• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Camino Português in October

Patry

Time of past OR future Camino
I did the Camino Frances. I want to do the Camino Português next autumn.
Hi to everyone. Two years ago I did the Camino Frances in January. I knew exactly that I needed winter dresses. Now I'm planning to do the Camino Português next end of September or in October, from Lisboa to Santiago. I don't understand at all if I need summer or winter dresses. I have got only winter clothes.
Thank you for helping me.

New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!
Summer clothes, but with a fleece jacket for evenings and maybe a scarf. If you're worried about cold, bringing a woollen hat and gloves won't weight your pack down too much.

If your legs get cold, maybe zip-off trousers for morning walking. In the afternoon, you'll probably wish for shorts, unless there's an unexpected cold period.

(Portugal is a good place to buy an extra sweater should you need one, they have excellent quality wool.)

Thank you for answering me. My problem is that I have everything for winter but I can't think that in October is summer in Portugal.

Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-
Hi Patry,
This summer in Portugal was very hot, during July, August and September always above 30º celcius and some days above 40º like tomorrow, according to the forecast will be 43º celcius. It was not a "normal" / expected summertime. However, you should not expect summertime in October. I would say 20º celcius and some showers but not often, just one day or two, according to the weather forecast. I will let you know if we will have another unexpected hot summer or a heavy winter in October ;) Bom Caminho

I've been to Lisbon in early late October/November three times. Though the local ladies wear fur coats, I wear summer-weight clothes when the weather is 15 - 20 Centigrade. For a Norwegian, that's a good average temperature for July!

http://www.holiday-weather.com/lisbon/averages/

I'd also bear in mind that you will wear a backpack, which tends to keep your back quite warm.

Rain is expected Sept. 14th - the day I'll arrive. I sure hope it signals the end of the tropical temperatures. Also Finns like it less hot!

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
Hi to everyone. Two years ago I did the Camino Frances in January. I knew exactly that I needed winter dresses. Now I'm planning to do the Camino Português next end of September or in October, from Lisboa to Santiago. I don't understand at all if I need summer or winter dresses. I have got only winter clothes.
Thank you for helping me.

Olá Patry, before you start, check the 10-days forecast on:
https://www.ipma.pt/en/otempo/prev.localidade/

Bom caminho, Rainer

Most read last week in this forum

Dear people, In April, we will cycle from Seville to Santiago de Compostella on our recumbent tandem. It will be our first time cycling a camino and we are really looking forward to it. After...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back