• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Transportation options from Bilbao to Logroño for Camino Part 2

Gerard Carpenter

Time of past OR future Camino
will start first stage on French camino starting SJPP on May 8th 2018
Hi

Myself Gerard And my wife Angela will continue our Camino from logrono , we arrive in Bilbao on may 8 from Dublin at 16.15 , would like to travel straight to logrono, if anyone has advise on transfer options would appreciate it

Last edited by a moderator:
St James' Way - Self-guided 4-7 day Walking Packages, Reading to Southampton, 110 kms
Looks like there are bus connections to Logrono in the evening hours. You would need to take bus into town from the airport to the Intermodal station in Bilbao. Alsa and Alava appear to be the bus companies that go to Logrono. It is too early to book tickets in May for bus or train, but you can use a site like Google Maps or Rome to Rio or Trainline to give you ideas of what the schedule may be like right now.

Will do J , Thanks for the reply, hopefully closer the start time might be able to get a share car or mini van to save time

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
I flew in to Bilbao last October. I chose to spend a night there before taking a bus to Logroño the following morning. My reason was that it would be 10pm before I would reach Logroño if I went directly and too late for pilgrim accommodation. I stayed quite near to Bilbao bus station in the Pod hostel. (I met pilgrims walking the Norte.) Nice facilities comfortable and quiet. In the morning my bus arrived in Logroño in time to start walking by midday.

I was pleased with this decision because my flight was delayed by an hour and a half and I would have missed the bus! Instead I had time to walk around and explore Bilbao.

In Logroño I hoped to start with a sello from a church but couldn't find one. The Tourist Office was very nice and I got my credentia stamped there. I then walked to Navarette.

Thanks for the reply, I will wait to a bit closer my date to decide, ideally I would like to get to logrono on the 8th , as the plan was to walk to najera on the 9th

Hi I have been asking the same question and there are buses Bilbao to Logrono at 17.00, 18.30 and 20.00. I emailed Cuadrabus.com and they confirmed this.

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-

Most read last week in this forum

I have just popped my Targeta Dorada (Golden Ticket) in my packing box. They cost €12 and cannot be bought online, but can be renewed online. If journeying too or from the Camino on Spanish trains...
Hi everyone! I would greatly appreciate your suggestions for the best summer beaches in Galicia that are easily accessible by car or bus from Santiago de Compostela. Thanks!
Hi there i'm a first time Camino walker - planning for Sept this year. I have a question if anyone can help. We are going with friends but we can't fly out at the same time so we are going to fly...
Hi - I've been waiting to book 2 June from Santiago dC to Madrid - finally the tickets are out! Funnily enough the luxury seats were cheaper than economy seats, so I took one.
I begin my first Camino in mid-May from SJPdP. Due to time constraints related to available PTO, I unfortunately have to skip a few towns along the way if I am to start in SJPdP and end in...
We are leaving May 4th for the Camino, starting in Ponferrada. I tried online to book the Correos Pac Monchila luggage transfer service and it provided a drop down list box of specific...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back