• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Camino Portugues - 4 days walking to SdC

m00nman

Neil and Craig in Pontedueme - 2012
Time of past OR future Camino
Ingles (2012, 2019), Norte (Hendaya - Gernika, (2013, 2019), Ourense, (2014), Portugues Oct (2017).
Hi everyone,

Here I am back on looking for all of your hints tips and advice for a trip to walk to Santiago in October (2017).

There are x6 of us and we are flying into Vigo to start another walk. We only have x4 days of walking available so are keen to keep as close to the 100K as we can...question 1; is Vigo city to SdC 100K...to qualify for the Compostela? I'm a bit concerned it is just under and I'd hate any of us to be disappointed when we arrive only to be told we hadn't walked far enough.

I have looked at Tui which might be an option and Baiona which will be a tad too far for us...so any ideas would be welcome...one of the guys suggested even walking out from the airport itself but again it looks too short!

Our second problem is that one of our team has been having back problems and isn't sure he will be able to walk every day so is considering doing a few kilometres with the rest of us before getting some form of transport and heading on to meet us arriving each day. What do you think re car hire, would you have any recommendations? I was also thinking about public transport which might be a better option too?

Any thoughts, no matter how small, please give me a shout as we need to consider all options...

Buen Camino!

New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!
Tui would be the place, but you'd be doing over 25 kms/day. O Porriño centre is 99 kms, meaning that you could technically could get a stamp just before town and walk the last 100.

All the towns on the CP are well connected by public transport, train or bus. So that is perhaps your best option. Even taxis are an option, charging around a euro/km. Any bar can/will provide numbers etc.

Consider hiring a transport service for your friend's backpack, they do a cheap godd job of getting packs from a to b to c; and without the weight he/she may be able to walk it.

Good luck and Buen Camino!

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
I was going to ask a similar question, which is about the availability of Uber or Lyft cars on the Camino Portugese.
With the longer stages each day on the CP which will require keeping to a schedule I am not sure we can manage on foot the entire way, I am wondering about the options between stages, should we need to ask for four-wheel assistance while in the countryside.

Sorry if this is off-topic from the OP's question.

I was going to ask a similar question, which is about the availability of Uber or Lyft cars on the Camino Portugese.
With the longer stages each day on the CP which will require keeping to a schedule I am not sure we can manage on foot the entire way, I am wondering about the options between stages, should we need to ask for four-wheel assistance while in the countryside.
Dont count on those services.
Taxi, bus and train will be your options.

Sorry if this is off-topic from the OP's question.
You don't HAVE to keep to Brierly's stages, you know. I have split his 10 into 13. A couple of them are long, but they are bookended by some lighter days. I can do a few long days if I'm well- rested in between!

Ideal pocket guides for during & after your Camino. Each weighs only 1.4 oz (40g)!
You don't HAVE to keep to Brierly's stages, you know. I have split his 10 into 13. A couple of them are long, but they are bookended by some lighter days. I can do a few long days if I'm well- rested in between!
Hi sarah,
Actually, yes we do if we are to complete the Porto to Santiago route in 11 days of walking. It would be nice to have more time, but that is the long and short of it. We are breaking one stage to stay at Casa Fernanda, but that is our only slip day we can afford.
Bom Caminho!

Hi sarah,
Actually, yes we do if we are to complete the Porto to Santiago route in 11 days of walking. It would be nice to have more time, but that is the long and short of it. We are breaking one stage to stay at Casa Fernanda, but that is our only slip day we can afford.
Bom Caminho!
Ahhh, I get it! That was one of the reasons I broke the stages up, too! Bom Caminho to you!

Ideal pocket guides for during & after your Camino. Each weighs only 1.4 oz (40g)!

Most read last week in this forum

A piece from La Voz de Galicia commenting on the remarkable growth in numbers walking the Camino Portugues and especially the Coastal variant. The president of the local Amigos association...
Do I need to bring my own pillow & pillow case for albergues?
My friend is currently on the Camino Portuguese - a route that he has walked before and has now seen a number of markings as below. What does the Red Cross out signify?
Greetings fellow pilgrims! I'm planning our journey from Porto to Vigo, beginning on Senda Litoral and eventually merging into the coastal route. Does anyone have recommendations a good place to...
Hi, Has anyone stayed in Armenteira recently? I’ve contacted Victor the Taxi to try and reserve a bunk at the Slbuergue de peregrinos. He told me to contact “ Albergue de San Ero de Armenteira”...
Hi I start to walk the Central on April 24th from Porto and need to send a suitcase to IVAR in Santiago for storage. Has anyone done this and if so did you use DHL or another courier company and...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back