A donation to the forum removes ads for you, and supports Ivar in his work running it

Camino Forum Store

Advertisement

Camino Portugues - Coastal vs Central

It appears most messages in this forum in the past few weeks referring to the Coastal route of Camino Portugues, seldom mentioning the Central route. In addition, there is no sub-forum for the Central route in this forum.

#1 - Is it most pilgrims are on the Coastal route in this time of a year, May / June? (Some pilgrims would begin their pilgrimage on Coastal route than re-route to the Central route.)
#2 - There is nothing worth mentioning on the Central route?
#3 - As I am planning my next pilgrimage on the Central route next May and I'm hungry for information about it. Where are this information available?

Many thanks in advance,

DF

Advertisment

jsalt

Jill
Donating Member
Camino(s) past & future
Portugués, Francés, Le Puy, Rota Vicentina, De Soulac, Norte, Madrid-Salv-Primitivo
In addition, there is no sub-forum for the Central route in this forum.
Hi DF, there is no subforum for the Central Route because the main Camino Portugues forum (where you have posted this message) is about the Central Route. (Yes, I agree, it’s confusing!)

Most people walk the Central Route. You should be able to find a lot of info about it if you use the search facility. Any specific questions, just ask, and we’ll try and provide answers.

The Coastal Route is relatively new, so lots of people are now enquiring about it.

The Variante Espiritual is very new.

Happy planning.

Jill

Camino(s) past & future
Camino Portugués (May 2012)
Coastal Camino Portugués (October 2013)
Camino Inglés (planning for ?)
It appears most messages in this forum in the past few weeks referring to the Coastal route of Camino Portugues, seldom mentioning the Central route. In addition, there is no sub-forum for the Central route in this forum.

#1 - Is it most pilgrims are on the Coastal route in this time of a year, May / June? (Some pilgrims would begin their pilgrimage on Coastal route than re-route to the Central route.)
#2 - There is nothing worth mentioning on the Central route?
#3 - As I am planning my next pilgrimage on the Central route next May and I'm hungry for information about it. Where are this information available?

Many thanks in advance,

DF
I walked both and loved both.

Anamya

Keeping it simple
Camino(s) past & future
Camino Frances (2015)
Camino Portugues (2017)
Norte/Liebana (Planning)
I did Central last year and loved it.

Porto is an amaing city, and Barcelos is suuuper cute. the food along the route is beyond amazing.

Going central you can also stop at Casa da Fernanda, a lovely lady that welcomes peregrinos at her house is a way almost unbelievable. (She told me her dream is one day to welcome Celine Dion at her place, so if any of you know the singer, please let her know!).

And for all that is said about Cebreiro in the CF... the Alto da Portela was way more challenging, imho. But it was also the day my salami sanduich tasted the best, because I was SO HUNGRY when I finished that hill! :D

If you can read basic Spanish, the website https://www.gronze.com/camino-portugues is a great source of information.

Camino(s) past & future
Português, Francês ,Primitivo, Norte ,Portuguesa pela Costa ,Inglês
Hi pilgrims Buen Camino . I'm Guilherme , i already have walked and biked the camino portuguese . In on month i will e walking again the portuguese way. But before In the next two weeks I will be the hospitalero on the albergue "Casa de Recoleta" in Tamel ! Im very happy and ansious and look forward to give all a warm welcome!!!!

Advertisment

Ed Aster

Camino(s) past & future
Frances May 2017
Just finished the Coastl route and loved it. Walking along the coast was an added treat along with good stretches of forest and farm fields.
\Buon Camino

Camino(s) past & future
Camino Frances 2015, Camino Portugues 2017, Camino Finisterre 2017, Le Puy Route (Sept. 2018)
I did Central last year and loved it.

Porto is an amaing city, and Barcelos is suuuper cute. the food along the route is beyond amazing.

Going central you can also stop at Casa da Fernanda, a lovely lady that welcomes peregrinos at her house is a way almost unbelievable. (She told me her dream is one day to welcome Celine Dion at her place, so if any of you know the singer, please let her know!).

And for all that is said about Cebreiro in the CF... the Alto da Portela was way more challenging, imho. But it was also the day my salami sanduich tasted the best, because I was SO HUNGRY when I finished that hill! :D

If you can read basic Spanish, the website https://www.gronze.com/camino-portugues is a great source of information.
I agree about Casa da Fernanda. What an amazing woman.

OLDER threads on this topic

Advertisement

Most read today

Most downloaded Resources

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Forum Store

Camino Forum Store

Casa Ivar Newsletter

Forum Donation

Forum Donation
For those with no forum account, it is possible to donate here as well. Thank you for your support! Ivar

When is the best time to walk?

• January

Votes: 7 1.2%
  • February

Votes: 3 0.5%
  • March

Votes: 26 4.4%
  • April

Votes: 94 15.9%
  • May

Votes: 154 26.1%
  • June