Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Camino Primitivo May-June 2015 blog

Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-
¡Hola John!.

Bonitas fotos. Lo estuve leyendo un poco y hago un apunte por si lo quieres corregir. El museo que visitaste en Grandas, es el Museo Etnográfico de Grandas de Salime y, aunque las tradiciones son parecidas, lo que allí ves son las antiguas costumbres y forma de vida del occidente de Asturias, no de Galicia.

Hi John !.

Nice photos. I was reading a little and make a note in case you want to correct. The museum is to see in Grandas is the Museo Etnográfico de Grandas de Salime and although traditions are similar, what you see there are ancient customs and lifestyle of western Asturias and not of Galicia.

http://www.museodegrandas.com/

A selection of Camino Jewellery
Hi there John!, nice work on your blog, with your personal experience! It sure will be useful for other pilgrims doing the Primitivo!

I have a couple of questions...: one is that you said that, on your day from Lugo to Ponte Ferreira, you first took a detour towards Bahamonde for like 5km and then decided to get back to the original way, and that you would later regret that decision...: can you explain why you regreted it?

Also, because of the comments and photos posted about my albergue, Ponte Ferreira, it would seem to me that you didn't especially like it, ...am I right or wrong? What do you mean by "At cost of 24 euros for bed, dinner and breakfast I had the pleasure of doing my laundry in a stream that ran through the grounds of the Albergue..."?

Thank you, and best wishes,

I loved the albergue at Ponte Ferreira. I enjoyed sitting outside having lunch hearing the stream, and then washing my clothes in the stream. The meal was wonderful plus the bar service after, with the liqueur.

¡Hola John!.

Bonitas fotos. Lo estuve leyendo un poco y hago un apunte por si lo quieres corregir. El museo que visitaste en Grandas, es el Museo Etnográfico de Grandas de Salime y, aunque las tradiciones son parecidas, lo que allí ves son las antiguas costumbres y forma de vida del occidente de Asturias, no de Galicia.

Hi John !.

Nice photos. I was reading a little and make a note in case you want to correct. The museum is to see in Grandas is the Museo Etnográfico de Grandas de Salime and although traditions are similar, what you see there are ancient customs and lifestyle of western Asturias and not of Galicia.

http://www.museodegrandas.com/

Thanks Angulero.
Burn Camino

Join our full-service guided tour and let us convert you into a Pampered Pilgrim!
Hi there John!, nice work on your blog, with your personal experience! It sure will be useful for other pilgrims doing the Primitivo!

I have a couple of questions...: one is that you said that, on your day from Lugo to Ponte Ferreira, you first took a detour towards Bahamonde for like 5km and then decided to get back to the original way, and that you would later regret that decision...: can you explain why you regreted it?

Also, because of the comments and photos posted about my albergue, Ponte Ferreira, it would seem to me that you didn't especially like it, ...am I right or wrong? What do you mean by "At cost of 24 euros for bed, dinner and breakfast I had the pleasure of doing my laundry in a stream that ran through the grounds of the Albergue..."?

Thank you, and best wishes,

Hello Juanma,
I regretted the detour decision because it added another 10 kilometers or so to my days' walking:(

As for your Albergue, I really enjoyed my stay with you. I was made to feel welcome, had a comfortable bed in clean, modern surroundings and ate well that evening. My comment about doing my laundry in the stream was not meant as a criticism of any kind. I was simply trying to give people a feel for the Camino as a whole. I accept I could have been a little more clear in the way I wrote that section of my blog. Please accept my apologies if I have caused you any undue worry or concern.:eek: I'll change the wording of that part.

EVERYONE ELSE WHO READS THIS POST.............. For clarification,,,,,, Albergue Ponte Ferreira is a good Albergue.

Buen Camino

What an enjoyable read. Thank you so very much for sharing. I am leaving for my first Camino on May 24th, and was debating the whole time, should I just do del Norte, or Primitivo. Well sir, you now have convinced me that I HAVE to do the Primitivo. But in Lugo I will detour through the Camino Verde, to Sobrado dos Monxes. Have a greaat one, and once again, thanx.

What an enjoyable read. Thank you so very much for sharing. I am leaving for my first Camino on May 24th, and was debating the whole time, should I just do del Norte, or Primitivo. Well sir, you now have convinced me that I HAVE to do the Primitivo. But in Lugo I will detour through the Camino Verde, to Sobrado dos Monxes. Have a greaat one, and once again, thanx.
If you have the time, start with the Norte, then join the Primitivo and end with your variante. Perfect Camino to me.

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-

Glad to be of help.
Buen Camino

If you have the time, start with the Norte, then join the Primitivo and end with your variante. Perfect Camino to me.
I actually plan on starting in Santander, Looks like brilliant minds think alike :)

I actually plan on starting in Santander, Looks like brilliant minds think alike :)
Even more brilliant is you bus from Santander to Santillana and start there as the stretch from Santander to Santillana is quite ordinary. :rolleyes:

Last year I did Oviedo-Lugo-Sobrado-SdC and definitely my favourite camino experience (so far). I would do it again this year at the drop of a hat but haven't found the necessary time slot yet. Maybe October-November. I also walked Norte starting in Santander previous year and highly recommend that too. I am jealous.....:D

Last year I did Oviedo-Lugo-Sobrado-SdC and definitely my favourite camino experience (so far). I would do it again this year at the drop of a hat but haven't found the necessary time slot yet. Maybe October-November. I also walked Norte starting in Santander previous year and highly recommend that too. I am jealous.....:D
Looks like I got lucky, and chose a good route for my first camino. I am really excited, only 2 months to go. Did you find it hard to follow the the Trail between Lugo and Sobrado? I have read from other People that they ended up getting a bit lost. By the way, just drop everything and join me if you would like :) Enjoy the day.

Even more brilliant is you bus from Santander to Santillana and start there as the stretch from Santander to Santillana is quite ordinary. :rolleyes:
Thanks for the tip, I just might do that. I am looking Forward to see the Paleolithic cave paintings in Santillana anyways :)

St James' Way - Self-guided 4-7 day Walking Packages, Reading to Southampton, 110 kms
Looks like I got lucky, and chose a good route for my first camino. I am really excited, only 2 months to go. Did you find it hard to follow the the Trail between Lugo and Sobrado? I have read from other People that they ended up getting a bit lost. By the way, just drop everything and join me if you would like :) Enjoy the day.
No it is not too difficult. I think it is fair to say that not everyone will end up following exactly the same path! But look through this and you won't go too far wrong.

Hello @JohnMcM. I have just discovered this thread and, as I will walking the Primitivo in May/June next year, I thought I would ask you about the temperatures. I know there seems to be nothing normal about our weather patterns anymore, but did you carry (and need) a sleeping bag? Many thanks, Mel

Hello @JohnMcM. I have just discovered this thread and, as I will walking the Primitivo in May/June next year, I thought I would ask you about the temperatures. I know there seems to be nothing normal about our weather patterns anymore, but did you carry (and need) a sleeping bag? Many thanks, Mel

Hello Stripey Socks,
As far as I can recall the weather was variable but not 'very wet'.

The mornings were a little misty and chilly at times, probably due to the elevation. Yes, I had a lightweight sleeping bag.

I can't recall getting my waterproofs on, and none of my photos have me wearing them. Maybe I just got lucky?

Go prepared would be my advice.

Buen (lovely Primitivo) camino

Hello Stripey Socks,
As far as I can recall the weather was variable but not 'very wet'.

The mornings were a little misty and chilly at times, probably due to the elevation. Yes, I had a lightweight sleeping bag.

I can't recall getting my waterproofs on, and none of my photos have me wearing them. Maybe I just got lucky?

Go prepared would be my advice.

Buen (lovely Primitivo) camino
Many thanks. Mel

St James' Way - Self-guided 4-7 day Walking Packages, Reading to Southampton, 110 kms

Most read last week in this forum

Can anyone recommend a good snack to buy for the hospitalès route Nothing major just something to keep me going Many thanks

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back