• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Camino Portuguese Distance Planner

Time of past OR future Camino
Francis SJPDP-SDC (2014, 2015, 2016, 2017) , Norte 2018
Pilgrim Office 2018, Hospitalero Acebo 2019
Does anybody know if there is a Camino Portuguese distance calculator out there anywhere? I've searched and could not find one. Thank you all in advance!!! Ed

New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!
St James' Way - Self-guided 4-7 day Walking Packages, Reading to Southampton, 110 kms
Hi Ed, sorry, I don't know of one.
The Camino Planner doesn't have the Portuguese Routes yet:
http://www.godesalco.com/plan

Gronze, however, is updating it's Portuguese info:
https://www.gronze.com/camino-portugues
and is very good for working out one's own itinerary quite easily.

Jill

Thank you Jill.

I used the godesalco on all 4 of my previous Francis Caminos just for rough planning purposes and wanted to do the same for the Portuguese Camino. The gronze site has some data that is very helpful so thank you for that.

Buen Camino Jill
Ed

3rd Edition. More content, training & pack guides avoid common mistakes, bed bugs etc
Thank you. I had previously purchased the WISEPILGRIM all APPs and I have the Camino Portuguese on my IPhone. How can I tell if I have the latest APP with all the updates you mention. I cannot find a release #. You can PM me to take this convo off line. Thank you. Ed
Ed, in all likelyhood you have the most recent release. Another is coming in early March and the number will be more visible in the app. Thanks for the support.

Does anybody know if there is a Camino Portuguese distance calculator out there anywhere? I've searched and could not find one. Thank you all in advance!!! Ed
Easy, use Wikiloc web site , the site has millions of trailers done by hikers or pilgrims. Type the city name that you want to reach than make sure you had ckecked the case hike or walk not bike or car. Pick the one you want they might have more then one with different distance because they started from where they stayed the night before or the pilgrims walked more or less.
You could buy the application GPS Motion X $5 or $6 ( very easy to use they have a great customer service) download the track on your phone and follow the arrow like in your car plus you will save $$$ from books or maps. I have done that for each part of the camino prior leaving or for hiking in different country.
Good luck!

A selection of Camino Jewellery
Easy, use Wikiloc web site , the site has millions of trailers done by hikers or pilgrims. Type the city name that you want to reach than make sure you had ckecked the case hike or walk not bike or car. Pick the one you want they might have more then one with different distance because they started from where they stayed the night before or the pilgrims walked more or less.
You could buy the application GPS Motion X $5 or $6 ( very easy to use they have a great customer service) download the track on your phone and follow the arrow like in your car plus you will save $$$ from books or maps. I have done that for each part of the camino prior leaving or for hiking in different country.
Good luck!

Thank you . I will give it a try.....

Hello,
I start Camino Portugues May 21. Reading this prompts me to ask can someone suggest a simple route map and some god albergues to Fatima. from Santarem and on to Toman. I understand this is the best detour from the main camino route.
Thank you

Most read last week in this forum

A piece from La Voz de Galicia commenting on the remarkable growth in numbers walking the Camino Portugues and especially the Coastal variant. The president of the local Amigos association...
Do I need to bring my own pillow & pillow case for albergues?
Greetings fellow pilgrims! I'm planning our journey from Porto to Vigo, beginning on Senda Litoral and eventually merging into the coastal route. Does anyone have recommendations a good place to...
Hi, Has anyone stayed in Armenteira recently? I’ve contacted Victor the Taxi to try and reserve a bunk at the Slbuergue de peregrinos. He told me to contact “ Albergue de San Ero de Armenteira”...
My friend is currently on the Camino Portuguese - a route that he has walked before and has now seen a number of markings as below. What does the Red Cross out signify?
Hi I start to walk the Central on April 24th from Porto and need to send a suitcase to IVAR in Santiago for storage. Has anyone done this and if so did you use DHL or another courier company and...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back