• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

camino portuges/norte choices choices

Pedrojock1973

Time of past OR future Camino
Camino Frances 2006 and 2012 St john to sdc
Camino Norte Santander to gijon 2008
so suddenly I have a month leave and my itchy feet want to get back on the trail, I suspect CF might be a bit busy at the mo, via de plata a bit too hot so was thinking portuges or norte. any walkers out there on the trail at the moment, what are the crowds like/availability in albergues at the moment. I have previously done cf couple of times , Santander to Gijon on norte and parts of via de plata but haven't tried the portuges am super flexible and looking for quieter times rather than usual cf crowds although as its a holy year I am not getting my hopes up.

Join our full-service guided tour and let us convert you into a Pampered Pilgrim!
You could probably finish the CP if you start in Lisbon. That is if you care to go to Santiago. If you are going soon it will be hot from Lisbon because there is not alot of shaded areas. It probably will not be too crowded until you get to Porto. It is not like arriving in Sarria but it is more crowded for sure. The interior route will have more pilgrims but the coastal will have more tourists in the towns. I do not know when it lightens up in September. I am sure the same would be true on the first section of the Norte. There are a few different ways to go on the CP. There is alot of information here to help you decide.

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back