• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Camino Photos to cheer someone up...

hecate105

Veteran Member
Time of past OR future Camino
'09 Portuguese Estellas '14 Aurelia '16 St Davids '17 Via Augusta/V dl P. '18/'19 Michael Mary Way
I wanted to post a Camino photo which made me smile earlier today, but I can't work out how to post it! It won't cut n paste so I am at a loss.... Anybody tell me how - in luddite-speak...

The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.
and when I scrolled down to press 'post' behold I saw the button to upload a file - silly me!
Having an awful day with awkward relatives and my stepmum is having to have her elderly,but still beautiful, Saluki put to sleep. My glumness was somewhat relieved by looking at a couple of Camino photos - here!
Has anyone else got pics to cheer up the glums amongst us??pilgrimage part 2 155.jpg winter 2010 044.jpg pilgrimage part 2 155.jpg winter 2010 044.jpg pilgrimage part 2 155.jpg pilgrimage part 2 155.jpg winter 2010 044.jpg

New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!
I think maybe you should have put a limit on the number of photos to include. So difficult to choose just a few, but here goes -
image.jpg
Early morning shadows

image.jpg
Lovely square in Santo Domingo

image.jpg
A cold and frosty morning leaving Castro jeriz

image.jpg
First glimpse of the ocean walking towards Muxia

image.jpg
Sunset at Finisterre

image.jpg
Atop the roof of the cathedral in Santiago - the highlight of my stay in the city

St James' Way - Self-guided 4-7 day Walking Packages, Reading to Southampton, 110 kms
Thank you for the pictures - here are some of mine. Sunrise at Atapuerca, morning glories at Santa Catalina, house in O"Cebreiro, early morning just after ReboleiraIMG_1249 Stone circles Sierra Atapuerca 1.jpgIMG_1555 Santa Catalina morning glory.jpg IMG_1855 O'Cebreiro girasols on house.jpgIMG_1879 Capilla de San Pedro Biduedo.jpg

As a gardener I'm a sucker for all the plant ones. Cherry, is your first one a maze or circles? I'm a little concerned about what Magwood was doing on the roof?! Were you dragged down kicking and screaming by Cathedral guards? or are tours of the roof given... I love Leaning Forward's rainbow - but am worried about the state of your feet - were you really wearing non-matching footwear...!? I am also aghast at the youthfulness of my faithful hound Oaky, he is SO grey now in comparison - we shall have to go a pilgrimage this year or he will have to be carried ALL the way!
These photos have done the job - I feel much better (and nothing to do with the Pusser's Rum....)

As a gardener I'm a sucker for all the plant ones. Cherry, is your first one a maze or circles? I'm a little concerned about what Magwood was doing on the roof?! Were you dragged down kicking and screaming by Cathedral guards? or are tours of the roof given... I love Leaning Forward's rainbow - but am worried about the state of your feet - were you really wearing non-matching footwear...!? I am also aghast at the youthfulness of my faithful hound Oaky, he is SO grey now in comparison - we shall have to go a pilgrimage this year or he will have to be carried ALL the way!
These photos have done the job - I feel much better (and nothing to do with the Pusser's Rum....)
Not sure. I thought the one on top of the Atapuerca Sierra was of circles, but perhaps you could follow them into the center. I was in dire need of breakfast then (which I didn't get for another hour or two) or I might have checked it out. But that morning was spectacular. And tours of the roof are given - my step sister (from Knightsbridge, Devon), who met me in Santiago and did the Fisterre-Muxia bit with me got to do it after my train left. I was so jealous.

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
I'll have to remember that if we get there again - my husband would love to scamper about on the roof! He did a tour of Exeter Cathedral's roof which was extremely interesting - although a tad worrying about the amount of lean up there... I sat outside and waited to get waved at from on high - no head for heights at all!

The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
Not sure. I thought the one on top of the Atapuerca Sierra was of circles, but perhaps you could follow them into the center. I was in dire need of breakfast then (which I didn't get for another hour or two) or I might have checked it out. But that morning was spectacular. And tours of the roof are given - my step sister (from Knightsbridge, Devon), who met me in Santiago and did the Fisterre-Muxia bit with me got to do it after my train left. I was so jealous.
Hi Cherry,
Yes you perfectly correct............concentric circles. Superb photo.

Hi Cherry,
Yes you perfectly correct............concentric circles. Superb photo.
Thank you - watching the sun rise as I walked up there, imagining being there 900,000 years ago, and the crisp clearness of the morning - all well worth the early start.

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
Thanks for lifting my spirits with your contributions - all very beautiful. We had a huge snowstom on Wednesday and 15 more cm predicted for tomorrow. When will I ever get out to walk???

The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.
Sometimes you just have to stop
2usubyty.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1396271803.288884.jpg
y9a7yduj.jpg
gavype8y.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
I've been getting on the cross trainer while watching the YouTube videos of baby Indigo and his family walking the Camino. The combination of exercise and watching lovely Camino footage, including a cute baby, is a sure cheer up.

Most read last week in this forum

Could I ask what may be naive question. This will be my 1st Camino and I will be mostly staying in alberques. Could you please explain the bathroom/shower etiquette to me? I have no idea what...
Do i need both these apps? I want to spend as little time my device as possible so if one app will do fine that’s my preference.
I was planning to document my journey through my blog (or Vlog, as I would probably take lots of videos). I was thinking of using my iPhone, and I ordered a foldable keyboard to facilitate typing...
I did the Norte in 2017. This set off a wild ride of changes in life - shifting many things. I am now at a new plateau and it feels like the right time to do Camino #2, this time the...
Hi to all, I'm looking for a really, really good place (an artist) to get a Tattoo in Santiago, it could be before Santiago but I presume in Santiago I will be ready to have my first one. The...
My daughter and I will be on the Portuguese on June and July starting in Lisbon. We will arrive in Porto about the 27th of June. We want to stay for three nights. Can we stay in an albergue for...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.