• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

COVID Camino Portugués during covid

nyxsi

Time of past OR future Camino
Hello.
My name is Maria. I'm preparing for my third camino. I'm planing to walk from Lisbon to Santiago in September.
Does anyone know how the covid situation affects the pilgrims in Portugal? I'm worried about accommodation.
Do the refugios require a negative test or how does it work?

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
Hello.
My name is Maria. I'm preparing for my third camino. I'm planing to walk from Lisbon to Santiago in September.
Does anyone know how the covid situation affects the pilgrims in Portugal? I'm worried about accommodation.
We are also doing that camino starting out Sept 26th. You need to be double vaccinated to enter the country and I understand many hostel/hotels etc. are requesting proof.

I'm double vaccinated. My last vaccine was 6 months ago. I read online that you need to have a negative test or be vaccinated to enter the country. But the last vaccine can not be more than 180 days . In Denmark the vaccine is valid for a whole year. I would be able to enter Portugal with af negative test, but I'm afraid that the hostels won't accept my vaccinations.

Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-
I'm double vaccinated. My last vaccine was 6 months ago. I read online that you need to have a negative test or be vaccinated to enter the country. But the last vaccine can not be more than 180 days . In Denmark the vaccine is valid for a whole year. I would be able to enter Portugal with af negative test, but I'm afraid that the hostels won't accept my vaccinations.
I am curious, can you please attach a link where you read online that the vaccine cannot be more than 180 days? I was at the Portuguese Embassy site and could not find that information. Thanks!!

I am curious, can you please attach a link where you read online that the vaccine cannot be more than 180 days? I was at the Portuguese Embassy site and could not find that information. Thanks!!
A misunderstanding. It is the Certificate of Recovery that you can get when you had Covid-19 and it was confirmed by a test at the time that must not be be older than 180 days. No such limit for the Certificate of Vaccination.

New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!
A misunderstanding. It is the Certificate of Recovery that you can get when you had Covid-19 and it was confirmed by a test at the time that must not be be older than 180 days. No such limit for the Certificate of Vaccination.
You are truly amazing! Thank you so much for your knowledge and updates. It has kept us informed during our planning. Off we go a week today!

I only have information in danish. It is from the danish embassy in Portugal. Just read it again. Kathar1na is right. I did misunderstand the covid instructions on the embassy site. Thank you for clarifying! What a relief! :)

Thanks! I did find this though, that Vaccination Certificates must be renewed after 180 days and it supposedly easy to do! https://www.expatica.com/pt/news/yo...ion-certificate-is-valid-for-180-days-100755/
I see that this refers to something else again. It concerns people who got vaccinated in Portugal and has nothing to do with the Recovery certificate that I had mentioned earlier. Vaccination certificates issued in Portugal were valid for 180 days, and later people could easily renew them for another 180 days. It is an internal issue for people living in Portugal.

When you travel to Portugal and your are vaccinated, you need a vaccination certificate that is valid, whether it has an expiration date or not - and that depends on the issuing country. The CDC cards have no expiry date. My own certificate, issued by an EU country, has a validity of 1 year from the date of my second Pfizer vaccination.

If your vaccination certificate has an expiry date then that is something to bear in mind as time progresses. ☺️

Last edited:
Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
Hello.
My husband and I will also be walking the Camino from Lisbon, starting on 30 August. We’re going to take it slow, so perhaps we will run into you! Bom Caminho

My husband and I will also be walking the Camino from Lisbon, starting on 30 August. We’re going to take it slow, so perhaps we will run into you! Bom Caminho
We start sept 26 from Lisbon and understand some spots have asked for vaccine confirmation. That is what we will be bringing.

We are also doing that camino starting out Sept 26th. You need to be double vaccinated to enter the country and I understand many hostel/hotels etc. are requesting proof.
Even a negative covid test result is enough of course. You can buy a rapid self test kit (valid 3-4 days) in many markets for a price around 3 euros

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
My daughter started in Oporto on August, 12th.
She had to complete an online form to enter the country (she entered by the airport),
She need a COVID certificate (vaccin or pcr) for occomodations, and it is also sometimes required in bars and restaurants.

Buen Camino
Jean-Luc

We have just finished the coastal route from Porto and you are required to produce either a certificate of vaccination, a recovery certificate or a negative test in order to book into any accomodation in Portugal or to eat or drink inside of bars and restaurants, eating or drinking outside is exempt from that rule.
In Galicia it documentation was only required to eat or drink inside but I believe this rule has since been dropped, even though it wasn't required by law some of the places we stayed did ask to see it so it is always good to have it on you, apart from these covid rules everything else was normal and we had ball.
Buen camino,Stephen.

Today I received notice from a hotel specifically stating that they needed the EU Digital Certificate - has anyone ran into an issue where your USA CDC card was not accepted?

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.

Most read last week in this forum

I would like to walk the river route in Tui next month. I can see on google maps exactly where it starts, but it seems a bit overgrown. Has anybody used this route this year or last year...
Hello, my friend of 50+ years and I are on our first Camino walk. We are looking for: 1) safe, comfortable hostels in Lisbon; 2) stages from Lisbon to Porto (via Tomar) in about 16 days...
Hi I have searched everywhere to see if there is a luggage service from Lisbon to Porto. I know there is from Porto to Santiago, but Lisbon ???. Thanks for any info.

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back