• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.
  • Camino Olvidado Guide created by one of our forum members

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Camino Olvidado Guide from Bilbao Update - June 2019

omicko

Time of past OR future Camino
Camino Frances,
May 1999 and others.
Hello Laurie, these are updates for my guide which I think will help you out as I see you are hoping to be in Pola De Gordon on the 19th. ( I am in Pola de Gordon now while I am writing this ).This time I started in Cervera De Pisuerga and stayed at the Albergue Turistico Riviera. I can recommend this modern albergue with the charming senorita Blanca.
Cantoral De Pena. Casa Rural. Tel. Montse on 607797338.1 Person 20 Euros, 2 People 35 Euros Includes breakfast.
Castrejon de la Pena. Casa Tarabas. Stayed there last year. It's a good place.
Bar Pena is now closed but the new bar is called las Escuelas. This one now serves food. The owner, with the exotic name of Africa, is the niece of Manuel the owner of Casa Tarabas. She is hoping also she will have ready a new Albergue in one month.( 😏 probably sometime in the next six months).
Tarilonte. I can recommend the Hotel Rural El Yunque with its very pleasant owner Elena.
There is also a bar that opens May to September 1 to 3 p.m. and 7 to 10pm.
Guardo. When I was there it was a Saints Day. The youth hostel was full and most of the hotels too. The hotel Edmondo, situated at the entrance to Guardo, was 30 Euros and if I remember rightly without breakfast. I decided to carry on to Velilla. Hostal Stop ( Tel. 979861438 ) was full so I stayed at Casa Moura. Telephone 979-861-098. 30 euros with breakfast. Quiet, modern Hotel.( The same owners as Hotel Edmondo.) To be continued, cheers,Mick.

Last edited:
Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back