• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Camino Portugues Interior in November

Toschu

Time of past OR future Camino
Walking the Camino in 2016
Hey,

Im thinking about walking from Viseu to Santiago next week before starting a new job and I already found a lot of information.
But can anybody tell me here if there will be enough albergues open?
I like as an example this map
caminho+portugues+do+interior-2.jpg

Would it be "safer" to walk on the central or coastal route for accomandation?

I already walked the Camino Frances in April/May.

Cheers,
Tobi

Last edited:
New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!
Hey,

Im thinking about walking from Viseu to Santiago next week before starting a new job and I already found a lot of information.
But can anybody tell me here if there will be enough albergues open?
I like as an example this map
caminho+portugues+do+interior-2.jpg

Would it be "safer" to walk on the central or coastal route?

I already walked the Camino Frances in April/May.

Cheers,
Tobi
Olá Tobi ! Nice idea to make a new job start and taking time for some thinking and selfreflecting during the caminho.

I can tell you that I saw a small part of this route last May and it is beautiful. Challenging because it is a mostly accidented area.lots of climbing.
I walked the central and coastal route and both are far easier to do than the caminho Português Interior from Viseu !

I bet you get more reactions from pilgrims who walked the whole part.

Bom caminho

Albertinho: Thanks for your infos. That's what I'm looking forward to, a little challenge :)
amsimoes: That helps me a lot. Didn't know about that area, looks really great. If I'm lucky the vineyard could be still in some autumn colors which started now in my homearea in the southwest of Germany. (lots of vineyard) Also it is still really warm in Portugal and that will change in one week... could be perfect.

I found an another picture with some different albergues
PT_503_V01__2015_Caminho_Portugues_interior.jpg

and http://www.cpisantiago.pt/albergues/ which mentions the St. Joseph Retreat House, so should be enough.

Thanks!

Last edited:
Ideal pocket guides for during & after your Camino. Each weighs only 1.4 oz (40g)!
I just found this really amazing website http://www.urcamino.com/
It shows different routes, with map and the accommodation possibilities... and all kind of information you need to know about them + a automatic route planner

Last edited:
Hello Toschu
I was just wondering if you started the Interior Camino? I am also planning to do it in November and currently debating between central and interior. Thanks

Based on the map above, does it mean it will take about 21 days from Farminhao to SdC? For those who have done it, can you share how many days did you take? I am planning to start from Viseu in March.

New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back