Search over 55.000 Camino Questions

A donation to the forum removes ads for you, and supports Ivar in his work running it

Advertisement
Camino Socks
Browse the Camino Socks collection on the forum shop
Donation to the Forum
A donation to this forum helps it continue to exists and also removes all ads for you.

Camino Primitivo, arriving in Santiago at easter week.

MKalcolm M

Solvitur ambulando - It is solved by walking
Year of past OR future Camino
north route spring 2013
Hello,
My 14 year old daughter and I are starting out from Oviedo on the fourth of April, and flying home on the 21st of April. I am rather concerned about booking accommodation for the last few nights, as it is Easter week then, and by all accounts the camino is very busy. I normally just wing it on every camino, but I don't want to be looking for a bed with a tired teenager after a long days walking. We are wondering about doing the green route from Lugo which goes to Sobrado, then arrives at Santiago near the airport. Has anyone done this at this time of year and if so is it necessary to book ahead? Are there any recommendations for albergues along this way? If we stay on the normal route how neccessary would it be to book ahead after Lugo? Many thanks, M

Peaceable Projects Inc.
Peaceable Projects Inc. is a U.S.-based non-profit group that brings the vast resources of the wide world together with the ongoing needs of the people who live, work, and travel on the Camino de Santiago pilgrim trail network in Spain.
Unique engravings about the Camino de Santiago from Gabriel and other art objects.

t2andreo

Veteran Member
C/F: 2013, 2014
C/M: 2016
C/P: 2015, 2017
C/I: 2018
Voluntario: 2014 - 2019
I am planning to walk the same route in early May. I made reservations for every night. In many cases, I was getting the last bookable bed.ook ahead

I recommend you try to book ahead, or plan to revert to the occasional albergue if bookable private accommodations are not available.

Hansel

Camino Frances and Fisterre (2018,08) ,Camino Primitivo, and Fisterre,(2019,04)
Hello,
My 14 year old daughter and I are starting out from Oviedo on the fourth of April, and flying home on the 21st of April. I am rather concerned about booking accommodation for the last few nights, as it is Easter week then, and by all accounts the camino is very busy. I normally just wing it on every camino, but I don't want to be looking for a bed with a tired teenager after a long days walking. We are wondering about doing the green route from Lugo which goes to Sobrado, then arrives at Santiago near the airport. Has anyone done this at this time of year and if so is it necessary to book ahead? Are there any recommendations for albergues along this way? If we stay on the normal route how neccessary would it be to book ahead after Lugo? Many thanks, M
How are the two of you getting on ? What's your weather been like ?
Will be a week behind you, last question if you've stayed in refugios did you have sleeping bags ?
Bill

Did not find what you were looking for? Search here

Popular Resources

“All” Albergues on the Camino Frances in one pdf ivar
  • Featured
“All” Albergues on the Camino Frances in one pdf
4.95 star(s) 100 ratings
Downloads
Updated
A selection of favorite albergues on the Camino Francés Ton van Tilburg
Favorite Albergues along the Camino Frances
4.83 star(s) 35 ratings