Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Camino Primitivo, arriving in Santiago at easter week.

MKalcolm M

Solvitur ambulando - It is solved by walking
Time of past OR future Camino
north route spring 2013
Hello,
My 14 year old daughter and I are starting out from Oviedo on the fourth of April, and flying home on the 21st of April. I am rather concerned about booking accommodation for the last few nights, as it is Easter week then, and by all accounts the camino is very busy. I normally just wing it on every camino, but I don't want to be looking for a bed with a tired teenager after a long days walking. We are wondering about doing the green route from Lugo which goes to Sobrado, then arrives at Santiago near the airport. Has anyone done this at this time of year and if so is it necessary to book ahead? Are there any recommendations for albergues along this way? If we stay on the normal route how neccessary would it be to book ahead after Lugo? Many thanks, M

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
I am planning to walk the same route in early May. I made reservations for every night. In many cases, I was getting the last bookable bed.ook ahead

I recommend you try to book ahead, or plan to revert to the occasional albergue if bookable private accommodations are not available.

Hello,
My 14 year old daughter and I are starting out from Oviedo on the fourth of April, and flying home on the 21st of April. I am rather concerned about booking accommodation for the last few nights, as it is Easter week then, and by all accounts the camino is very busy. I normally just wing it on every camino, but I don't want to be looking for a bed with a tired teenager after a long days walking. We are wondering about doing the green route from Lugo which goes to Sobrado, then arrives at Santiago near the airport. Has anyone done this at this time of year and if so is it necessary to book ahead? Are there any recommendations for albergues along this way? If we stay on the normal route how neccessary would it be to book ahead after Lugo? Many thanks, M
How are the two of you getting on ? What's your weather been like ?
Will be a week behind you, last question if you've stayed in refugios did you have sleeping bags ?
Bill

St James' Way - Self-guided 4-7 day Walking Packages, Reading to Southampton, 110 kms

Most read last week in this forum

Can anyone recommend a good snack to buy for the hospitalès route Nothing major just something to keep me going Many thanks

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.