• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Camino Portugués

Marge666

Time of past OR future Camino
Well, this is my first post!! I'm very pleased to say that after having to cancel this last year (when I became 70), I'm actually all booked to take on the Camino Portugués - coastal (including the spiritual diversion) this September!!
All accommodation and flights are booked and my coach too!! Am also flying on to Sevilla for a several days after a few days in Santiago de Compostela! Hoping to see the incense burner swinging!
Total Camino distance - 191 miles - on my own, totally!!
Will come back in October a few inches shorter methinks, lol.
Margaret

Join our full-service guided tour and let us convert you into a Pampered Pilgrim!
You will never really be alone, or at least you will only be as alone as you choose to be.
The Camino provides man things to many people….but I suspect the most prolific item it has provided to pilgrims are kindred spirits, some who wander into your path at a time that they are needed.

Hi Marge !
Welcome to the forum!!
Hope you have a lovely walk and the sun shines on you!
I walked the Coastal and the Espiritual last September from Porto (left 17th arrived Santiago 10th Oct flew home 13thOct)
If you can spend a couple of days in Porto it's a lovely city loads to see and do.
The weather was fantastic for the whole Camino; apart from one day of heavy rain in Galicia. (avg in low twenties;but warmest was on Oct 12th in Santiago at 27 C!)
I took my time 27 days; took rest days to explore.
You defo won't be alone unless you want to be.
You will have a wonderful time in a wonderful place.
All the best
Buen Camino
Woody

Last edited:
The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
Many thanks. I'm having 3 rest days on the journey inc Cambarro (Chambarro?) and Padron. Really looking forward to it as I had to cancel last year!
Margaret

I am planning to do the Portugués from Porto in late September. Flying from Canada to Lisbon in mid-September, spending a few days to explore the city and travelling by road to Porto with a few stops on the way. I am not a fast walker, so it will take me 2 weeks or more to get to SDC. Maybe our path will cross. Buen Camino

I am planning to do the Portugués from Porto in late September. Flying from Canada to Lisbon in mid-September, spending a few days to explore the city and travelling by road to Porto with a few stops on the way. I am not a fast walker, so it will take me 2 weeks or more to get to SDC. Maybe our path will cross. Buen Camino
It may well do!!

Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-
I will ve walking the coastal, but starting in late Septdd we mover, around the 27th.

Join our full-service guided tour of the Basque Country and let us pamper you!
Well, this is my first post!! I'm very pleased to say that after having to cancel this last year (when I became 70), I'm actually all booked to take on the Camino Portugués - coastal (including the spiritual diversion) this September!!
All accommodation and flights are booked and my coach too!! Am also flying on to Sevilla for a several days after a few days in Santiago de Compostela! Hoping to see the incense burner swinging!
Total Camino distance - 191 miles - on my own, totally!!
Will come back in October a few inches shorter methinks, lol.
Margaret
Also planning exact same walk early July ( hoping for no hot days ) . I'm 77 fit walking alone and excited . Previously walked St John to SDC and 2019 Le Puy to Cahor fantastic but challenging .

Most read last week in this forum

Greetings all. I was scheduled to start in Porto in a few days. Went for a 20 km hike yesterday (my longest thus far) and almost didn’t make it. By the time I got home, I could hardly walk...
I have a confession. I am terrified of - and yes now feel free to laugh - the top bed in bunks with no railing/fence (something to stop you falling out). I've managed to get away with it except...
This is the latest fad for Camino stay out of the wind and woods 🤗.
One way or another, you need to see this movie! We were lucky enough this evening to attend the 'World Premiere' that was followed by a Q&A Session with: Writer / Director / Producer - Bill...
Did it make a difference in your short term, long term and lifetime? Did it change your soul..or chain it forevermore to some dusty track in Spain Are you in the ever present because of it, or...
Yes, pardon me. So I've just read this cool article about the closing of the Puerta del Perdón in the Monastery of Santo Toribio for the holy year (and it is a very beautiful peurta for sure). It...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back