Search over 55.000 Camino Questions

A donation to the forum removes ads for you, and supports Ivar in his work running it

Advertisement
Create your own ad
€1,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
Camino Masks
12 different designs, shipped world wide from Santiago.

Camino Português in October

Patry

Year of past OR future Camino
I did the Camino Frances. I want to do the Camino Português next autumn.
Hi to everyone. Two years ago I did the Camino Frances in January. I knew exactly that I needed winter dresses. Now I'm planning to do the Camino Português next end of September or in October, from Lisboa to Santiago. I don't understand at all if I need summer or winter dresses. I have got only winter clothes.
Thank you for helping me.

Camino Way Markers
Original Camino Way markers made in bronze. Two models, one from Castilla & Leon and the other from Galicia.
Camino Masks
12 different designs, shipped world wide from Santiago.

HeidiL

Veteran Member
Francés (2004-), Portugués, Madrid, 4/5 Plata, 1/8 Levante, 1/8 Lana, Augusta, hospitalera Grado.
Summer clothes, but with a fleece jacket for evenings and maybe a scarf. If you're worried about cold, bringing a woollen hat and gloves won't weight your pack down too much.

If your legs get cold, maybe zip-off trousers for morning walking. In the afternoon, you'll probably wish for shorts, unless there's an unexpected cold period.

(Portugal is a good place to buy an extra sweater should you need one, they have excellent quality wool.)

Patry

I did the Camino Frances. I want to do the Camino Português next autumn.
Thank you for answering me. My problem is that I have everything for winter but I can't think that in October is summer in Portugal.

santaremhostel

Hi Patry,
This summer in Portugal was very hot, during July, August and September always above 30º celcius and some days above 40º like tomorrow, according to the forecast will be 43º celcius. It was not a "normal" / expected summertime. However, you should not expect summertime in October. I would say 20º celcius and some showers but not often, just one day or two, according to the weather forecast. I will let you know if we will have another unexpected hot summer or a heavy winter in October ;) Bom Caminho

HeidiL

Veteran Member
Francés (2004-), Portugués, Madrid, 4/5 Plata, 1/8 Levante, 1/8 Lana, Augusta, hospitalera Grado.
I've been to Lisbon in early late October/November three times. Though the local ladies wear fur coats, I wear summer-weight clothes when the weather is 15 - 20 Centigrade. For a Norwegian, that's a good average temperature for July!

http://www.holiday-weather.com/lisbon/averages/

I'd also bear in mind that you will wear a backpack, which tends to keep your back quite warm.

Silver Oxide Camino de Santiago pendent
Camino de Santiago pendant that has a shell on the front, and "Camino de Santiago" engraved on the back. Comes with a black cord. Pendent is slightly larger than a 50 euro cent coin, about 25mm.
Camino Magnets
A collection of Camino Fridge Magnets

Jakke

Eleven different ones in Poland, Finland, Portugal and Spain
Rain is expected Sept. 14th - the day I'll arrive. I sure hope it signals the end of the tropical temperatures. Also Finns like it less hot!

Rainerbernd

On St James ways since 1971
Hi to everyone. Two years ago I did the Camino Frances in January. I knew exactly that I needed winter dresses. Now I'm planning to do the Camino Português next end of September or in October, from Lisboa to Santiago. I don't understand at all if I need summer or winter dresses. I have got only winter clothes.
Thank you for helping me.

Olá Patry, before you start, check the 10-days forecast on:
https://www.ipma.pt/en/otempo/prev.localidade/

Bom caminho, Rainer

Did not find what you were looking for? Search here

Popular Resources

“All” Albergues on the Camino Frances in one pdf ivar
  • Featured
“All” Albergues on the Camino Frances in one pdf
4.95 star(s) 100 ratings
Downloads
Updated