• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Camino places to visit in Paris?

Anamya

Keeping it simple
Time of past OR future Camino
Frances (2015)
Portugues (2017)
Lebaniego (2019)
Hi everyone. I may have the chance to be in Paris for a few days later this year and would love to visit some Camino-ey places. Unfortunately no time for walking any route. Would you have any suggestions? It will be my first time in the city :)

The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
Hi everyone. I may have the chance to be in Paris for a few days later this year and would love to visit some Camino-ey places. Unfortunately no time for walking any route. Would you have any suggestions? It will be my first time in the city :)

Just a head’s up on holidays - in 2015 I arrived on May 1, having forgotten this is a holiday in Europe. I think there may have been strikes involved somewhere also. Schedules were completely “off” so I spent a good deal of time hanging about before finally getting to SJPDP. Do check the holiday schedule for all the countries you’ll be be in.

Do check the holiday schedule for all the countries you’ll be be in.

I always do! It will probably be around Easter, so the city will be full of tourists and probably still with strikes :p

My idea is to try to find a central place and do most things walking. And take a camino approach to it relating to closures and strikes... it is just part of the journey. :)

The Tour de Saint Jacques seems like the PERFECT place, now I just need to find accomodation. Marais is a bit expensive, but at the same time, allows me to walk anywhere!

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
The Tour de Saint Jacques seems like the PERFECT place, now I just need to find accomodation. Marais is a bit expensive, but at the same time, allows me to walk anywhere!

I will be spending a few days in Paris before my Camino this May and after learning about the Tour St. Jacques and its historical significance as a traditional starting point it became the first thing on my to-visit list once I get there. I remember reading somewhere that you can even get your pilgrim passport stamped in a building on the park grounds, which (if still true) is pretty darn cool.

As for accommodations, you might want to consider looking around Montparnasse as well - also very walkable, and in my experience less expensive than the Marais.

Last edited:
My last time in Paris I stayed at Timhotel Montmartre 11 Rue Ravignan, Place Emile Goudeau
the very next door was Picasso's house 🙂
you'd be surprized what places you can actually walk to within 15 mins
2 Metro stops (Abbesses & Pigalle) are also very close by
RER B & D are 1km away at Gare du Nord
They also serve breakfast for extra fee but there are enough of cafes around and then tons of various stores on Rue Lepic.....

There are yellow arrows you can follow across Paris. I once took the metro to St Denis, a suburb to the north that used to be its own village, with a cathedral that houses the burial spots of many of the French royal family. Lots of treasures there in the sacristy (costs € to view). There are yellow arrows outside the door (actually pointing in two directions), and the one set leads to downtown Paris. I walked it and it is rather bleak, so not a great use of limited Paris time.

You could follow the arrows from the Tour de Saint Jacques, south across the river and for a few km.

The Louvre has a medieval art collection.

There are some macabre options: the torture museum, the tour of the catacombs.

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.

Most read last week in this forum

Greetings all. I was scheduled to start in Porto in a few days. Went for a 20 km hike yesterday (my longest thus far) and almost didn’t make it. By the time I got home, I could hardly walk...
I have a confession. I am terrified of - and yes now feel free to laugh - the top bed in bunks with no railing/fence (something to stop you falling out). I've managed to get away with it except...
One way or another, you need to see this movie! We were lucky enough this evening to attend the 'World Premiere' that was followed by a Q&A Session with: Writer / Director / Producer - Bill...
Did it make a difference in your short term, long term and lifetime? Did it change your soul..or chain it forevermore to some dusty track in Spain Are you in the ever present because of it, or...
I was looking at the wisepilgrim app for the Frances route and noticed that the distances don't always add up from one side to the other. Has anyone else noticed this? Am I being overly observant...
Today is Sunday and I finished my Camino from León on Friday. The thing is I am feeling off balanced. I feel like I am not done. Last night I started feeling anxious with the thought of going back...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back