• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Camino office

Tony2018

Time of past OR future Camino
Nine Caminos including the French x4, Portuguese, Via de la Plata, Norte, Primitivo and Ingles.
Does anyone have any idea why the daily and monthly statistics are not being updated?

Join our full-service guided tour and let us convert you into a Pampered Pilgrim!
News to me. But it could be as simple as the person who does this being on vacation. Most "extra duty" as assigned activities at the Pilgrim Office do not have a backup. So, when the primary person is unavailable, there is no backup.

I have spoken politely to them about the need to have a backup for every office function. So far, nada... I remain optimistic.

When I was working there in July and August, the web server was having problems and daily statistics reporting was down for about a week. Implementing the new queuing system also caused some hiccups...

All this said, please do remember that the primary function of the pilgrim office is to document pilgrim arrivals by issuing Compostelas, etc. NOT to report statistics.

I have said this before. But it bears repeating again and again, as needed.

Hope this helps.

Does anyone have any idea why the daily and monthly statistics are not being updated?
The daily number of pilgrims registered at the Oficina del Peregrino are published here: https://oficinadelperegrino.com but only in the Spanish version of the website. The English version of the same page has been showing "0 pilgrims arrived in Santiago" for more than a month now, I think.

No monthly statistics for July 2019 have been published on their website or in the Galician newspapers. There are also none for August 2019 up to now but it's still early, perhaps they'll appear in the next few days.

Last edited:
Ideal pocket guides for during & after your Camino. Each weighs only 1.4 oz (40g)!
I learned about the translation issue when I was at the office in July and August. It was explained to me that if you type the address: https://oficinadelperegrino.com into the address bar of your browser, you go to the Spanish language page by default. If you try to change the language to English, you lose the plot. So, stay with the Spanish page for now.

As I frequently say... "but this is Spain señor...." It will be fixed when it is fixed...

Hope this helps...

Hello there!

Even on the spanish site there are no statistics for July and August available.
Tested with Chrome and Firefox.

Buen Camino!
Roland

I learned about the translation issue when I was at the office in July and August. It was explained to me that if you type the address: https://oficinadelperegrino.com into the address bar of your browser, you go to the Spanish language page by default. If you try to change the language to English, you lose the plot. So, stay with the Spanish page for now.

As I frequently say... "but this is Spain señor...." It will be fixed when it is fixed...

Hope this helps...
I don't think that the English version has worked for a very long time :(

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
You are correct. It has not worked at least since early July. I do not know why.

Unfortunately. I am not there, but home in Florida waiting patiently for HUrricane Dorian to pass by offshore...

You are correct. It has not worked at least since early July. I do not know why.

Unfortunately. I am not there, but home in Florida waiting patiently for HUrricane Dorian to pass by offshore...
Update, re hurricane? Hope it is good news.

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
It was the Bahamas Islands, near Freeport that were most affected. So far, there has been no landfall in Florida. If it hits us at all, it will be far to the both, perhaps not until Georgia or the Carolinas.

As of this morning, my reaction is meh... Rain, but not heavy. Breezes with some gusts, but not enough to make a flag on a pole rigid. Just a gloomy, rain day... These mini storms come in bands, spinning off from the backside of Dorian.

The flooding you are seeing in the various media is all worst-case video. That’s what the news and weather folks do.

To get and keep viewers, they need to present whatever data they have as dramatically as they can, while still being truthful (mostly). So, they do tend to exaggerate.

I go directly to the National Hurricane Center (NHC) website. This office is in Miami, and always had the best information.

Based on the best available information l, we are out of the threat cone here in southern Palm Beach County. The storm is moving SLOWLY to the north, away from us.

I plan to open up the bolted closed garage door in a little while.

In short... been there, done that.

WHEW! Dodged another hurricane bullet...

Thanks for your concern.

Last edited:
Re: Camino stats from the Pilgrim Office website.

I have my iPhone Chrome browser set to open at that page. Every morning, on rising, I check the previous day's arrival number to keep abreast of how many folks are still arriving daily. it works for me every day, since I erased my browser history and typed the direct URL in the address line.

http://oficinadelperegrino.com

I did this back in July. It has worked every day since then.

Clear your browser history, THEN type or copy the direct URL (above) into your address line as though you were doing it for the very first time.

Hope this helps.

The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
I, too, am frustrated by the lack of statistics---it's fun to watch the changing demographics....
And many hospitaleros have reported fewer pilgrims this summer. I’m coming into Palas de Rei today, and have to say that I have not experienced heavy pilgrim traffic. (I know. It’s September.) I’ve been walking since July 14 from Lourdes, and it feels like a slight slow down in numbers. Would be interesting to see if the stats reflect this.

And many hospitaleros have reported fewer pilgrims this summer. I’m coming into Palas de Rei today, and have to say that I have not experienced heavy pilgrim traffic. (I know. It’s September.) I’ve been walking since July 14 from Lourdes, and it feels like a slight slow down in numbers. Would be interesting to see if the stats reflect this.
Peoples' experience of this seems to be very varied. There have been a few posts on the 'American Pilgrims on the Camino' Facebook group in the past couple of days lamenting big overcrowding problems and full albergues in the earlier stages of the Camino Frances. People having to take taxis ahead for long distances to find a bed or finding accommodation is fully booked two or more days in advance. Sometimes the result of being in a "bubble" or "wave" with unusually large numbers setting off from SJPDP or Roncesvalles at the same time.

Most read last week in this forum

I requested a Mass to be offered with the botafumerio from the Cathederal for May 27th. Here is the update from the Cathederal: “We are contacting you to inform you that unfortunately the...
Does Ivan's place close for siesta or dinner? Trying to sort how to get my stored luggage and I know places close in Spain even when their doors say the hours they are open. Are we supposed to...
Hey I’m looking at starting my Camino from Burgos in about 2-3 days. I’m wanting to use casa ivar storage. Has anyone used this service before? It sounds very good the webpage is just a little...
Anyone from the forum working in the Pilgrim’s Office May 1-14? We’ll be walking two Caminos and will say hi if you are!

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back