• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.
  • Camino Olvidado Guide created by one of our forum members

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

LIVE from the Camino Camino Olvidado!

Pruden

Pilgrim of life
Time of past OR future Camino
October 2012 Camino Francés Sarria /Santiago.
November 2013 Camino Francés
León to Sarria
June 2014 Camino Francés San Juan Pie de Port to Logroño.
November 2016 Camino Frances ,Logroño to León.
Hello I’m know doing Camino Olvidado, I’m going on my own and alone, no many pilgrims are able or capable of doing it or wants to do it .
To tell you the truth about it ..... having makes , Camino Frances , Camino de Invierno and Lebaniego/Vadiniense, this is something else , few facilities, few hostel or albergues, few food shops, many empty villages, nobody to talk, nobody to meet , to much concrete or asfalt ( even the Two first journeys 35 and 36 kilometers pure asfalt ).
But still so beautiful and pure to walk..

Last edited:
A selection of Camino Jewellery
Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-
Hello I’m know doing Camino Olvidado, I’m going on my own and alone, no many pilgrims are able or capable of doing it or wants to do it .
To tell you the truth about it ..... having makes , Camino Frances , Camino de Invierno and Lebaniego/Vadiniense, this is something else , few facilities, few hostel or albergues, few food shops, many empty villages, nobody to talk, nobody to meet , to much concrete or asfalt ( even the Two first journeys 35 and 36 kilometers pure asfalt ).
Hi, Pruden,
Lucky lucky you. I hope you will continue to post from the Olvidado. I don’t think I’ve heard any report from anyone walking the Olvidado in times of covid.

I can tell you that there is a lot of asphalt in the beginning, but once you get to Aguilar de Campoo, there is very little. I have to say the Olvidado-Invierno combination is probably my favorite camino of all times. Like a mother with her children, I love them all, but this one is spectacular. Do you have all the information about the mountain alternatives (one through Caminayo on the stage from Guardo to Puente de Almuhey, and the other from Boñar through Vegacervera to Magdalena? HIGHLY recommended, I can’t say that enough, it is absolutely gorgeous up there.

Hoping you have great weather and enjoy every minute. Where have you been staying? Are albergues open?

St James' Way - Self-guided 4-7 day Walking Packages, Reading to Southampton, 110 kms

Wow! Are you blogging or sumethin, or can you give us a write-up of the adventure once you are finished??

Wow! Are you blogging or sumethin, or can you give us a write-up of the adventure once you are finished??
Since I don’t know much English I post my photos and my tracking on Wikiloc and Facebook, but the administrator of this Camino Forum didn’t like me to post my pages here, I’m so sorry that’s the way things go on this page .6338D7A4-FD5B-4613-AFBE-DFB02C9624D0.jpeg442E56DC-9DD5-44D9-A0A0-8346632DBD34.jpeg4FCD8B0D-7F29-4A35-A49B-776F3B468070.jpeg08DB7564-8C5B-4784-921C-46DD64E20745.jpeg12D07B35-6CB6-46EA-8401-D111DFD44D06.jpeg42326D8B-BDEB-432F-8B7B-7E08204E5A1F.jpeg42EE64F1-A9C8-4687-AFCB-A9A427BA29BB.jpeg204B85D8-9BD3-4748-9C6C-07F7460503BC.jpeg

Hi, Pruden,
Lucky lucky you. I hope you will continue to post from the Olvidado. I don’t think I’ve heard any report from anyone walking the Olvidado in times of covid.

I can tell you that there is a lot of asphalt in the beginning, but once you get to Aguilar de Campoo, there is very little. I have to say the Olvidado-Invierno combination is probably my favorite camino of all times. Like a mother with her children, I love them all, but this one is spectacular. Do you have all the information about the mountain alternatives (one through Caminayo on the stage from Guardo to Puente de Almuhey, and the other from Boñar through Vegacervera to Magdalena? HIGHLY recommended, I can’t say that enough, it is absolutely gorgeous up there.

Hoping you have great weather and enjoy every minute. Where have you been staying? Are albergues open?
You’re right Peregrina , Invierno, Olvidado and Lebaniego/Vadiniense are my favorite too , if you like to be and enjoy like a camino pilgrims that’s the ones I’ll suggest to anyone.( unless you want to be on a fair ) , but I have also made Camino Frances and I have enjoy it ( probably the one that more monumental of the Caminos ).
As you know albergues on this Olvidado are very few and most of them are closed, ( they are very strict on them because of Covid , not like hotel and hostel ..... they have to clean and almost every thing like if it was a hospital, they believe “ authorities “ that pilgrims are spreading Covid because we go from place to place . It’s a pity and for hospitaleros is a big problem to take care of pilgrims, so they prefer as no to go )
Right now I’m on Cervera de Pisuerga and it’s lovely walking from Aguilar the Campoo,.
I think change should be made of the first 3 journeys from Bilbao ( it’s to much asfalt) , not suitable for normal pilgrims, feet destroying time , and then 35 kilometers the first journeys is simply too much in that conditions.
But anyway I have said that on the to pages of Camino Olvidado ruling at the moment, I’m also posting my full photos on that too pages and on my personal Facebook, Wikiloc and Instagram .
Buen Camino!
I hope you like the collages I have posted on this block ( one of every journey)!

The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.
That's my plan for next year! It will be my 4th or 5th Invierno though. I can't even keep track of how many times it is...!
Be sure you’re used to Long distance on asfalt ( or you might ruin your feet the 3 first journeys)!
But it’s ok if you get used!!
also that you can easy walk around 30 kilometers a day .( you might don’t have a chance to stop before)!
No hotels .

the administrator of this Camino Forum didn’t like me to post my pages here
I'm not sure what you mean. Many people give their blog addresses in their forum signature. (Mine should appear below this post, in lighter coloured print, although it might not appear the same on phones.) It is usually OK to post a link to another personal site, or tell us how to find you on Wikiloc or Instagram. We just expect people to also contribute to the forum thread, such as you are doing, and not just use the forum to increase traffic to that other site.

I'm not sure what you mean. Many people give their blog addresses in their forum signature. (Mine should appear below this post, in lighter coloured print, although it might not appear the same on phones.) It is usually OK to post a link to another personal site, or tell us how to find you on Wikiloc or Instagram. We just expect people to also contribute to the forum thread, such as you are doing, and not just use the forum to increase traffic to that other site.
Sorry 😐, !
I meant that someone told me to remove my Facebook address, Wikiloc, Instagram, email if they wanted to know something more about my experience on Camino Olvidado ( My mother language is not English an I have difficulties posting things here.

I was told the forum that no allow to put personal address.
Here they go again!
Facebook Prudencio Cabezalí Calvo
Instagram Prudenc53
Wikiloc Pruden53
I’m hanging photos and my tracks on this pages for peoples information.
Also on CAMINO OLVIDADO and CAMINO OLVIDADO O DE MONTAÑA ( 2 pages in Spanish)
I hope everything goes well with that!
I’m not pursuing friendships, just want to share my experience) and it’s my particular view of it .
Thanks 😊

St James' Way - Self-guided 4-7 day Walking Packages, Reading to Southampton, 110 kms
I think that Pruden is referring to the fact that he put his personal email address and a lot of references to the other places where he is posting in the first post. A forum member reminded him that we don’t like people to put their personal email addresses in a public space, only because of the privacy concerns. But there is no problem with posting all of the other public places where you are posting. Hope this clears things up.

Right now I’m on Cervera de Pisuerga and it’s lovely walking from Aguilar the Campoo,.

Oh yes, that is a lovely stage. The big asphalt days are now in your past, Pruden.

Absolutely beautiful pictures, keep them coming!

I think that Pruden is referring to the fact that he put his personal email address and a lot of references to the other places where he is posting in the first post. A forum member reminded him that we don’t like people to put their personal email addresses in a public space, only because of the privacy concerns. But there is no problem with posting all of the other public places where you are posting. Hope this clears things up.

Oh yes, that is a lovely stage. The big asphalt days are now in your past, Pruden.

Absolutely beautiful pictures, keep them coming!
Thanks 😊!!

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
390A2572-8D38-405B-A75A-7A5509ABAB05.jpeg
This is today pictures collage, journey 9th Camino Olvidado, Cervera de Pisuerga/Guardo ( 40 kilometers))
Tomorrow is a resting day for me before I start the mountain via Caminayo (31 kilometers and 1200 up )!5BBD69F6-7903-41ED-82F8-DE2B9EC7BA12.jpeg

View attachment 83433
This is today pictures collage, journey 9th Camino Olvidado, Cervera de Pisuerga/Guardo ( 40 kilometers))
Tomorrow is a resting day for me before I start the mountain via Caminayo (31 kilometers and 1200 up )!View attachment 83434

I say,

That looks like a storm you are walking straight into on picture no 4! How is the weather?

/BP

I say,

That looks like a storm you are walking straight into on picture no 4! How is the weather?

/BP
The weather was very hot 🥵 11 journeys back, but now I get rain on top of me from time to time. , but I have to say is not that bad , no could a toll , maybe 12 centigrades the minimum, next days my go dawn temperatures , especially on the mountain areas were I now .
Next Cistierna! 11 etapa ( journey)!

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
Y
Today’s journey 10th ( 30 kilometers and 570 up )
Velilla del Rio Carrión/ Puente Almuhey ( mountain option via Caminayo )

New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!
Oh such great pictures!! Thanks so much Pruden. Where are you staying in Puente Almuhey?
Apartamentos Carricuende ( room 25 euros breakfast included)

Their restaurant is excellent if their chef is still there and if they are still open!!!
Yes, they are open and I think going well! Food is delicious 😋 and very lo kind people, they do care about pilgrims ( at least about me)

A selection of Camino Jewellery
Today I arrived to Boñar/ tomorrow Vegacervera !
Buen Camino!
I hope Peregrina I can bring you back some good memories.

The pictures of the meal at Carricuende gave me some very good memories!

The walk to Vegacervera, except for the last 5 or so along the road is one of those all time jaw-dropping days. Hope you have good weather!!!!

And to carry on with another good meal, the Mesón La Cocinona in Vegacervera is tucked away and off the beaten path, but Ender took us there and it was another great meal. Heavy on the meat, but really good. http://www.mesonlacocinona.com/

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
The pictures of the meal at Carricuende gave me some very good memories!

The walk to Vegacervera, except for the last 5 or so along the road is one of those all time jaw-dropping days. Hope you have good weather!!!!

And to carry on with another good meal, the Mesón La Cocinona in Vegacervera is tucked away and off the beaten path, but Ender took us there and it was another great meal. Heavy on the meat, but really good. http://www.mesonlacocinona.com/
Thanks 😊!
That’s is the restaurant I was recommended to go .
Good
Ultreia et Susseia Peregrina

I say,

/BP
The weather is good for walking,, sometimes some rain , but that’s perfect for me!

The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.
Boñar to Vegacervera journey 13 th. amazing journey beautiful, high mountain 🏔!!

The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
Oh my, this camino looks amazing, how blessed you are to be there! I was planning to do another CP this past June, but the more I see your pics and now going to explore this route, so I may be on it next year!
Altreia my friend

Oh my, this camino looks amazing, how blessed you are to be there! I was planning to do another CP this past June, but the more I see your pics and now going to explore this route, so I may be on it next year!
Altreia my friend
Just be aware that is not as other caminos , not much facilities, long journeys, mountain trails , also a lot of asfalt and concrete at the beginning from Bilbao, but if you’re brave enough this is your wild countryside Camino , little villages lovely people ( but few people because villages are empty, very good food.
And you should were technology to be sure you don’t get lost on the mountain 🏔.
Wikiloc or gps is ok ( but most of Camino journeys are well signaled with the arrow , only province of Palencia is not good)
Some times signaling is confusing or removed for someone that don’t like pilgrims to go through.
Buen camino

Coming late to this thread, but I am totally delighted by your beautiful photographs, @Pruden. Gracias for taking the time to share them with us.
This is at the top of my list, and your photos confirm the wisdom of that choice! I walked this virtually a couple of months ago and really look forward to being there in real life.

It sounds like an especially lonely way right now. Have you met any other peregrinos?

(An aside...For those who are not so fond of asphalt, it is possible to connect to the Olvidado at Aguilar de Campoo two different ways: either via the Vasco Interior/Viejo from Irun or the Viejo from Pamplona. In either case, the way heads West along the Ebro from Puebla de Arlanzon.)

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
Coming late to this thread, but I am totally delighted by your beautiful photographs, @Pruden. Gracias for taking the time to share them with us.
This is at the top of my list, and your photos confirm the wisdom of that choice! I walked this virtually a couple of months ago and really look forward to being there in real life.

It sounds like an especially lonely way right now. Have you met any other peregrinos?

(An aside...For those who are not so fond of asphalt, it is possible to connect to the Olvidado at Aguilar de Campoo two different ways: either via the Vasco Interior/Viejo from Irun or the Viejo from Pamplona. In either case, the way heads West along the Ebro from Puebla de Arlanzon.)

Let me know when you go. I will meet you in Aguilar de Campoo!

Just be aware that is not as other caminos , not much facilities, long journeys, mountain trails , also a lot of asfalt and concrete at the beginning from Bilbao, but if you’re brave enough this is your wild countryside Camino , little villages lovely people ( but few people because villages are empty, very good food.
Wikiloc or gps is ok ( but most of Camino journeys are well signaled with the arrow , only province of Palencia is not good)
Some times signaling is confusing or removed for someone that don’t like pilgrims to go through.
Buen camino

Thank you @Pruden, something to consider, as I fractured my hip on my second camino (CP) but have since done the CF. I am always up for a challenge, but am realistic first and foremost, I could always try to "recruit" a new pilgrim!

Buen camino

How many stages are you planning? I have heard 18 is the usual advice. How many kms/day in average are you walking?

/BP

€149,-
Boñar to Vegacervera journey 13 th. amazing journey beautiful, high mountain 🏔!!
I hope you had better weather today than I did going down to the beautiful Faedo de Ciñera ("el bosque mejor conservado de España"). Very lovely but the most difficult of my 500+ camino days thanks to the driving rain and almost sheer descent. And tomorrow, going up to and through the amazing Calderónes, the highest point of the Camino, literally as well as metaphorically, quite simply inolvidable.

Attachments

• DSC_0226.jpg
    DSC_0226.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 23

Maybe you could connect those that you are talking about but I’m not familiar with that connection ( I know Olvidado have another brunch starting at Pamplona but I believe it’s on very primitive development and probably you have to figure out yourself at some areas.
I haven’t meet any pilgrims and I don’t think I’ll meet any, ( specially on the mountain version ) there is option A and B , B always goes on mountain high track much more difficult because of kilometers and altitude!
There is an app for this CAMINO OLVIDADO and you have the too options even could guide you but it’s kind of virtual, it’s goo for using it to visualize the etapas ( it’s an English and Spanish.
But I use Wikiloc to guide my Camino it’s good, also mountain and valleys options.6A371734-893B-4F89-88FB-85F26419E66F.jpeg

€149,-
By the way this man is the mentor of Camino Olvidado Guide and it’s a wonderful person ( his name Jose Antonio Cuñarro , I meet him today)

Let me know when you go, VN. I will meet you in Aguilar de Campoo!
I passed Aguilar de Campoo a few journeys back ( I’m on 14 journeys at Pola de Gordon )

I hope you had better weather today than I did going down to the beautiful Faedo de Ciñera ("el bosque mejor conservado de España"). Very lovely but the most difficult of my 500+ camino days thanks to the driving rain and almost sheer descent. And tomorrow, going up to and through the amazing Calderónes, the highest point of the Camino, literally as well as metaphorically, quite simply inolvidable.
Yes the weather was good from Vegacervera to Pola de Gordon ( I meet Jose Antonio Cuñarro at Ciñera and Santa Lucía where he live ( you don’t have to go to Buiza it’s no point going there because albergues at closet most of them)

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
Definitely....
What a blessing that will be. ❤ 🙏

First we gotta get ourselves through the next little while.....
So sorry I couldn’t meet you!
I passed over there time ago.

It’s a difficult going down specially it’s raining or the stones are wet ( I was very careful although in that descent.
The forest and the old mining ⛏ areas is worthy to see about a hundred meter from the olvidado track!

By the way this man is the mentor of Camino Olvidado Guide and it’s a wonderful person ( his name Jose Antonio Cuñarro , I meet him today)
Many forum members know him by his screen name, Ender. I totally agree about the “wonderful person” description. I just looked at a map and saw that you went straight from Ciñera to Pola de Gordón. Was that a nice path, or on the road? The way into Buiza from A Ciñera is actually kind of pretty, but it wasn’t well marked when I went through. Who knew you could just go track down Cuñarro in his home town?!

New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!
Many forum members know him by his screen name, Ender. I totally agree about the “wonderful person” description. I just looked at a map and saw that you went straight from Ciñera to Pola de Gordón. Was that a nice path, or on the road? The way into Buiza from A Ciñera is actually kind of pretty, but it wasn’t well marked when I went through. Who knew you could just go track down Cuñarro in his home town?!
The Wikiloc or path to La Pola de Gordon is just perfect ( fort you will go through Santa Lucía were Ender “ Cuñarro “ live ..... even he meet me at Ciñera ), then after you past his village you would go dawn to the bank of the Bernesga river and almost no road or very little.
Maybe you could see the track or ask Ender .
It was no point going up to Buiza because the albergue is closed, and in old times when there was no bridge you must go through Buiza but no in modern times.

La Pola de Gordon to La Magdalena!
Amazing journey high up the mountains and el desfiladero “Canyon “ de Los Calderones !

Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-
How many stages are you planning? I have heard 18 is the usual advice. How many kms/day in average are you walking?

/BP
22 journeys or etapas to Villafranca del Bierzo ( now I’m on 19th etapa Igüeña)
Wonderful

wonderful from Fasgar to Igüeña!
Lovely nature high mountain 🏔

€83,-
22 journeys or etapas to Villafranca del Bierzo ( now I’m on 19th etapa Igüeña)
Wonderful
SORRY 18th I wanted to say!

Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-
Just wondering, @Pruden if the albergue and/or casa rural in Fasgar is open. I’m hoping Rosi and family are doing well — was the restaurant open? Wonderful pictures, thanks so much.

Rosa is fine I meet her late night because she was out of Fasgar, very nice person.
Fasgar Albergue is open, nothing else is open!
Since la Magdalena is very difficult to find any thing open ( it’s hard to walk and have no place to shop or to eat, now in Igüeña at the albergue, I was lucky one of the bar was open , but no the albergue bar, tomorrow and yesterday and the day before there was no coffee or breakfast in the morning, I eaten what I have of my own).

What??? I would call the Guardia Civil! :eek:
😂🤣, guardia civil??
I don’t understand, they care about security, and rescue but do not care about open bars , restaurants or shops.😂🤣😂

€83,-
055DEAD2-B251-45E7-B951-C9525F86BCCC.jpeg055DEAD2-B251-45E7-B951-C9525F86BCCC.jpegIt’s been a very stormy weather since yesterday, but it was posible to make it to Labaniego, even a dog was taking care of me half of the way ( I felt sorry he has to go back ).

Labaniego/Congosto Etapa ( journey 20th Camino Olvidado)
A very could and windy journey with snow ❄️ on the pic of the mountain 🏔)!

Pruden this thread is a total treat - a feast for the eyes. Thank you.

Buen Camino... May you stay warm and walk happily!
Thanks 😊 for your liking and supporting! Buen Camino

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
Congosto/ Cabañas Raras Camino Olvidado Journey 21!

I say,

Those tall waymarks are hard to miss. Are they sprinkled all the way on the Olvidado??

€149,-
Bad Pilgrim ........Sorry I just wanted to show you the 22 journeys resume in 22 collage.

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
This is Villafranca del Bierzo before i start Camino Frances just today!
Waysmarks are not always enough or sufficient to make Camino Olvidado, specially on the mountains areas of Leon and Palencia province .
Better take gps or Wikiloc so you don’t get lost.

Since I don’t know much English I post my photos and my tracking on Wikiloc and Facebook, but the administrator of this Camino Forum didn’t like me to post my pages here, I’m so sorry that’s the way things go on this page .View attachment 83335View attachment 83337View attachment 83338View attachment 83339View attachment 83341View attachment 83342View attachment 83343View attachment 83344
Your photos are fabulous - wish I could have read your day to day posts - well done and been camino

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back