• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Camino Portugués Video: Porto to Santiago 2022 | 11 Days in 20 Minutes

dwen

David
Time of past OR future Camino
Frances 2019
Portuguese 2022
Ingles 2023
Hi fellow pilgrims!

Hope all is well. I recently finished the Camino Portugues in 11 days from Porto to Santiago through the coastal, central, and spiritual routes.

I started on the coastal route from Porto, switched to the central route on Day 2 (Vila do Conde), and ended with the spiritual variant.

And I just put together a 20-minute video of the journey.

I also did daily vlogs of the journey with more details if anyone is interested: Camino Portugues 11-Day Playlist

Hope you enjoy it. Take care and bom caminho/buen camino!
David

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
Hi fellow pilgrims!

Hope all is well. I recently finished the Camino Portugues in 11 days from Porto to Santiago through the coastal, central, and spiritual routes.

I started on the coastal route from Porto, switched to the central route on Day 2 (Vila do Conde), and ended with the spiritual variant.

I also did daily vlogs of the journey with more details if anyone is interested: Camino Portugues 11-Day Playlist

David
Hi David,

Thanks for sharing!
How come you switched routes? Did you plan on doing it that way? Where did you stay and how far in advance did you book your lodging?

Would appreciate your input!

Thanks,

Barbie

Very nice! Congratulations on completing your pilgrimage!

I'd also be interested in your reasoning for switching to the Central. My husband wants to stick with the Littoral as long as possible, but I'd prefer to do a little of both. Would love your thoughts.

Edit for typos 😕

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
Hi fellow pilgrims!

David
Well done, beautiful job

Hi David,

Thanks for sharing!
How come you switched routes? Did you plan on doing it that way? Where did you stay and how far in advance did you book your lodging?

Would appreciate your input!

Thanks,

Barbie
Hi Barbie - you're welcome!

The only plan I had was to get to Porto and start with the coastal route (it's more beautiful)...and then I just "followed my heart/intuition" you could say.

The coastal route is BEAUTIFUL, but I didn't meet as many pilgrims...and I wanted a more intimate pilgrim experience. I am also from California, so the coast is something I grew up with.

On Day 2, I switched to the central route at Vila do Conde (after crossing the bridge, make a right) towards Rates. It's not very well marked, but I used Camino Ninja/Google Maps. You will also see yellow arrows after a certain point. Be careful though, it's a lot of road walking next to cars.

You can see this Day 2 Vlog I did where you can see where I made the turn =

I also have my itinerary including lodging in the daily vlogs. I didn't plan anything in advance...and in April, there was accommodation everywhere I went (no need to book in advance).

Hope this helps. Let me know if any more questions!
David

A selection of Camino Jewellery
Thanks Bala! I just replied to Barbie about making the switch to the central route.

It's possible though a lot of road walking. You could also take the bus. But I wanted to see both the coastal & central routes.

In this Day 2 Vlog, you can see where I made the turn (in Vila do Conde) and how it's like switching from Coastal > Central routes.

=)
David

Beautiful! Thanks for creating and sharing this. I did Baiona to Santiago last year and, God willing, I will return one day to go from Porto to Baiona.

Thank you, this brought back many memories. We ended up walking the Coastal the entire way and loved it! Thanks for sharing your journey on the Spiritual Variant, which some of our friends ended up taking. Video moved along well. Obrigada!

The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back