• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Camino Portugues in February

timjongun

Time of past OR future Camino
Camino de Portugese
Hello all,

My father and I are looking to do the interior route for the Camino Portugues in February.

Looking to do the interior route from Lisbon all the way to Santiago.

If anyone had some tips and/or rough itinerary to follow that would be great.

Thanks in advance for any feedback you give.

Buen camino!

Join our full-service guided tour of the Basque Country and let us pamper you!
Hello all,

My father and I are looking to do the interior route for the Camino Portugues in February.

Looking to do the interior route from Lisbon all the way to Santiago.

If anyone had some tips and/or rough itinerary to follow that would be great.

Thanks in advance for any feedback you give.

Buen camino!

I’d suggest that you buy the Brierley guide to the Camino Portuguese, it’ll have everything you need. To ensure that you’re always on the route, If you have a smartphone (iOS or Android) I’d suggest that you download the app maps.me and then download some electronic KML files from a Dutch site (https://www.santiago.nl/downloads#portugal.) Maps.me will allow you to download detailed maps of Portugal and Spain which you’ll be able to see off line. If in addition you have the kml files, you’ll be able to see that you’re on the correct route whenever you want. You can’t possibly get lost 😊

Cheers

This is what maps.me looks like for Spain and Portugal with the kml files loaded. The coloured lines are the various Camino routes. Having also downloaded the Spanish and Portuguese offline maps, I can zoom in to street detail level at any point on the map irrespective of whether I have phone coverage.

Attachments

• 2081337E-7C3A-4155-8BBA-CD05628BBE92.png
    2081337E-7C3A-4155-8BBA-CD05628BBE92.png
    1.2 MB · Views: 45
A selection of Camino Jewellery
Hey guys ! What are you thinking , in February it’s a good idea walking the way with Porto to Santiago near ocean? Or near ocean a lot of rains? And what about alberques, they open all year?

Hey guys ! What are you thinking , in February it’s a good idea walking the way with Porto to Santiago near ocean? Or near ocean a lot of rains? And what about alberques, they open all year?
I walked the coastal Porto to Santiago Jan 17th to 29th + Variante Espiritual, 12 days in total including 3 days of Espiritual. All municipal albergues are open, the private one in Mougas as well. We walked the 3rd day of Espiritual as well, as the boat in winter is 150euros. Some rain, some sunshine. And plenty of flowers :) My day by day blog is in Russian but you can get the jist, pics speak for themselves :)https://anna-camino.livejournal.com/5457.html Even Jan was great to walk and Feb should be warmer

A guide to speaking Spanish on the Camino - enrich your pilgrim experience.

Most read last week in this forum

Do I need to bring my own pillow & pillow case for albergues?
My friend is currently on the Camino Portuguese - a route that he has walked before and has now seen a number of markings as below. What does the Red Cross out signify?
Bom dia dear pilgrims, I plan on returning to Portugal this summer, after walking the Salvador + Primitivo. I have a few questions: - What is the easiest way to get from SdC to Coimbra? I assume...
Hi I start to walk the Central on April 24th from Porto and need to send a suitcase to IVAR in Santiago for storage. Has anyone done this and if so did you use DHL or another courier company and...
Hi, Has anyone stayed in Armenteira recently? I’ve contacted Victor the Taxi to try and reserve a bunk at the Slbuergue de peregrinos. He told me to contact “ Albergue de San Ero de Armenteira”...
Arriving in Valença around noon and I need to get to my hostel in Tui. I would like to conserve my energy and time, so can I take a taxi from Valença Bus station to take me to my hostel in Tui...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back