A donation to the forum removes ads for you, and supports Ivar in his work running it

Advertisement

Luggage Transfer Correos
Camino Badges
Camino(s) past & future
Jul-Sept 2019: Six weeks in Northern Spain.
Apr 2018 Asturias
May 2016 CP: Portuguese
We're taking six weeks (Lord WIlling) to scout all over Northern Spain, for a place to buy. Hoping to find a place with an extra bedroom (or two) and 2 or more bathrooms and...very close to a Camino route because, the ability to take in Peregrinos (but, not as in a full blown albergue) appeals to us greatly.

Business and Camino don't exactly go hand-in-hand for most people I'm guessing but, how can I go to Spain and not Camino?! Impossible for this Gal. So, I've been working very hard on trying to resurrect a long dead Lebaniego route, leading to Santo Toribio which, you can read about here, if you like.

In any event, Spain is just around the corner. We'll even be meeting up with several lovely Forum Members who have moved to and now work in Spain and, that's very exciting. So, no matter which Camino we walk...on top of it all, it will all be a blessing! ;)

Be gone, racked brain!
1563991260446.png

Last edited:

Kat Kostrzewska

Online guide https://caminodesantiagobybike.co.uk
Camino(s) past & future
Camino Frances (2006, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2018), Via Tolosana (2012) Camino Norte (2014)
Amazing idea with your small albergue. Good luck!!!!

KinkyOne

Veteran Member
Camino(s) past & future
I'am not perfect, but I'm always myself!!!
We're taking six weeks (Lord WIlling) to scout all over Northern Spain, for a place to buy. Hoping to find a place with an extra bedroom (or two) and 2 or more bathrooms and...very close to a Camino route because, the ability to take in Peregrinos (but, not as in a full blown albergue) appeals to us greatly.

Business and Camino don't exactly go hand-in-hand for most people I'm guessing but, how can I go to Spain and not Camino?! Impossible for this Gal. So, I've been working very hard on trying to resurrect a long dead Lebaniego route, leading to Santo Toribio which, you can read about here, if you like.

In any event, Spain is just around the corner. We'll even be meeting up with several lovely Forum Members who have moved to and now work in Spain and, that's very exciting. So, no matter which Camino we walk...on top of it all, it will all be a blessing! ;)

Be gone, racked brain!
View attachment 61617
There's not much chance we would meet at your safe haven because I'm not really fan of Northern Caminos (too much ups/downs and constantly changing weather) but I sincerely wish you a lot of luck in your upcoming endeavour :)
Keep the faith!

mikebet

Camino(s) past & future
SJPdP to Pamplona (2016); Baiona to Santiago (2018); Sarria to Santiago (2018)
Could be an interesting thread to hear from people who have decided to settle in Spain pursuant to a Camino walk. I wish I could talk my significant other into it, but she has been pretty resistant so far.

Camino Chrissy

Take one step forward...then keep on walking.
Camino(s) past & future
Frances 2015;
Norte/Primitivo 2016;
Frances 2017;
Le Puy 2018;
Portuguese/FishermanTr. 2019
There's not much chance we would meet at your safe haven because I'm not really fan of Northern Caminos (too much ups/downs and constantly changing weather) but I sincerely wish you a lot of luck in your upcoming endeavour :)
Keep the faith!
Kinky, which northern caminos do you speak of besides I assume the Norte? Have you already walked the routes once, but they do not appeal to you? Just curious.

KinkyOne

Veteran Member
Camino(s) past & future
I'am not perfect, but I'm always myself!!!
ice
Kinky, which northern caminos do you speak of besides I assume the Norte? Have you already walked the routes once, but they do not appeal to you? Just curious.
As northern Caminos I understand all of those that start/end north of CF. I walked only two of them (Bayona, Salvador) and that was quite enough for me because of the reasons I posted above. I have had my share of mountains in my early life as a climber but once I discovered Meseta and Tierra de Campos I immediately knew where my spiritual home is. Views from mountain tops could be amazing but you have to work so hard to get there and also I kind of feel trapped being in mountains. In plains I feel free as a bird. Triple Crown definitely isn't for me but I wouldn't think very long about walking across Australia for example if there would be some service every 30kms or so :D

Camino Chrissy

Take one step forward...then keep on walking.
Camino(s) past & future
Frances 2015;
Norte/Primitivo 2016;
Frances 2017;
Le Puy 2018;
Portuguese/FishermanTr. 2019
I get what you are saying, Kinky. Although mountain views are beautiful, their vastness makes me feel insignificant and a little "lonely" for lack of a better word. I've seen many beautiful mountains in our national parks in the western United States, so have no need to travel far and wide to other countries to see more of them, prefering to walk Caminos and experience different cultures.

Last edited:

Book your lodging here

Get e-mail updates from Casa Ivar (Forum + Forum Store content)

Advertisement

Booking.com

Most downloaded Resources

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Forum Store

Camino Forum Store

Casa Ivar Newsletter

Forum Donation

Forum Donation
For those with no forum account, it is possible to donate here as well. Thank you for your support! Ivar

Follow Casa Ivar on Instagram

When is the best time to walk?

• January

Votes: 15 1.4%
  • February

Votes: 6 0.6%
  • March

Votes: 43 4.0%
  • April

Votes: 162 15.2%
  • May

Votes: 261 24.5%