• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Camino PrepGroup in London

kiah

Hi Folks,

Does anyone know contacts in London who meet up to prepare for the Camino ?...I'm planning to do the Camino in Apr/May next but was feeling lost and didn't know where to start, so thank you ALL for the detailed info...its very helpful.
kia

The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
As well as the open day mentioned above the CSJ holds Practical Pilgrim Days every year and the meeting in London is usually in February. They are just what you are after and experienced pilgrims are there to give advice and help to those about to start on their first journey. I have taken part on both sides as new pilgrim and past pilgrim and would say that they are very good.

From the CSJ website:
Practical Pilgrim days follow a similar pattern wherever the location, varied according to local circumstances. It is a chance for those planning to make the pilgrimage to learn from those who have recently returned. The day generally runs from 10.00 a.m. until 3 or 4.00 p.m. (but see actual timings below). A general session of questions and answers leads into more specific groups for walkers and cyclists. A walk or visit may allow people to get to know each other and a talk and meal together is organised for the evening. Often there is a Sunday walk for those wanting to stay the whole weekend. It is helpful if people come prepared with some questions to ask from their own pilgrimage preparation. A £5 charge is usually made to cover costs.

Join our full-service guided tour of the Basque Country and let us pamper you!
Hi Kia,

The CSJ office is also open every Thursday 11 am to 3pm for visitors or telephone enquiries.

The next open day is Sat 29 Oct.

Please come and say hi and ask anything you like, browse the books and guides etc....check the website for details of the CSJ address and how to find the office.

:D

Hi Kia, I am also doing the camino april/may 2012! And I live in London!!Did you go to any of the CSJ open days? I will most likely be going to the open day on sat 29 Oct. Thanks Pacharan :wink:

Hola Folks,

Mig, William 'thank you so much for the info. I will starting to get down to making contacts.

Pacharan,I'm planning the pilgrimage April/May like you however unlike you mine aint set in stone yet! Unable to make it this weekend for the open day however will find out the dates for the next one to be there and hope to meet you then.

love n Light
Kia

St James' Way - Self-guided 4-7 day Walking Packages, Reading to Southampton, 110 kms

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.