A donation to the forum removes ads for you, and supports Ivar in his work running it

Advertisement

Luggage Transfer Correos
Camino Badges

moxy

May your search through nature lead to yourself.
Camino(s) past & future
Camino Português 2019
Hi Pilgrims,

Im heading to the Camino Portugues on Sept 13. I'll be hiking starting on the coast on the first day and then merging with the central route. In the link below is my packing list which as it stands, it has a base weight of 8 lbs/3.6 kg. This could always change of course if I want to have a lighter base weight. Most of the equipment I already had it from previous hikes so Im reusing it rather than over-investing.

Enjoy! :cool:
My Camino Packing List

Last edited:

Kiwi-family

Veteran Member
Camino(s) past & future
Past: (2012, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2018)-Frances, Baztan, San Salvador, Primitivo, Fisterra,VdlP, Madrid
If I were being pernickity I would ditch the hand sanitizer and wipes and headlamp, but if you're happy with them, then all power to you!

Derrybiketours

A journey of 500 miles begins with one step!
Camino(s) past & future
SJPdP-SANT-FIN (09/2018)
PORTO-SANT (11/2018)
Caminho Da Fe (01/2019)
*Derry-SANT (09/2019)?
Great presentation and I walked this route from Porto in October last year after walking CF in September and would advise leaving treking poles at home. If required pick up a free staff, ditch head torch, (light on phone sufficient) down quilt is heavier than a silk liner, smart bottle surplus to requirement, simply buy refillable water bottles en-route, I would choose rain poncho over jacket. (Covers you and pack). Buff was surplus to requirement although Tilley hat was a necessity, had no need for sunglasses as hat was sufficient, no need for power bank but everything else in the list sounds great. My bag was osprey 22 litre and I found couple of carribiners very useful to attach travel pillow, anti-bug sheet and liner plus belt could be used to attach bag to side of bed post on bunk. I like your presentation, can you advise on how it was designed? 🤠

Last edited:

moxy

Camino(s) past & future
Camino Português 2019
Great presentation and I walked this route from Porto in October last year after walking CF in September and would advise leaving treking poles at home. If required pick up a free staff, ditch head torch, (light on phone sufficient) down quilt is heavier than a silk liner, smart bottle surplus to requirement, simply buy refillable water bottles en-route, I would choose rain poncho over jacket. (Covers you and pack). Buff was surplus to requirement although Tilley hat was a necessity, had no need for sunglasses as hat was sufficient, no need for power bank but everything else in the list sounds great. My bag was osprey 22 litre and I found couple of carribiners very useful to attach travel pillow, anti-bug sheet and liner plus belt could be used to attach bag to side of bed post on bunk. I like your presentation, can you advise on how it was designed? 🤠
Thanks. I just modified the list with some help of @Kiwi-family . Ditched the headlamp and minimized the toiletries category. Although Im an early hiker I was not sure about the head lamp, so thanks to both of you. I’ll find my way somehow.

Packing List:
I learned about the LigtherPack site when preparing for the Appalachian Trail and I love it. It helps me get a reality check on how much I'm carrying and ditch luxury items. Just open a free account and create your categories. https://lighterpack.com/

moxy

Camino(s) past & future
Camino Português 2019
Thank you both for the pack shakedown. 😀 The community really helps.

moxy

Camino(s) past & future
Camino Português 2019
Peregrinos,
Thanks for the feedback. I made some significant changes including changing my backpack from Zpacks to Hyperlight Mountain Gear among other things while still keeping it at 7.6 lb base weight. Here are some pictures . @Bob Howard New Pack List60762607636076460765

Book your lodging here

Get e-mail updates from Casa Ivar (Forum + Forum Store content)

Advertisement

Booking.com

Most downloaded Resources

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Forum Store

Camino Forum Store

Casa Ivar Newsletter

Forum Donation

Forum Donation
For those with no forum account, it is possible to donate here as well. Thank you for your support! Ivar

Follow Casa Ivar on Instagram

When is the best time to walk?

• January

Votes: 15 1.4%
  • February

Votes: 5 0.5%
  • March

Votes: 41 4.0%
  • April

Votes: 155 15.0%
  • May

Votes: 259 25.0%