• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Camino Portugues - May 2015

Dear Restless,
I will also be doing Azambuja to Santarem on 2 nd May ..will be staying at Flora Azambuja..will be glad to join you. Will stay at Santarem two nights as I plan to visit Fatima on the 3rd.
Thanks for letting me know, ..thanks also Mario

Buen Camino
Will continue for Golega on the 4th..

New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!
Will continue for Golega on the 4th..
Hi Ray,

I also plan on going to Golega on the 4th from Santarem. However my plan is to walk from Santarem to Vale de Figueira on May 3rd. (this distance is approximately 10k per Mario.) From there I will catch the train back to Santarem. The next morning on May 4th I will catch the train back to Vale de Figueria and start walking to Golega from there. (This will give me about a 15k day.) I am trying to give myself some easy days prior to four straight 30k days.

Either way it looks like we will be in Santarem for two days together.

Dear Restless,
I will also be doing Azambuja to Santarem on 2 nd May ..will be staying at Flora Azambuja..will be glad to join you. Will stay at Santarem two nights as I plan to visit Fatima on the 3rd.
Thanks for letting me know, ..thanks also Mario

Buen Camino
Hi Ray,

I would be glad to join you on the walk from Azambuja to Santarem. I am not sure where Flora is in Azambuja. (I will be staying at the new pilgrims only alberque on Rua Engenheiro Moniz da Maia. This is in Laurie Reynolds guide book.) I tried looking for Flora on the web and couldn't find it. Please let me know the address and I will try to find you.

Bom Caminho

A guide to speaking Spanish on the Camino - enrich your pilgrim experience.
Hi Ray,

I would be glad to join you on the walk from Azambuja to Santarem. I am not sure where Flora is in Azambuja. (I will be staying at the new pilgrims only alberque on Rua Engenheiro Moniz da Maia. This is in Laurie Reynolds guide book.) I tried looking for Flora on the web and couldn't find it. Please let me know the address and I will try to find you.

Bom Caminho
Thank you for your remark. I stand to be corrected ..more precisely its Residencial Flor de Primavera, Rua Conselheiro Francisco Arouca almost near the bridge to the train station.
Will be glad to meet you there. Will leave for Santarem morning 2nd May.
Buen Camino,

They are not very fast in answering emails. I sent them earlier an email and never got an answer .I understood they are Canadians and not allways present in Portugal so I do not understand how they can run a hostal or albergue.
Anyway this is the emailaddress they once answered me.
quintaestradaromana@gmail.com

I can recommend the Quinta Estrada Romana as I've stayed there in May 2014 (when is was not completely ready). The place is really worthwhile to stay and renovated in style.
Their website is: www.beautifulboot.com with phone: 351 251 837 333 .
They might have been away for the winter months.
In my opinion this place has great potential for a lot of recommendations once more peregrino's have stayed!

I can recommend the Quinta Estrada Romana as I've stayed there in May 2014 (when is was not completely ready). The place is really worthwhile to stay and renovated in style.
Their website is: www.beautifulboot.com with phone: 351 251 837 333 .
They might have been away for the winter months.
In my opinion this place has great potential for a lot of recommendations once more peregrino's have stayed!
I am sure it will be. However I will go for the coastal next week so I have to wait for another opportunity to find out.
Thanks for posting anyway.
Groeten uit Rotterdam
Albertinho

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
Hi Ray
You will be in Santarem Hostel with Restless and probably will walk together the stage Azambuja-Santarém.
Or will you do Azambuja-Porto de Muge-Santarem?

Hi Mario,
Looking forward for next week's departure from Lisbon ..will see you at Santarem Hostel afternoon of the 2nd May. Will be a long day from Azambuja. Planning to meet restless over there and walk to Santarem together.
Regards,
Ray

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
I've seen the same link you've posted, plus Brierley mentions it in this year's edition of his guide. Planning to walk it in June. Albertinho and his wife will be there in a couple of weeks.
We do not go as far as O Porriño but have been there before.

Our itinerary is as follows as being a combination of 3 caminhos.

We start tuesday 28th of april next on the caminho Português central in Vairão close to the Porto airport and Vilarinho on the caminho (not the Matosinhos to Vila do Conde detour this time)
We walk as far as São Pedro de Rates or maybe Pedra Furada

From there to Barcelos where we stay 2 nights to have the opportunity to visit a friend in Braga.
Then we go on to Casa da Fernanda where we will stay another two nights to meet you ..other pilgrims and have a nice time with Fernanda and Jacinto ,

From there we will take the train to Viana do Castelo on the caminho Portuges da Costa.
Next day we will walk to Vila Praia de Ãncora and the day after to Caminha or a Guarda
From there to Oia and next day to Mougas
Next stop is Baiona en from there to Nigrán
On May 10 th we will be in Vigo where we will stay two nights.
We'll continue to Redondela on the caminho central again
And next day to Pontevedra.
Here we sitch to the Variant Spiritual do caminho Português, the so called ruta de Salnés. First day to the albergue in Armenteira and the second day to Vlia Nova de Arousa.
There waits a boat who sails to Pontecessures on the caminho central close by Padrón.
Next stop will be Teo a Casalonga and the final day 18th of May we'll arrive in Santiago where we will stay two nights .
20 th we go back to Porto by bus and stay two nights there before we fly home on the 22nd.

We are looking forward to be on the caminho
We will leave home sunday next and stay overnight in a hotel close to the Eindhoven airport because monday 27th our Dutch King HM Willem Alexander celebrates his birthday which is a national holidayin the Netherlands and the city of Eindhoven attracts hundreds of thousands of people to celebrate this so the trains will be packed and our flight will be at midday so we do not risk getting into the full trains.

Enjoy !:) We hope to eventually read about your experiences.
When in Santiago, do say hello to Ivar (we'll meet him early June);)
Thank you Adriaan!
On behalf of you we willl greet Santiago and about!:)

You can follow us on our blog -both english and dutch so you are served well.
Hope to start with it tomorrow if wifi is available.

http://caminho-portuges-da-costa.reismee.nl

Un saludo deste lado do mundo

Albertinho

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
Hi Mario,
Looking forward for next week's departure from Lisbon ..will see you at Santarem Hostel afternoon of the 2nd May. Will be a long day from Azambuja. Planning to meet restless over there and walk to Santarem together.
Regards,
Ray
Hi Raymond, yes it will be a long 32Km day. Please note that Porto de Muge or Morgado is the last place where you have a coffee shop or water refill. After that you have a 15Km lonely walk ending on a final climb to Santarém. I f you need any assistance just call me +(351) 965832702
See you soon!
Bom Caminho
Mario

Looking at the weather forecasts for the coming four days in the North, entering Spain, it would appear to be very wet all days long. Get your Altus or other raingear prepared!:(

Hi Raymond, yes it will be a long 32Km day. Please note that Porto de Muge or Morgado is the last place where you have a coffee shop or water refill. After that you have a 15Km lonely walk ending on a final climb to Santarém. I f you need any assistance just call me +(351) 965832702
See you soon!
Bom Caminho
Mario
Thankyou Mario for this mail..I am now at residencial Flor de Primavera in Azambuja. I hope to be able to leave early tomorrow for Samtarem. I took note of your number in case of any difficulty and hope to arrive there early. I will stock with enough water and a snack. See you there. Ray

New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!
Thankyou Mario for this mail..I am now at residencial Flor de Primavera in Azambuja. I hope to be able to leave early tomorrow for Samtarem. I took note of your number in case of any difficulty and hope to arrive there early. I will stock with enough water and a snack. See you there. Ray

Hi, Ray, how is the Caminho treating you? Enjoy and let us know how it's going! Laurie

Hi, Ray, how is the Caminho treating you? Enjoy and let us know how it's going! Laurie
Hi Laurie..I am enjoying every minute of it. Today I have walked from Vila Franca to Azambuja. Although this part is quite industrial I did not mind..a surprise was waiting for me at Vila Nova da Rainha...a very good meal at a local restaurant. The route from Povoa de Santa Iria does not pass between factories any more but through a very peasant park along the Tagus. Will keep you posted. Ray

Thanks for the updates, Raymond. Please keep us posted I'm following you and Albertinho very closely for my Sept. departure.

Join our full-service guided tour and let us convert you into a Pampered Pilgrim!
Dear La Barre..I am glad you are following. I am Today in Fatima..worth combining and obtain another carimbo from there. Wish you the best of luck in your preparations. Ray
Thanks for the updates, Raymond. Please keep us posted I'm following you and Albertinho very closely for my Sept. departure.
Wil

Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-
Ray and IT. From what I saw, he must have an extra place on his backpack to carry on, Phone, GoPro, Backup Battery, and external Hard drive to back up all the pictures and movies from the named previous devices. He will never miss a bit of the caminho!
Bom Caminho Ray, Ultreia!!

Attachments

• 03Maio2015-1.jpg
    03Maio2015-1.jpg
    106.5 KB · Views: 8
Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
20150503_214648_Burst04.jpg Yo
Ray and IT. From what I saw, he must have an extra place on his backpack to carry on, Phone, GoPro, Backup Battery, and external Hard drive to back up all the pictures and movies from the named previous devices. He will never miss a bit of the caminho!
Bom Caminho Ray, Ultreia!!
You know Mario..I weighed every item in my rucksack before leaving Malta and no overweight.. 8.5kg.in all. These photos & movies will be a precious recount of the Camino. Thankyou once more !!!

Last edited:
The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.
I am now in Porto, spending amother day here, before I start walkining from Vila do Conde.

Bom Caminho

The wife and I are now in Lisbon. Today we are planning to meet Laurie - peregrina2000 - and start walking slowly tomorrow starting from Lisbon cathedral.

Our blog is gilcamino2.blogspot.ca

Buen Camino to everyone

Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-
The wife and I are now in Lisbon. Today we are planning to meet Laurie - peregrina2000 - and start walking slowly tomorrow starting from Lisbon cathedral.

Our blog is gilcamino2.blogspot.ca

Buen Camino to everyone

See you later today, Gil, looking forward to it! Anyone else who happens to be in Lisbon, we're gathering in front of the cathedral at 3:30 pm. Look for my head of white hair. Laurie

Absolutely! You have your choice of colors: yellow or yellow. :) It will be a short walk that day from Porto de Muge.

Santarem Hostel has now the famous Caminho Santiago Português 2015 Guitar Pick!! and StevethePlanner playing the guitars (12str acoustic and 4str bass).
Bom Caminho

Attachments

• 20150504_200717.jpg
    20150504_200717.jpg
    695.4 KB · Views: 12
  • 20150504_200745.jpg
    20150504_200745.jpg
    660.5 KB · Views: 13
  • 20150504_201816.jpg
    20150504_201816.jpg
    647.9 KB · Views: 12
  • 20150504_230153.jpg
    20150504_230153.jpg
    582.8 KB · Views: 11
Stopped in Pedra Furada tonight. Had some light rain after I arrived

€46,-
I had a very long day between Pedra Furada and Casa da Fernanda, but what a wonderfull time at Casa da Fernanda!

Now in Ponteverda. With my feet giving problems, I cheated and took the bus to Ponteverda from Tui.

I had a very long day between Pedra Furada and Casa da Fernanda, but what a wonderfull time at Casa da Fernanda!

Now in Ponteverda. With my feet giving problems, I cheated and took the bus to Ponteverda from Tui.
So you one day behind us Johan but we are on a different route, the Variante Espiritual. After 3 kms out of Pontevedra you see the waymarkers

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    121.3 KB · Views: 6
€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
We are now having dinner with Mario and Teresa. I wish I could play guitar.
On the other hand I can certainly eat, Tetesa has made bacalao for us and Annie the nurse is here, for dinner too.
So you are in great company. Enjoy your time and the rest of your caminho. We envy it. It is the time of our life. Give our regards to Mario and Theresa please .
Bom caminho

Albertinho
We'll do.
Bon Caminho to you too

I am in Padron tonight. Only walking to Teo tomorrow.

View attachment 18274 Yo

You know Mario..I weighed every item in my rucksack before leaving Malta and no overweight.. 8.5kg.in all. These photos & movies will be a precious recount of the Camino. Thankyou once more !!!
Hi Mario..hope you are well....arrived in Santiago two days ago and will fly back to Malta tomorrow. I have met so many wonderful people on the way and you are one of the first ones. I will never forget the nice stsy at your hostel. Hope to see again one day..kind regards to your wife...Ray

Most read last week in this forum

A piece from La Voz de Galicia commenting on the remarkable growth in numbers walking the Camino Portugues and especially the Coastal variant. The president of the local Amigos association...
Do I need to bring my own pillow & pillow case for albergues?
My friend is currently on the Camino Portuguese - a route that he has walked before and has now seen a number of markings as below. What does the Red Cross out signify?
Hi I start to walk the Central on April 24th from Porto and need to send a suitcase to IVAR in Santiago for storage. Has anyone done this and if so did you use DHL or another courier company and...
Hi, Has anyone stayed in Armenteira recently? I’ve contacted Victor the Taxi to try and reserve a bunk at the Slbuergue de peregrinos. He told me to contact “ Albergue de San Ero de Armenteira”...
Arriving in Valença around noon and I need to get to my hostel in Tui. I would like to conserve my energy and time, so can I take a taxi from Valença Bus station to take me to my hostel in Tui...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back