• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Camino Primitivo - An Alternate Route

GuyA

Time of past OR future Camino
My Camino is a little different and I will admit totally silly...however I am in need of something to keep my mind off of so many serious issues. I saw an article about a young guy in France who ran a marathon on his 23 ft balcony...took him 6 hours as relief from the current situation.

I was to walk the Camino Primitivo starting May 10th of this year...clearly not possible. My wife and I decided to self isolate for 14 days last Thursday sooo...I thought why not walk the 310 km Camino Primitivo over 13 days, while in self isolation, on the 29 ft deck in the backyard.

Day 6 complete...about 150 kms walked... Added each day to my blog www.caminolongwalk.blogspot.com. If someone is looking for something serious this isn't the place to find it...if someone wants to look for something totally goofy, silly, many would say stupid you may find something there. Consider it simply something to do in these tough times.

So looking forward to the open Camino pilgrim trails...whenever that is possible.

Guy

A selection of Camino Jewellery
Join our full-service guided tour of the Basque Country and let us pamper you!
Am in my caravan in west Kerry Ireland and planning my Camino primotivo for autumn 2020.
Spending my time Learning Spanish, Walking , and learning Tai Chi. I wish to extend my love to All members of the Camino forum
Jim
Sounds calm. I’m walking and learning Spanish, maybe I should add Tai Chi. I am spending a lot of time fighting off brambles in one of our little valleys!

I flew home from walking the Primitivo this day last year. It was a great walk, a little hard in places but worth it. I could have share some pics to give you something head for each day. haha
Reall I was just going to write well done! Plus it must be nice to turn up at you home and your own bed each day!!

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
Don't forget to stop on Melide for a plate of pulpo and a cold beer!

Good on ya mate! Keep going! but.... after 14 days of solitude and not showing any symptoms, does not make it safe to resume your life and enjoy fellow humans. You won't know what their status is for sure until no one else is getting sick for at least two weeks. So if someone starts to show symptoms on April 15, and self isolates at that time, it is possible that he was exposed on April 1 or later, and anyone he comes in contact with prior to self isolating, is also potentially now exposed. So I think we should all be thinking of staying put longer. Hey, more opportunity to wear a real path on your deck! Buen camino

Good on ya mate! Keep going! but.... after 14 days of solitude and not showing any symptoms, does not make it safe to resume your life and enjoy fellow humans. You won't know what their status is for sure until no one else is getting sick for at least two weeks. So if someone starts to show symptoms on April 15, and self isolates at that time, it is possible that he was exposed on April 1 or later, and anyone he comes in contact with prior to self isolating, is also potentially now exposed. So I think we should all be thinking of staying put longer. Hey, more opportunity to wear a real path on your deck! Buen camino
No question after end of 14 day period I will be very careful...once a week grocery shopping at seniors hour only! Social distancing all the way! This new behaviour will be required for months I expect allowing us to get through this very difficult time safely and get back to the Camino!

St James' Way - Self-guided 4-7 day Walking Packages, Reading to Southampton, 110 kms

Most read last week in this forum

Greetings all. I was scheduled to start in Porto in a few days. Went for a 20 km hike yesterday (my longest thus far) and almost didn’t make it. By the time I got home, I could hardly walk...
I have a confession. I am terrified of - and yes now feel free to laugh - the top bed in bunks with no railing/fence (something to stop you falling out). I've managed to get away with it except...
This is the latest fad for Camino stay out of the wind and woods 🤗.
One way or another, you need to see this movie! We were lucky enough this evening to attend the 'World Premiere' that was followed by a Q&A Session with: Writer / Director / Producer - Bill...
Did it make a difference in your short term, long term and lifetime? Did it change your soul..or chain it forevermore to some dusty track in Spain Are you in the ever present because of it, or...
Yes, pardon me. So I've just read this cool article about the closing of the Puerta del Perdón in the Monastery of Santo Toribio for the holy year (and it is a very beautiful peurta for sure). It...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back