• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Camino Portugues in April

ajones

Time of past OR future Camino
Portuguese - April 2015
Hello AGAIN,

I walked from Valença to Santiago in April, announced my arrival upon returning to the U.S., and then stayed off this forum till today. Although it was my intention to stay active on the forum after retuning, lot's of stuff has happened that prevented me from doing so. I'll spare you the details/excuses/reasons.

I just want to introduce myself again and thank everyone that helped me before I went on my journey. In addition, I'd like to make myself available to help anyone that has questions regarding my experience walking the Camino Portugues alone.

Lastly, I've have finally (somewhat) updated my daily Camino blog and (reluctantly) made it public. I plan on keep updating it as I am really enjoying re-living the experience.
I'll be writing about gear, clothing, shoes, and things that I would do differently very soon. Btw, the blog was originally typed on a cell phone so please, please, please, forgive all the typos ;-)

Cheers and bom caminho to all.

Aida.
http://camino.aidajones.me/

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
Thanks for sharing our info, Aida!
We plan to do CP March next year. How was the weather, in general? Your pictures look sunny (except for the last 2 days)! :D

St James' Way - Self-guided 4-7 day Walking Packages, Reading to Southampton, 110 kms
Thanks for sharing our info, Aida!
We plan to do CP March next year. How was the weather, in general? Your pictures look sunny (except for the last 2 days)! :D

@Anamya, the weather was mostly nice early April. The day I walked from Tuí to O Porriño was the warmest. And then the temperature started going down. For two days I walked on pouring rain and by the time I got to Ames (about 9km from Santiago) it was very cold and it even hailed. Once I arrived in Santiago, the temperature was still low but it wasn't raining anymore. I loved the days I walked on the rain - they my favorite... somehow it felt very relaxing ;-)

Hello AGAIN,

I walked from Valença to Santiago in April, announced my arrival upon returning to the U.S., and then stayed off this forum till today. Although it was my intention to stay active on the forum after retuning, lot's of stuff has happened that prevented me from doing so. I'll spare you the details/excuses/reasons.

I just want to introduce myself again and thank everyone that helped me before I went on my journey. In addition, I'd like to make myself available to help anyone that has questions regarding my experience walking the Camino Portugues alone.

Lastly, I've have finally (somewhat) updated my daily Camino blog and (reluctantly) made it public. I plan on keep updating it as I am really enjoying re-living the experience.
I'll be writing about gear, clothing, shoes, and things that I would do differently very soon. Btw, the blog was originally typed on a cell phone so please, please, please, forgive all the typos ;-)

Cheers and bom caminho to all.

Aida.
http://camino.aidajones.me/
Hi Aida, welcome back. I loved reading your blog and I liked your pictures aswell. After my Camino Frances this year, my wife and I decided to walk from Porto next year.
Wish you well, Peter.

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
Well done Aida and thanks for posting the link to your blog I really enjoyed reading it. By the way, I am originally from San Leandro and am half Portuguese. One of these days I would like the walk the Portuguese route to Santiago.

Hi Aida, welcome back. I loved reading your blog and I liked your pictures aswell. After my Camino Frances this year, my wife and I decided to walk from Porto next year.
Wish you well, Peter.

Thanks @Peter Fransiscus! The Camino is contagious isn't it? After walking the Portuguese this year, my husband decided to walk the French one with me next year! We'll probably keep it short like I did and try for late March /early April!

Well done Aida and thanks for posting the link to your blog I really enjoyed reading it. By the way, I am originally from San Leandro and am half Portuguese. One of these days I would like the walk the Portuguese route to Santiago.

Thanks @Mike Savage! I've been in the Bay Area for about 16 years and I love it! Do you speak Portuguese? Good luck with your Camino in September!

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
Thanks @Mike Savage! I've been in the Bay Area for about 16 years and I love it! Do you speak Portuguese? Good luck with your Camino in September!

Unfortunately I do not speak Portuguese. When I was growing up I would spend summers with my Great Grandmother but Portuguese was seldom spoken when I was around. I really miss sweet bread and linguisa and kale soup though!

Walked Leon to Santiago in May, 2014. Plan to do Porto to Santiago in May, 2016. Will look forward to visiting your blog when time to leave gets closer. Buen Camino.

Most read last week in this forum

My final question since I have asked sooo many. Grabbing a light lunch that I can get on the go, hoping to grab it, and find a square or a bench to enjoy it, then get back to walking. Not really...
Hello everyone! My wife and I are doing our first Camino in Sept and I was very curious about the stretch from Tui to Pontevedra. We have been to Spain multiple times and love the small towns...
Dear all, I have done Camino Frances, Norte and Primitivo and would like to ask about Portuges. I have some soul-searching to do and would love to walk a part of it, unfortunately only a part...
We arrived in Lisbon yesterday, 48 hrs (by choice via Singapore, Milan and Madrid) after leaving home from regional South Australia. Train to Porto tomorrow hitting the pilgram path on Saturday to...
Hello, I lost my GoPro with all my pictures on the Camino between Pedra Furada and Aborim last week. Is there a lost and found in SDC? Any other ideas? Thanks and Buen Camino.

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back