A donation to the forum removes ads for you, and supports Ivar in his work running it

Advertisement

Luggage Transfer Correos
0 Euro Camino Bank Note

CostelloRA

Camino(s) past & future
Portugal (2017), France (2018)
Hi All, I walked the Camino Portuguese from Porto earlier this summer as a solo female hiker and have written a blog about my experience that, hopefully, can help other peregrinos considering taking the same route- the blogs I read before I set off were by far the most valuable in terms of preparation, hopefully mine can now help others, you can find it here

> https://roisincostello.com/2017/08/25/walking-the-camino-portuguese/

Buen Camino!

Roisin

lindam

Camino(s) past & future
Frances, Via de La Plata, Portuguese, Camino Ingles, Fisterra, Muxia, Catalan and Aragones, Norte
Thanks, Roisin, for your very informative blog. I have just begun reading it and will continue tomorrow as I am now eagerly awaiting the start of my next Camino starting in Lisbon on 25 September. Your writing will no doubt provide some useful insights.

Camino(s) past & future
Camino Portugués (September, 2017)
Thanks, Roisin, for your very informative blog. I have just begun reading it and will continue tomorrow as I am now eagerly awaiting the start of my next Camino starting in Lisbon on 25 September. Your writing will no doubt provide some useful insights.
I am planning on leaving Lisbon on September 19th, what route are you taking?

lindam

Camino(s) past & future
Frances, Via de La Plata, Portuguese, Camino Ingles, Fisterra, Muxia, Catalan and Aragones, Norte
We'll be walking the Camino Portuguese (Central route) from Lisbon to Santiago and then on to Fisterra and Muxia for the first time. We will then be off to walk the Camino Ingles starting in El Ferrol. As we will not be staring from Lisbon until 25 September, you will be several days ahead of us. Enjoy your Camino!

Ajrk

Camino(s) past & future
Hi Roisin
Thank you for sharing your adventures.
I was particularly interested from Tui onwards , as next month I am starting from Porto along the coast as far as Caminha before turning inland to Valenca / Tui and will make a point of visiting the Fortress in Valenca as not sure if that's on the route from Caminha thanks again
Alan

Mournes

Hi All, I walked the Camino Portuguese from Porto earlier this summer as a solo female hiker and have written a blog about my experience that, hopefully, can help other peregrinos considering taking the same route- the blogs I read before I set off were by far the most valuable in terms of preparation, hopefully mine can now help others, you can find it here

> https://roisincostello.com/2017/08/25/walking-the-camino-portuguese/

Buen Camino!

Roisin
Hi Roisin
I believe that you have misinterpreted the rules set down by the Cathedral of Santiago regarding the Compostela.Under the heading Pilgrim Passport ,in your blog and referencing the Compostela,and I quote ,"Certifying you have completed the minimum distance of 100km on foot or 200km by bike".unquote.
You state in your blog that you took the train for the last 25 kms into
Santiago .Having done so you then went to the Pilgrim Office and claimed the Compostela.
The rule is that pilgrims on foot must walk the last 100 kms into Santiago.You have misinterpreted the rule .Perhaps you should change this error in your blog so as not to mislead others.

Grace3808

Camino(s) past & future
Frances from SJPP (May '17) Finisterre to Muxia (MAy '17) Portuguese from Lisbon (Oct '17)
A couple of days ahead of you... starting on 23 Sept. Bom Caminho!!

DQuinn

Camino(s) past & future
August 29 2014
Thank you all for sharing. I will be starting in Porto on the 18th of September. Looking to go the central route. Still feeling a little uncertain about this camino due to the multiple choice of routes. I am glad to see that there will be other pilgrims starting out as well in late September.

Book your lodging here

Get e-mail updates from Casa Ivar (Forum + Forum Store content)

Advertisement

Booking.com

Most downloaded Resources

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Forum Store

Camino Forum Store

Casa Ivar Newsletter

Forum Donation

Forum Donation
For those with no forum account, it is possible to donate here as well. Thank you for your support! Ivar

Follow Casa Ivar on Instagram

When is the best time to walk?

• January

Votes: 15 1.4%
  • February

Votes: 6 0.6%
  • March

Votes: 43 4.0%
  • April

Votes: 165 15.2%
  • May

Votes: 265 24.4%