from San Xulien...
I'd like some recommendations about where to find the most current and up to date information about albergues that are actually open. I'm currently walking the camino Frances, and I can't even...
I am finalizing my packing list for Frances, and do not want to over pack. (I am 71) I will be starting at SJPdP on April 25th to Roncesvalles and forward. I was hoping on some advise as to...
Today is March 21, 1024 If you’re starting El Francés around this time, be warned that quite a few stretches between Rabanal del Camino and Molinaseca are in pretty bad shape. Lots of mud, and...
First marker starting from Albergue Monasterio de la Magdalena in Sarria (113.460 km) Start: 2023.9.29 07:22 Arrival: 2023.9.30 13:18 walking time : 26 hours 47 minutes rest time : 3 hours 8...

âť“How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.