Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Camino primitivo in June

zanndat

Time of past OR future Camino
Camino Portuguese (Coastal)
Camino Primitivo
Hi all.
I am trying to find some information about camino Primitivo in June. I am planning to go there in 2020.
I have walked Portuguese coastal camino this year September/October and weather was awesome. it was not hot AND

As I don`t want to walk in really hot weather, maybe someone could share experience while walked in June?
Are there many pilgrims? As i don`t want to be there if it is crowded. but at least as I read, Primitivo is good, because there is not lot of pilgrims.

Share your experience!
Thank you in advance!
Buen Camino! 🙏

Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-
Hi Zanndat!

In June the weather is supposed to be warm but not hot. Anyway, on the northern caminos ... always expect some rain, be prepared for wet weather (I would say that you have like 50% probability of having a couple of rainy days).

In that season the Hospitales route will be open ... my advice, take that route!

You will find many pilgrims, but far, far away from what you find in the Camino Frances. You'll be shocked when you get to Melide and see so many pilgrims in the Camino Frances!!:eek:

Lirsy, thank you a lot!
I am afraid little bit of last 100 km with crowd of pilgrims, but I think this will be good experience too.

New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!
Lirsy, thank you a lot!
I am afraid little bit of last 100 km with crowd of pilgrims, but I think this will be good experience too.
Do try to stop at Vilar de Cas in Hostel A Pocina de Muniz - google it - an outstanding Albergue and Hostel. It’s 14 euros for an Albergue bed and the room is magnificent. I’ve been in many 5 star hotels that don’t have the style of this place. There is also dinner on site. Also the albergue in Samblismo at the start of the hospitalis route is a must!

Most read last week in this forum

Can anyone recommend a good snack to buy for the hospitalès route Nothing major just something to keep me going Many thanks

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.