• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Camino Portugues in late September and Early October?

Suz Siberia

Time of past OR future Camino
Frances
Hi - I have only 14 days from late September to mid October - I was planning on walking from Porto to Santiago which I think should be fine -but..... I really dont like walking in very hot weather.... - at that time of year would those weeks be cooler on the Le Puy (a section of it) or would autumn weather be slightly cooler than summer? many thanks suz

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
Hi - I have only 14 days from late September to mid October - I was planning on walking from Porto to Santiago which I think should be fine -but..... I really dont like walking in very hot weather.... - at that time of year would those weeks be cooler on the Le Puy (a section of it) or would autumn weather be slightly cooler than summer? many thanks suz

Unfortunately, none of us here can predict the weather for you for those exact 14 days. So choose your route, go, and prepare for the worst but hope for the best. If it’s hot, then start walking at first light and stop at midday. If it’s pouring with rain, get out your raincoat or poncho. And if you know it’s going to rain the next day, buy a cheap umbrella from a China Store (lots of those in Portugal and Spain). Have fun!

Hi Suz,

I walked from Porto to Santiago last year starting on the 29th September and I didn't find it too hot. It was chilly in the mornings first thing and after around 10am it was t-shirt weather. Again, you would need a jumper in the evenings.

We had no rain to speak of, just one shower on one day. I thought the weather was ideal. Obviously, that's not to say it will be the same this year.:cool:

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-

You'll be fine, last 5 years it's been warm but not hot, and the evenings cool off. Then again, it could rain... Galicia and northern Portugal are green for a reason.

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
We walked from Lisbon at the beginning of September in 2017. Very hot for the first couple of weeks. Mid 30 degree days and a lot of 30 plus klm days.

I'm hoping to walk from Porto to Santiago, starting sometime around the 1st of September. I walked the Camino Frances in 2017 in April - in 33 days we only had 2 days with rain, and only for a few hours! It was epic weather. Hoping for more of the same.

Any suggestions on coastal vs inland for someone who has walked the Frances from SJPDP?

Thanks.

I started From Porto on the 19th September and the weather was great not a drop of rain just a little morning fog sometimes. Some days were pretty hot in the 30s but also balanced out with temps in the low 20's very pleasant walking weather. The interior route was just beautiful highly recommend it. Vairao, barcellinos, rubbiaes, Pontevedra ponte de Lima, tui just beautiful. I felt the last few days of Spain to Santiago were nice but not as beautiful so savour Portugal

The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
in the northwest of Portugal and the southwest of Galicia it may shine or rain. That's why it is so green . Due to the climate changes you can encounter heavy winds at the coast or hot sunshine. It is all in the game. The weather is unpredictable unfortunately. Take your Altus poncho with you !

Pega bem e bom caminho

Most read last week in this forum

I would like to walk the river route in Tui next month. I can see on google maps exactly where it starts, but it seems a bit overgrown. Has anybody used this route this year or last year...
Hello, my friend of 50+ years and I are on our first Camino walk. We are looking for: 1) safe, comfortable hostels in Lisbon; 2) stages from Lisbon to Porto (via Tomar) in about 16 days...
Hi I have searched everywhere to see if there is a luggage service from Lisbon to Porto. I know there is from Porto to Santiago, but Lisbon ???. Thanks for any info.

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back