A donation to the forum removes ads for you, and supports Ivar in his work running it

Advertisement

2019 Camino Guides

CAMINO OLVIDADO FROM BILBAO-MAY 2018.

Camino(s) past & future
Except the Francés
Thank you for this, most timely as I hope to be doing the León part in November. I think there must be a typo when it says Boñar to Vegacervera is only 15.5km? - Ender's elevation guide to León has it at 27.3km, with about 700m of accumulated height gain.

Camino(s) past & future
Camino Frances,
May 1999 and others.
Thank you for this, most timely as I hope to be doing the León part in November. I think there must be a typo when it says Boñar to Vegacervera is only 15.5km? - Ender's elevation guide to León has it at 27.3km, with about 700m of accumulated height gain.
Yes you are correct.Villfeide should be 14.7km. I will wait a while before I change it in case there is any other typos.

So what were your stages, omicko? I walked this route several years ago, but hope to go back next year, at least for the part between Aguilar and Ponferrada. I remember a lot of asphalt that first day or so, and I won’t have time to start in Bilbao, so the second half will have to do. Can’t wait to walk the new mountain alternatives in the province of León that Ender has marked!

Camino(s) past & future
Walked el Camino Frances in 2003. Did the Primitivo in August 13 and Ruta lebaniega in July 14. Summer 2016 - Camino del Salvador.
One day: Ruta de la Plata into the Sanabres, maybe part of the Norte, and perhaps the Olvidado.
That's great information Omicko. Thank you. Did you meet any other pilgrims on the route?
Andrew

caminka

Camino(s) past & future
see signature
excellent info, omicko, thank you! will be updating my guide in resources sometime in november, I think.

Camino(s) past & future
Norte, Primitivo, Plata, Salvador Torres
Thank you for the info! Have got the Olvidado in my sights(?) for 2021 and am collecting any info coming my way. Will start calling for help when I am closer to the year I am planning to go....

Camino(s) past & future
Norte, Primitivo, Plata, Salvador Torres
PS Have just looked at your info in more detail! Phantastic! The amount of work you put into this! Thank you so much for your effort!!!

A few items available from the Camino Forum Store

Pilgrims here right now

Advertisement
Booking.com

Latest posts

Most read today

Most downloaded Resources

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Forum Store

Camino Forum Store

Casa Ivar Newsletter

Forum Donation

Forum Donation
For those with no forum account, it is possible to donate here as well. Thank you for your support! Ivar

Follow Casa Ivar on Instagram

When is the best time to walk?

• January

Votes: 8 1.1%
  • February

Votes: 4 0.5%
  • March

Votes: 33 4.5%
  • April

Votes: 108 14.7%
  • May

Votes: 179 24.4%