• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Camino patches for backpack

mark stevens

Time of past OR future Camino
back on the Frances in May 2022
Hi guys. I’m looking for anywhere to get a Camino patch for the Caminos I’ve completed for my backpack. Hopefully some with the year on them as well.

Any suggestions welcome

Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-
Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-
I will piggy back on this thread - how do you fasten them to your backpack. I am afraid of the material melting if I try to iron them on (but maybe I am too careful). And I do not wish to sew them on. Is glue the best solution? Or is ironing ok to some degree (pun intended)?

The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.
I will piggy back on this thread - how do you fasten them to your backpack. I am afraid of the material melting if I try to iron them on (but maybe I am too careful). And I do not wish to sew them on. Is glue the best solution? Or is ironing ok to some degree (pun intended)?
In my fairly extensive experience of attaching patches to packs, sewing is the only way that they stay on well.

I put a patch on my first Camino backpack, and I used a good strong fabric glue.

This is a fun and useful site to determine what the best adhesive is for all different kinds of applications.

First thought is to have them sewn on. This prevents them from falling off if glued/ironed on due to weathering and drying of the application substance. Next thought would be to attach to pack using velcro. Patch backside with pack outside. I used this method with Scout shirts. This allowed me to remove the patches for washing shirt without damage to patches.

Ideal pocket guides for during & after your Camino. Each weighs only 1.4 oz (40g)!
In my fairly extensive experience of attaching patches to packs, sewing is the only way that they stay on well.

I put a patch on my first Camino backpack, and I used a good strong fabric glue.

This is a fun and useful site to determine what the best adhesive is for all different kinds of applications.

First thought is to have them sewn on. This prevents them from falling off if glued/ironed on due to weathering and drying of the application substance. Next thought would be to attach to pack using velcro. Patch backside with pack outside. I used this method with Scout shirts. This allowed me to remove the patches for washing shirt without damage to patches.

Cheers everyone for contribution. I'll go with the sewing and see how I go. ps. ordered one for Etsy !

I used a badge adhesive sheet I got for Scouts badges when my kids were still in that. One common brand is Badge Magic. Easily found with Google.

Thank you all! I think I will try fabric glue or that Badge Magic magic you speak of David :-D If they fall of I will consider sawing!

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
I'm not one for putting lots of patches on my backpack, but the Badge Magic sounds awesome!
I was worried about the effects of my sewing attempts on the water resistance of my pack. On the other hand, Scouts use this kind of "cut to shape" sheet adhesive for attaching patches to their uniforms, and we know what they put those uniforms through. :)

Join our full-service guided tour of the Basque Country and let us pamper you!
I’ve used Velcro tabs and they’ve worked amazing. No sewing or glue needed! I’m pretty sure I invented the method 🤣
Simple Method for Attaching Patches to Your Camino de Santiago Hiking Backpack (NO sewing or glue!!)

Wanderlusting Lawyer on YouTube did a short video on how she attached using Velcro dots. This way you can change your mind. I’ve normally sewn mine but I’m thinking of giving this a try, using two dots per patch.
Thanks!!
Simple Method for Attaching Patches to Your Camino de Santiago Hiking Backpack (NO sewing or glue!!)

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
For help with identifying fellow Forum members:

Thanks!!

When changing backpacks, Velcro is a great way of simplifying moving patches or badges from the old backpack to the new one. If I attach a patch, that is the method that I prefer.

Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-

Most read last week in this forum

I have been incredibly inspired by so many stories of loss, pain, diagnosis, or other stories that tug at my heart strings, but one pilgrim, since lost in the threads here, was an 83 year old man...
I started my training walks last fall in preparation for the camino frances this year. This included walking in the mall in bad winter weather (ugh!). My husband was undecided about joining me...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.