• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.
  • Camino Olvidado Guide created by one of our forum members

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Camino Olvidado in the News

The 9th edition the Lightfoot Guide will let you complete the journey your way.
I love hearing about people working hard to revive ancient routes. The problem I see with this project of an App for the Camino olvidado is that one would require internet access to make it work, especially for the GPS, and that many of the people walking the different caminos, if not most, are not Spaniards, and would therefor need to pay for the connection fee.

This isn't the only group working to restore this Camino, but the others that I know of are putting their efforts into more traditional things like arrow painting and publicity.

When I walked the Camino Olvidado last summer, I had free wifi almost every day. I confess I'm not really sure how an app works, but if all it requires is wifi, there should be no problem for pilgrims getting access.

I also know there are good gps tracks for this camino (since Susanna and I recorded them ourselves ;)). Buen camino, Laurie

Ideal pocket guides for during & after your Camino. Each weighs only 1.4 oz (40g)!
Correct me if I'm wrong, but is free WIFI available everywhere or only in some bars, restaurants, albergues. Because it you cannot access it when you're in the middle of fields or mountains, the App won't help you find your way, will it?

Hi, Anemone, yes you're right, the wifi is only in bars and restaurants. The article says that the ap would also have gps tracks. I brought a gps device with me last summer, and then with some help from forum friends, got the tracks to the Olvidado onto the device. I found I only needed to look at the GPS once, btw, because the trail is so well marked. The gps device works without a data plan and without wifi, though.

But anyway, back to the question of how this Olvidado ap would be used. I have no idea whether a pilgrim would need to buy a data plan or whether the gps function in the phone would be sufficient. Too confusing for my non-tech brain!

Are you planning to walk the Olvidado?

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back