• Get your Camino Frances Guidebook here.
  • For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Camino Presentation

Dave C.

Time of past OR future Camino
Francis (2016)
SJ to Santo Domingo (2017)
Santo Domingo to Fromista (2018)
SJPdP to Burgos (2019)
I was able to attend a presentation on the Camino at the Great Outdoor Provision Company in Virginia Beach tonight. The presentation was given by the authors of the Village to Village Guides. Both David Landis and Anna Dintaman were amazing. They have dedicated their pursuits to commissioning new trails and mapping existing trails all over the world. It was a great night of discussion, fellowship and reflection on our experiences. It was also nice to spread to joy of the Camino with those in attendance who are thinking of walking their Camino. I wish David and Anna all the best.

A selection of Camino Jewellery
It is lovely to spend time with people who have walked or want to walk the Camino... always joyful. We have an all-day gathering of pilgrims coming up this weekend with various presenters including (drum roll please) :) John Brierley.
Where is this to be held?

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
The first edition came out in 2003 and has become the go-to-guide for many pilgrims over the years. It is shipping with a Pilgrim Passport (Credential) from the cathedral in Santiago de Compostela.
Rather far from the UK. Shame. Best of luck
Please look for the opportunity to hear John Brierley give a presentation in your part of the world. Honestly, I could have listened to him speak all day - such a kind, thoughtful, loving man and a true inspiration! He was funny, too, when he spoke of practicing "mindful walking" with Thich Nhat Hanh ..very, very slowly. Then they came to a golf course and the golfers waved them through. Thich Naht Hahn then said, "Now we will practice mindful jogging!" One quote I loved was, "Silence is the language of god; all else is a poor translation." But there was so much more... :)

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
Please look for the opportunity to hear John Brierley give a presentation in your part of the world. Honestly, I could have listened to him speak all day - such a kind, thoughtful, loving man and a true inspiration! He was funny, too, when he spoke of practicing "mindful walking" with Thich Nhat Hanh ..very, very slowly. Then they came to a golf course and the golfers waved them through. Thich Naht Hahn then said, "Now we will practice mindful jogging!" One quote I loved was, "Silence is the language of god; all else is a poor translation." But there was so much more... :)
I will look out for him. Sounds wonderful.
Thanks for giving me the heads up

Most read last week in this forum

My name is Henrik and I will be coming down to SJPdP from Sweden on March 26 and start walking on March 27. I don't really have any experience and I'm not the best at planning and I'm a little...
When I hiked the Frances Route this happened. I was hiking in the afternoon just east of Arzua. I was reserved a bed at an albergue in Arzua, so I had already hiked all the way from San Xulien...
I'd like some recommendations about where to find the most current and up to date information about albergues that are actually open. I'm currently walking the camino Frances, and I can't even...
I am finalizing my packing list for Frances, and do not want to over pack. (I am 71) I will be starting at SJPdP on April 25th to Roncesvalles and forward. I was hoping on some advise as to...
Today is March 21, 1024 If you’re starting El Francés around this time, be warned that quite a few stretches between Rabanal del Camino and Molinaseca are in pretty bad shape. Lots of mud, and...
First marker starting from Albergue Monasterio de la Magdalena in Sarria (113.460 km) Start: 2023.9.29 07:22 Arrival: 2023.9.30 13:18 walking time : 26 hours 47 minutes rest time : 3 hours 8...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.